I stayed for 10 days from the UK, and generally had a very good stay. The breakfast hostess Michelle is a good laugh and was always cheery and running around during breakfast. The hot food could be better but the pancake machine was a great addition to the experience. The staff are without a doubt a big asset - Mischa at the front desk was really helpful and arranged us shuttles and taxis when we frequently had to go places as we weren't hiring a car. Joe who drove us around a lot was also a great help to us. They took very good care of us overall and the housekeeping staff did a superb job.
The only negatives I have are that I couldn't get connected to the wi-fi on floor 4 for more than 2 minutes at a time on several devices (a tablet and 2 phones) and this was one of the most important aspects of my visit. Luckily, there are 2 PCs downstairs with a printer to use, so I was quite happy with this. The only other thing was the bathroom extractor and hairdryer which didn't work - we asked about this and apparently they had disabled the extractor fan because guests complained about the noise. I hate wet bathrooms and the door got dripping wet when anyone had a shower or bath.
Overall I'd still say I enjoyed my stay and would return if I needed to go back to Davie. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport West was extensively remodeled in July 2011. We are conveniently located to all major local highways including I-595, I-95, I-75 and the Florida Turnpike and close to the Ft. Lauderdale /Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port and the Davie campuses of Nova Southeastern University, Broward Community College, Florida International University and Florida Atlantic University. We offer free shuttle to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and for a nominal fee drop off transportation to the Port Everglades cruise terminal. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant is a new exercise room, business center, and brand new outdoor pool and patio area. This all-suite hotel provides spacious guest rooms with sitting areas, sofa sleepers, mini-refrigerators, microwaves, wet bar sinks, coffee makers and 32in flat-panel HDTVs. For business travelers, this Davie / Plantation, FL hotel provides modern conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in all suites (wired & wireless), spacious work desks, two-line telephones with voice mail and a business center. The Dolphin Meeting Room can accommodate up to 35 people for small meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West Hotel Davie
- Comfort Suites Davie
- Comfort Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport West
- Davie Comfort Suites