Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Davie
British Virgin Islands
“Very nice stay!”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I won this hotel on Priceline for two rooms for four nights. I was worried after reading the review with bedbugs. Check in was a breeze, and the receptionist very helpful. Both rooms were identical, with small fridge, microwave, sitting area, separated by a small wall from the king bed.

The room was immaculate! I checked the bedding, under the bed, bathroom, and closet. Perfectly clean.

The complimentary breakfast was appreciated, and the coffee was delicious. The breakfast area was very clean too.

I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. Ruby Tuesday's is a couple of minutes walk away, and has a nice bar, and the food was good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed here for one night, Dec. 11, 2011. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and had lovely landscaping. The room was large and very quiet, and I heard no outside noise even though the hotel os only a few hundred yards from the Interstate (another plus!). The complementary breakfast was fine, with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, sweet rolls, pancakes, bagels, assorted fruits, etc. Staff was friendly and check in and check out very quick. Definately will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rdrunnr
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed November 18, 2011

As I walk into my room after checking in, I noticed a funny smell that felt out of place. Sort of dampy and musty, but your sense of smell adjusted so it was no big deal. I really appreciate all the shuttle drivers and front desk employees that made my experience enjoyable at this Holiday Inn. Unfortunately, I woke up the next morning with numerous bits that swelled up and itched like no other. At first I thought it could be the mosquitos...but the room was insulated with the a/c on the whole time. Unless there's an army of spiders or ants that was crawling in my bed, I figured it is got to be bedbugs. After checking out, I informed the staff about my room on the 4th floor and called customer service to let them know. They said I should be expecting a call from the manager, that never came. In conclusion, if you like bedbugs come to this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
HIManagement84, Management Company at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Hello Brian W, thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us through Trip Advisor. We felt terrible to hear about your bits. After our staff heard about your claim of bed bugs, we immediately put your room out of service and called our pest control company. They responded immediately. They completed an intensive evaluation of the entire room from top down. They did not find any type of bed bugs, or any other insects in your room. A copy of the report was sent to our customer service department at headquarters. We are very sorry that this happened to you. Our housekeeping staff is trained to look for this type of activity, while they are cleaning their rooms and these rooms are thoroughly inspected by management.
Thank you for staying with us, and please be our guest again.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have been booking this hotel for the last 4 months, a week each time. Everytime the people get to the hotel, they NEVER have my Credit Card info nor authorization, nor my Tax-Exempt Certificate. When I called to get the refund for taxes, they girl in the front desk said, the General Manager is the one who does that; she transfers me; I guy with a particular voice says: "this is Justin". I ask him if he is the General Manager, he says he's not, and hang up the phone. I called again, and I explain to the girl that I got disconnected, when she transfers me to the GM voicemail... His name is Justin with the same particular voice.... How unprofessional is that?? I left two message, never heard from him. I call back the hotel a third time, he is not available again. I ask for the Corporate Office, the girls says, they are not allowed to give that number away. The nerve? Like if I couldn't find it in the internet???

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank ainat S
HIManagement84, Corporate Office at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Ainat S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take matters such us the one you described very seriously here, and I am very sorry that this happened to you. Can you please contact me at walter.lowenberg@luckeysmanage.com, so that we can further discuss your situation when you visit our hotel, and correct it from happening in the future. I will wait to hear from you. Have a nice holiday and again, I am sorry.
Wacissa, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My co-worker and I were assigned rooms on the third floor, and we noticed a musty, mildewy smell as soon as the (SLOW) elevator doors opened. It wasn't until I opened the room door when the stench really hit. Fortunately there was a hotel staff member nearby. He confirmed that the carpet was damp, and there had been obvious flooding in and around this room.
No problem; we were moved to rooms on another floor. This room was fine, except for a broken toilet seat and no sheets, blanket or pillows for the sleeper sofa. Again, the friendly and professional staff provided these items.
We had our Board Meeting the next day in the hotel's Dolphin Room. I had called earlier to confirm that there was a phone available. Turns out it was only a direct line to the front desk, which caused us to scrap our group's conference call.
On a positive note, there was a nice, although small pool and patio area, housekeeping was excellent and their free breakfast was above-average. The location is very convenient to South Florida beaches and attractions, Port Everglades, and the FLL Airport. The hotel's shuttle service was a bonus.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor until they fix they fix the water damage.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark-nole
HIManagement84, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Mark-nole, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We value your feedback and experience with us. We take pride in the look and feel of our hotel. The issues shared with us have been addressed and we hope you will consider this an isolated incident.
We hope to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Warm regards...
Philadelphia, Pa.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

In August of 2011 we had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express. The assistant manager, Keisha, was awesome! Our son was checking out Nova Southwestern University, and the hotel was the closest, and provided free shuttle service to the campus. Keisha was informative, pleasant, and went above-board to ensure that we knew everything we needed to navigate the area. She even got us transportation to Orlando on the last day of our stay. The room was nice and clean, and there were many restaurants within a couple of blocks.
I must say that the housekeeping staff was a bit rude. Also, one of the drivers that operated the shuttle from the hotel to the university campus was rude, and often got lost when it came time to pick us up for the return trip to the hotel. However, Keisha was so gracious, that we would certainly stay at this hotel again. (Also, the complimentary breakfast was yummy!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank andraeus
Virgin Gorda
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have not had such courtesy and good customer service in a very long time. This hotel staff, from the Shuttle Driver to the Front Dexk Staff are amazing. I was pleasantly amazed by such excellent customer service. I am a very frequent traveler and had just come from London and overnighted in this amazing hotel on my way to the Virgin Islands. During that trip I stayed in 4 hotels, 2 in London, 2 in Florida and I know I will never return to the first one in Florida, but I know now that I have a home away from home in this Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Davie Fl.

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanness of the surrounding, the room, the courtesy and pleasantness of the staff. It was so welcoming, they took my breadth away. I will definitely return again and again and all my friends and those reading this should really get the experience. It's a small hotel with a Very Big Heart for customer service. It is one of it's kind in it's category.

Room Tip: Ideal location, near the hotel and good shuttle service
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank VirginJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
WoodSpring Suites Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!