WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Key Colony Beach, Florida, United States
“IDEAL LOCATION easy on and off”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel-but it is brand new. We had to pick a location that was easy on and off to 595 for my 90 year old friend to pick me up from. This hotel is right off the highway so the ideal place to stay if you are going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and wanted a reasonable place to stay -away from confusing roads- ( I go on cruises and always arrive the night before-it is confusing to stay in Ft Lauderdale sometimes due to the layout of the city) . It is just outside the city so from a ease of driving and finding the cruise ports standpoint, I would pick this hotel -

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Moline, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

After being on the road 3 days on our way to the Ft Lauderdale area (to board a cruise ship the next day), we stayed at this hotel. Upon check-in, the clerk was warm, professional and welcoming. She commented that I was a Priority Club member and that she would upgrade my room for free. Upon opening the door, we found it was a suite! What a welcome sight. We ended up calling for a pizza to be delivered to the room and enjoyed a bottle of wine (brought by us and our friends) and played cards at the full size table in our room. The room was comfortable and very clean.

Room Tip: Since this was our first visit to the area, I could not recommend a specific room or floor on which...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Vernon, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed two nights here, one at the beginning of our trip to the Bahamas and one night at the end of our trip. This was a great place to stay, just far enough from the airport that you don't hear the planes over head but close enough to get there in a quick 10 minute drive. The shuttle picked us up and returned us to the airport. The shuttle tows a tailor behind for all the luggage, so you don't have to be crammed into the van like a sardine.
The first night our room was perfect!! We had two couples sharing a suite. The beds & pillows were sooo comfortable!! Bathroom was very clean and plenty of towels for two couples. Wish we had gotten this same room the second night. The only minor negative point was the bathroom the second night. The toilet didn't flush properly and the sink didn't drain quickly.
We were very pleased with the 24 hour coffee station and helped ourselves to a late night snack of yogurt & milk. Staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We booked this Holiday Inn Express for a post cruise stay for the shuttle from the cruise port, proximity to the airport, reasonable price and free breakfast.
The young woman at the front desk was friendly, efficient and personable, letting us store our luggage while we explored Fort Lauderdale.
When we checked in, the room surprisingly didn't measure up to the Holiday Inn standards we have become accustomed to.
The sheets looked grey, the curtains needed a good ironing, there were hairs in the sink- it looked like someone had shaved before our arrival and it hadn't been cleaned, and there were several ants crawling on the bedside table.
The bed was very comfortable. The room was equipped with a fridge and microwave.
Breakfast was filling and plentiful-no fruit.
The other downside was that there are no restaurants near by. The Waffle House next door is the only restaurant within walking distance and that was a real experience!
There is a Publix grocery story and a few convenience stores within walking distance.
We had stayed at another HIE near the cruiseport the previous week which was considerably nicer so this room was a disappointment.
I don't think this will stop us from staying at another HIE, but we sure wouldn't recommend this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear auntiebea,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am delighted you appreciated the service provided by our front desk staff. My apologies for falling short of your expectations with your room accommodation, breakfast and the neighborhood. We will use your comments to improve our efforts. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked here for our pre-cruise stay and was very happy I did. We were a family of 6 "4 adults and a 16 & 17 year old" and had plenty of room. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The gym was clean and the machines worked just fine. Free hot breakfast to fill your tummy. The receptionist was very helpful and polite. The free shuttle from the airport was an added bonus and they picked us up at 12:15 am with no problems. Thank you Holiday Inn Express for making our trip stress free!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Thank you, is all i have to say my stay was a 10, the staff, general manager, also even the housekeepers and a very friendly gentlemen luis who help us me and my wife in all our needs were excellent the only thing, the hotel was far from the cruise port but there is nothing they can do about i guess this is not a cruise port location hotel, other than that shuttle was $8 which is cheap than a taxi i really enjoyed my stay. see you next year holiday inn.

Rodrigo

• Stayed February 2013
Nuremberg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

here are the issues why the stay at this hotel was my worst HIE experience so far:

- our guaranteed reservation for 2 queen bed room was downgraded to a king bed room with sofa; front desk was not able to give us the reserved 2 queen bed room because they were all occupied by other guests; we were told that one of use can sleep on the sofa if we want 2 beds!
- for neglecting our reservation I was promised to receive 5000 points to my priority club account wihin 2 business days which did not happen (only after 2 weeks when I addressed this again to the manager)
- room smelled very sticky
- no bananas or apples at breakfast room which is standard at any other HIE I have stayed so far; we asked for bananas and were told that they are delivered during the afternoon; next morning the same; when I stayed there 2 weeks later the same procedure of telling that they will be delivered during the day, but there were no bananas or apples in the following 4 days
- box with toast bread in breakfast room was empty when I wanted a slice; I told service and it took more than 15 minutes until it was filled again!
- service in breakfast room did not recognize that orange juice was empty despite guests complianed about poor taste; I had to tell service to replace orange juice box.
- I informed front desk that ice machine is defect on our floor and also the foor below; I was promised that this will be repaired during the day; this did not happen, and when I stayed there again 2 weeks later the two ice machines were still defect
- air condition fan speed regulation and shut off did not work in our room; I informed front desk and was promised that this will be repaired during the day; nothing happend;

summary: solution commitments for different addressed issues were hold (manager was not present when we addressed the issues);
it would have been much better and frank to tell that it is not the policy of this hotel to provide bananas (or apples) in breakfast room and to repair reported defects (or to respect guaranteed reservations)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank rain_man2011
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear rain_man2011,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, FL. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 134 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!