“a good hotel, but some traffic noise.”

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The hotel room looks good and the staff are very nice. But there is some traffic noise from the way in front of the hotel, which made me to have poor sleep at night. The lobby is too small, and for the breakfeast, there are only some cakes, cookies fruit and drinks put in a small counter. No space for us to sit down for breakfeast. So I have to take the breakfeast back to the room and sit down to eat. That's not good.

The hotel is too far from the Miami Internation Airport. This is not convenienent for the visitors from Miami International Airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our staff during your stay. Still, I sincerely apologize that you experienced noise disturbance from the nearby traffic. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you again for your comments. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ptn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Easy walking distance to affordable good places to eat, shop, or just take a nice stroll. Excellent friendly staff. Room clean, perfectly furnished w/ kitchen ware and appliances. Great coffee in the AM with good basic breakfast: fresh fruit, granola bars, oatmeal. Clean convenient laundry facility. Honestly cannot think of anything needing improvement here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank STJAJJ
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff during your visit. As well, it's great to hear that your clean room, your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast met your travel needs. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your comments. It would be our pleasure to have you repeat your experience with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

If you like truck stops, you will love this place. Highlights include fights outside of your room window and large trucks coming and going throughout the night, including a lot of backing up beep beeps. The staff was very nice, so that helped.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The staff's attitude was very poor, they do not know how to speak with people, and they do not look at you when they speak. My stay was noisy due to construction in the room next door, and I was not notified prior, and looked at with disdain when I made a report. The fact that you have a one (1) time room cleaning only if you stay over 8 nights, and you have to schedule that cleaning. Also, if you need cleaning anytime if you stay less than 8 days you have to pay for that cleaning. Crazy!!! What is a working vacation if you have to clean your own room, walk to the front desk to get fresh towels. I had to buy stuff to clean the toilet. I have stayed in hotels in rural locations and never seen such crazy policies. The location was extremely difficult to find, and if they say it is near to a Costco, then you might be able to find it where it is tucked away near to the highway. They do not put out enough food for the grab & go breakfast, and when you ask they say what they have is for the next day, or/and they argue with you about it, instead of just giving you the item you ask for, or telling you to get there early, If everyone gets there early, then you would still have the problem of food shortage if you ration the food. Staff attitude is bad. I simply do not recommend this location, unless you leave home to clean your own hotel room.

Room Tip: I do not have any helpful tips as I was not offered another room, and did not check on anything else...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christine H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Christine - Thank you for your review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your comments will be useful as we continue to work toward improving our customer service. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. We are working to ensure that our breakfast is properly stocked between 6:30am and 9:30am.

Again, thank you for your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night. Here is why it got only one star:

1. Carpets were filthy. Thank goodness I usually pack flip-flops when traveling, and in this case they were useful as shower shoes. This turned out to be very helpful for hygiene purposes at this hotel, because when I step my flip-flops from the carpeted part of the room into the shower, the dirt they had picked up from the carpet was readily transferred to the bathtub. The amount of dirt that was transferred suggested that the carpet had not been vacuumed in quite some time.

2. Similar story with the refrigerator. There were food particles encrusting the area around the refrigerator handle that was highly visible and should have been cleaned.

3. The staff were neither friendly nor polite. One could sense that they hate working here. Not sure if this is related to what we saw when we entered our room the first time: the bed, though made, was rumpled in the center, making it look as though someone had decided to take a nap there or had sat on the bed and watched TV before we arrived to occupy the room.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the carpet and refrigerator in your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Customer service is one of our top priorities, and I will be sure to speak with our staff regarding your remarks.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Room had a strong musty odor.there were blood stains on bathroom walls, black mold all over bathroom ceiling, toilet, counters everywhere and tile were filthy. Carpet not vacuumed, towels and sheets were crusty. Door had evidence it had been busted through since the security lick on side of door was barely hanging on. Wifi did not work and front desk was of no help.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Not fancy, but had everything I needed for visiting fam over the holidays. Spacious, affordable, hot water, mostly quiet, safe. No bells and whistles but as long as the air conditioning and hot water works, and the internet is good, i am good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. It is great to hear that you found your room to be spacious, quiet and safe. As well, I am glad that the air conditioning, hot water and free Wi-Fi met your satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
WoodSpring Suites Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!