“Poor customer service..”

Young At Art Museum
Ranked #6 of 42 things to do in Davie
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagination Activation! At YAA, the possibilities are as endless as your imagination. Ride a subway, visit a cave and discover a dig in ArtScapes. STOMP to the rhythm, build sand sculptures and recycled puppets in GreenScapes. Learn about faraway customs in CultureScapes. Explore the world of Alice in WonderScapes. Create a masterpiece in every gallery.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I brought in my 85-year-old mother a few weeks ago, who uses a walker, to see her great grandchildren who were already there playing.
I told them she just wanted to go in for a few minutes. They kept repeating that she had to pay a $10 entrance fee as it was a nonprofit organization...no exceptions.
We have a family membership and they insisted she could not go in, but could wait outside or walk around. REALLY..!! She is on a walker - how far is she going to go alone. You call yourselves "Young at Art", but a business word to the wise...old people have money. She was there because she was going to pay for a birthday party for her great grandchildren and just wanted to take a short walk and see the place So, you lost a family renewal membership, a birthday party, and received a bad review on TripAdvisor....and you did not even get your $10. Hope it was worth it. I blame it on the owners. Your staff carried out your bad business practices just as instructed. Here's a novel business idea - don't charge the elderly for a short visit, they may have deep pockets.

4  Thank Mardele T

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great for little kids, lot's of activities and smartly laid out. Food is little and on the expensive side (had to wait 20 minutes for a smoothie also). Still 5 stars as the museum was lovely.

1  Thank Wimster
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is an amazing place. Its hard to describe. Many areas with various fun things for kids. Very tactile place. Running water with toys floating. Things to crawl inside. Climb up on. Our 2 year old enjoyed the young toddler area but older kids would have even more fun as the little-kids area is a little limited. There is more for 3-11 year olds. When he turns 3 we plan to join for a year. One time visits are a bit pricey but the yearly membership is very reasonable.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went with my 3 year old and he had a blast. The new location is beautiful and well mantained.
It was worth the money. I would defenately go again.

1  Thank andreu-curet
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been a memeber since my 1st son was one year old! This is really a great place for kids of multiple ages! its a different experience each time. IF you live locally and have children I highly recommend the membership, for muliple reasons.
a-you always have a place to take a child regardless of weather
b- its a great place for a parent to let children be children
c-you are supporting a very good cause, the arts
Aside from the musuem, there is a fantastic library attached to it, in which I visit once a week with my two sons 7 & 4 we borrow a wonderful assortment of childrens media, books, DVD's, audio books, and Wii video games FREE
If you have never been there is no reason not to go. This museum caters to every child and every sense. its all hands on...
Pack a lunch and enjoy the courtyard.
Take a picture by the wonderful I LOVE YOU statue landmarked outside
The museum hosts a parents night out and the kids loved it. we parents had a chance to eat with some friends and the kids got to attend a Pajama Party in their honor, pizza, popcorn, crafts and a movie included...they are still talking about it.