“Nicely done...”

Cuisines: Italian
Hollywood, Florida
“Nicely done...”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Wood fire pizza places are spreading like wildfire and for good reason. Scarfones is a bit different in that it has more of an industrial big city feel. The food is very similar to what you would get at Anthony's but it feels more a little more cosmopolitan. I went there after a movie relativity late at night and found the food, service and atmosphere to be very good. I think this is a better choice for a date than Anthony's would be. The bottom line, tasty food, reasonable prices, cool big city modern decor plus good service and late hours. I think it's a winner.

Visited August 2012

Cooper City
“Don't Go”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

They don't know the meaning of customer service. The manager and staff are very rude. The food is horrible. The sauce tastes like they put loads of sugar in it. The chicken wings are soggy and sitting in some kind of broth. This is a really bad version of Anthony's.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank rosa k
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I ordered there regular chicken wings with grilled onions thinking they would be similar to Anthony's. I was surely mistaken. These wings looked and tasted as if they were boiled. Also, they were sitting in broth. Who serves wings in broth? My wife and I ordered them as an appetizer so we both had a wing. I told the waiter the wings were really bad and he offered to switch them out for something else. Then the manager comes back with our wings and says you can't return your wings. She says our policy is after you take your first bite you need to notify them if you don't like the food. Taking a second bite violates there policy and you are stuck with there crappy food. If your thing is bad customer service this is your place.

2 Thank Musicman197
Tamarac, Florida
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

As soon as i walked in the ambiance of the place was great. The decor was chic yet it had a sports pub feel. It had 17 flat screens to watch the games, The staff was very helpful, since it was my first time there. The pizza had a thin crust with a coal fire taste, not to mention the awesome wings. I will definitely be going back!

• Visited July 2012
Riverview, Florida
“What is service? You want to watch the Marlins, who?”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I wanted to let Scarfone's know I was not pleased but its website for comments does not work. I thought the food was average but very pricey for what you get. I expect more from a coal flred location from my days living in Italy. The pie was adequate but like someone else said, if I had purchased a thin crust frozen pizza at the nearby Publix.
The restauraunt ambiience makes it dark so dark it makes reading the menu difficult if you are not sitting by the windows. The waitress who seated me was the hotstess/server. She was not personable and offered no suggestions. When I said, I was still looking at the menu, I would have expected her to say well are you interested in the pizza or do you want to try one of our pastas dishes? Or we have some nice chicken dishes that are exceptional!! Since I was alone there was no suggesion made on what type of pie would best serve me. The other waitress refilled my glass since the hostess/waitress who served me was a total stuffed shirt. I will not return, and I stay near this location on a monthly basis. By the way this was Monday night and it was not busy. Oh, and I asked to watch the local Florida Marlins game on tv that was on ESPN. The question I was asked was, "do you know what channel?" Huh, I do not live here. It's your TV system. Get with the program people. Total lack of management. No upsell.

• Visited July 2012