“EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
“EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The breakfast was incredible! Michele was our breakfast hostess during our entire stay. She was very professional and kind. The hotel staff was very helpful. The room was clean and well maintained! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Customer Service was 120%. It's been a while since I have seen EVERY staff member going above and beyond to make everyone's stay the best it could be. My room and the hallway was so quiet. Had I not seen all the cars in the parking lot, I would have thought I was the only one there.

Front Desk: Beginning with a nice goodie bag from the pleasant and accommodating Carlos at the front counter. The others at the front desk that helped me during my 4 day stay, that were pleasant, fast and helping me to get some documents copied or faxed or helping me with the computer room: Micha & Lauren. Also Lola and Lewis were very helpful.

Breakfast: First time I've seen a automatic pancake maker. Food was fresh and dinning area very clean and the hostes, Michelle, was so poistive and friendly. I had the omlettes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy were GREAT (and I was born in the south, so I know good buscuits and gravy when I taste it).

Room: SOOOOOOOO clean and comfortable. It was nice to have REGULAR wodden coat hangers that you could move arround. Nice to have a fridge, sink, microwave, living room area table and chairs and bedroom. Plenty of room for me lay all my piles of paperwork. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom extremly clean. Way to go Ransinta and team.

Great team spirit. Everyone was helping each other. They made it look like a fun place to work.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, facing 84 and I never heard any sounds.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Short and sweet, this hotel offers a great bang for the buck! The rooms are very comfortable. Never heard a peep from people in the halls or through the walls. Bed was the best I have ever slept on. Breakfast buffet puts most to total shame. Staff friendly and personable. The only thing I might critique is the exceptionally slow elevator, but that is simply stretching to find something to whine about...lol.

Location was great, just south of I-595....next to the Florida turnpike and 10 minutes to the airport. Gas station just down the road if you have to fill up before returning your rental. Good eats only a few minutes west on University St.

As someone formerly in the hotel industry, all employees should spend a night at this hotel to see how things should be done.

Room Tip: This is a non smoking hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for my sisters wedding and we had a wonderful stay. From Carlos at the front desk to Michele our breakfast hostess. She was very nice, helpful and kept us laughing. She engaged in conversation and made sure everything was fresh and hot for us. One of the best continental breakfast I've ever had. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a wonderful stay from the girls at the front desk to our breakfast hostess, Michele. The room was clean and well appointed. Plenty of towels and wash cloths. The hotel amenities were excellent. We would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I booked this location for easy location to the cruise ports. We stayed here for one night prior to the cruise. We checked in, and the front desk was very nice and considerate. We went up to our room, entered the room, turned on the light. This room had a small refrigerator, sink, (small kitchen area). Lo and behold!! The light we turned on had the roaches on the run. What a deal. We had traveled all day, got in the room and we had this to contend with. I called down to the front desk to report what we had encountered, and asked for a different room. They told me that there wasn't another room available. The parking lot had a lot of empty parking spaces, and it didn't sound right. They sent a maintenance man to spray. Not going to happen. We took our chances with the roaches instead of the smell of spray. We ended up staying, it was too late to leave. Did not spray. We did get a free shuttle to the port the next morning. Normally $9 p/p.

Room Tip: Check rooms before paying.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
LM-Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We arecertainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. We would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

Rest assure that this is taken very seriously and proper measures have been taken to prevent such an incident from happening in the future.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are traveling to Fort Lauderdale again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip was most enjoyable.

Brandon Fragale, General Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

In general, I liked the hotel. However it's name suggests that it is a place for people needing to be close to the airport and is full service in that regard. Unfortunately, I found that not to be true. It took almost an hour and multiple phone calls for me to be picked up at the airport. Then the next morning I found out that the shuttle to the airport doesn't start until 6:30 am. I had an 8am flight and wanted to be at the airport sooner, so I had to pay for a $21 taxi ride!!! Every other Holiday Inn where I have stayed has had excellent, quick shuttle service available starting by 5:30 or earlier!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 486BethH
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear 486BethH,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our deepest apology for the experience you had with our Airport Shuttle service and any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#17 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 793 reviews
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!