“Front Desk Hospitatily Was Like Non Other!!!!! VERY PLEASED”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Davie
New York City, New York
“Front Desk Hospitatily Was Like Non Other!!!!! VERY PLEASED”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had a very long day traveling. It seemed nothing had gone right, from ariving late to miss my flight, to delayed weather pushing my new flight back hours, I was beyond fustrated. Finally I arrive in Fort Lauderdale, and now it was time to find a hotel that was close to the airport because God knows I just wanted to check in and rest..... I started making calls and I was so appauled by how I was greated over the phone, some hotels just answered and put me on hold with out even asking while others just rambled the rates like it was a script they were reading, and than FINALLY I called Holiday Inn Express, I was greated by a very lovely and rather patient woman, by the name of Meesha, I must say, I was very fustrated at this point, she reminded me she was her to assit me and that she will do everything in her power to turn this day around for me.... She went on to give me the rates, which were exrtreamly reasoniable. I opted to secure my room and was praying that the service of the hotel would match Meesha's superior service over the phone. I am very please to say it did. I have since visited this hotel many times since than, as well as given several co workers and bussiness affilates this location in paticulars information due solely on the outstanding service Meesha provided.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank very_pleased05
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Every member of our team truly love their jobs and really enjoy serving our guests in hopes of creating a memorable experience. Thank you for recognizing their efforts especially Meesha's.. They do...because they care. Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Fairfield, Montana
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The continental breakfast was one of the best we have experienced and Michelle was most pleasant. Also, the shuttle drivers (Donald and Robert) made our connections in a timely manner and also were able to advise about eating options in the evening. The room was adequate and the price very comparable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had reservations for 2 rooms, booked a week in advance. We arrived at 9:30 PM, I paid for my room and the couple we were traveling with paid for theirs. After we check in, the desk clerk informs us that one room is on the 2nd floor and the other is on the 5th. And the elevator is out of service! It's been out all day and a part had to be ordered. My wife is handicapped (well, enough so to have a handicap parking permit) and she has great difficulty climbing stairs. Our companions are in their 70's. We had a long day and weren't about to start hunting for another hotel. Our companions had to lug all their luggage up 5 flights of stairs while my wife climbed to the 2nd floor. I understand that mechanical failures can happen, but they had my cell phone number on the reservation. They couldn't call and let us know that there is no elevator? They wait until AFTER we check in and they take our money to inform us that there is no elevator? They refused to discount our room rate and I asked to speak to the manager. "No manager until 8 AM". At 9 AM, still no manager available and the day clerk only offered to add some points to my IHG rewards. Big deal! This is some terrible customer service. I gave this hotel a good review in the past, but after this, I will spend my hotel money elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit, we appreciate the feedback. We are very sorry for the elevator issue, the board that runs the elevator was zapped by an electrical storm. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. We hope you will give us another chance, when you are in our area again.
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

On 12-8-13, we got stuck at Fort Lauderdale international airport due to snow at home. We were happy to get a room! The facility was ok not great. The elevator was not working, so carrying all of our luggage up stairs wasn't fun! The breakfast bar was out of many things such as plates and milk. Given that they got flooded with people the night before they should have been ready. The staff was very unfriendly as well.

Stayed December 2013
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit, we appreciate the feedback. We are very sorry for the elevator issue, the board that runs the elevator was zapped by an electrical storm. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. Warm regards
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Right now my favorite hotel is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites where I am taking a 2-day intensive writing getaway. The suite I booked for less than $120 a night boasts twin queen beds, flat screen TV, a comfortable work station with complimentary wi-fi and wonderful lighting. It's roomy and downright delicious for a writer who has existed in cramped spaces and needs to quickly crank out a whole bunch of work But best of all is the free (to guests) breakfast buffet open from 6-10AM. Naturally, I got here before anyone else and was greeted by Michele, the hotel's legendary Breakfast Hostess. Legendary? Yes, And that's because she's "one of a kind. Loved by many.." and those Michele's own words. This adorable woman greets everyone with a huge smile, provides the best service I've ever seen and cooks all the tasty food herself. Omelettes, pancakes, biscuits and gravy ... all hot and delectable. Looking forward to the rest of my short stay. And thank you to Michele.

Room Tip: Call the hotel desk directly. I went through a service first and was given a much higher rate. I w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Donald C
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We will share your review with Michelle. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Hillside, Illinois
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was wonderful. The room was very spacious (we had a one bedroom suite) and comfortable. Some slight problems with the TV which were fixed immediately after calling the front desk. No major problems with anything in the room. Liked the temperature control in the bedroom which made it very comfortable for sleeping. The location was very convenient with stores and restaurants within a short distance. Great front desk staff - Marc, Patricia, Mischa. Breakfast was great too especially because of Michelle and Monique, both were very pleasant and helpful. Only negative was the elevator was very slow.
We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank buckleshoe16
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we loved having you here! Service is top priority on a daily basis for our staff, Michelle and Monique are a few of our many stars! We certainly would love to have you back here with us! Please contact me directly to book your next stay, we would love to have you!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Michelle is so cheerful and friendly when you enter the breakfast bar. She makes your day. She explained everything on the breakfast bar. She appears to love her job and people.

The bathroom had a smell. Maintenance came and spray, helped a little. Fan in bathroom did not work.

Hotel is in a convenient location just off interstate.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindagoTravel
Thanks for the great comments on our service and Michele.. We will share comments with the her and the staff. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
WoodSpring Suites Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!