“Visit to Flamingo Gardens June 11th, 2011”
Review of Flamingo Gardens

Flamingo Gardens
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$19.89*
and up
General Admission to Flamingo Gardens Admission...
Ranked #1 of 42 things to do in Davie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This place has a good cause, which is great, however, I felt like I threw my money away.... They charge a liitle too much for what they offer... I have been to other gardens in south Florida so I can compare prices and amenities. $17 per person was too high, I would say $10 would be acceptable. In addition, this $17 does not include anything, any x-tras like tours, etc, you will need to pay $4 - $5 more per person. I dont think I would ever go back there !

6  Thank llanerocaracas

Reviewed December 14, 2010

It starts kind of slow but when you figure out where to go there's a lot of stuff to see and things to learn and the best thing is all the animals are rescued and they don't make any money from the government or anything they depend solely on donations and the money they make off the park. I love the aviary the birds come right up to you and eat off your hand.

2  Thank lleiva88
Reviewed November 11, 2010

If you are a parent or caregiver of a special needs child especially autistic I do not recommend visiting this location. If your baby cries do not attempt to ride the tour tram. Particular staff at Flamingo gardens are very unprofessional. I visited today Nov. 11 2010 with a friend of mine who was verbally berated while in front of me than forced to get off a tour tram after the tour had started due to her 3 year old autistic child crying. I was astonished by the way she and her child were treated. Her mistreatment was exacerbated by the tour guide using the loudspeaker to proclaim her dislike of her childs crying off and on through the short time she was on the tour. After leaving the tour with my friend the guide continued to discuss the situation with other visitors The tour guide had been notified prior to the beginning of the tour that the child is autistic and would calm once the ride was in progress. This was my first experience at Flamingo Gardens with my twin sons with cerebral palsy. I do not ever plan on returning due to the blatent mistreatment of a special needs individual I observed first hand.

10  Thank Momofspecialneeds
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We brought our two year old son to Flamingo Gardens a few months back. Initially the price seems a bit much for what is there, but it seems that it is for a good cause as all the animals are rescued. They have an area with animals like otters and gators. Lots of Peacocks roaming free with beautiful feathers. MIght as well spend the few extra bucks to take the tram tour. Takes you throughout the back area with lots of different trees, bushes, flowers. Have a nice bird habitat and show that introduces you to some different animals! Would definitely go again, but I will look for deals to get in!

Reviewed September 23, 2010

This place is fantastic!! The staff is wonderfull. They care for animals who can no longer make it in the wild cause of injuries and such. So you are not supporting a zoo that incloses animals for humans intertainment, but a place that helps the animals that needs it :) the have a big aveary and you walk amongs the birds in there, it is wonderful :)

2  Thank glimmertos