“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Alabama
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

You cannot beat the price of Homestead for what you get in Ft. Lauderdale.

I've stayed here both times I've been down to this area (in the last year) and I plan to stay here again my next trip. For some context, I travel for extended weekends a few times a year at a nearby university.

I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean and affordable place to stay. The rooms have everything you need for a short or long stay, including: a full kitchen and free wi-fi. The location is even within walking distance of a Cotsco.

The noise got a little loud at night on the weekend, but that's my only major complaint.

The only other issue I had was there was some confusion about the room rate I had reserved online a few months in advance, but I had a copy of my reservation receipt and everything was quickly sorted out in my favor.

I hope this review helps someone out that plans on traveling to Ft. Lauderdale in the future.

Room Tip: Out of my two stays, the second floor seemed to be quieter at night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I would like to personally Thank you for providing such wonderful comments about your stay at the Homestead Studio Suites in Ft. Lauderdale Plantation. Our hotels are committed to providing the best stay and the best customer service you won’t find anywhere else. I take great pride in knowing that we are far exceeding our customers’ expectations and I am very pleased to hear that your stay was exceptional. Please let us know when you will return to the area, we’d love to see you here again. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed in building 300. The other buildings must be better judging by the good reviews, because I don't see it here. Entered the room on a 60 degree night to find the air conditioner cranked down and the room in the fifties, probably to mask the smell of mold. Didn't work cause the room smelled badly. I can live with the old tv, but the beds are worn out. Almost afraid of what I can't see in them. The towels are small and worn out. The shower curtain is moldy, how hard would that be to clean. The counter to eat at was sticky. I tried to clean it and the paint came off. The kitchen counter with the sink and stove is swollen and coming apart. The toilet is dirty and won't stop running. The tub is rusty but appears to be clean. The walls and floors are dirty. Wipe you feet before you leave. The cabinets are falling apart. A better maintenance program and this would be worth the money. The location is good and the price range fit my budget. I expect a clean room and clean bed though.

Room Tip: Avoid the 300 building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Davie hotels

Orangeville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spend 10 days at this hotel for a business seminar. I liked the fact that it had a kitchenett(fridge and stove top) it saved a bit of money by cooking a few meals. BUT...they only clean the room once every 7 days....so the floor got dirty pretty quick, and with the humidity the sheets need to be changed more often, but you can go to the main office and get fresh towels and toilet paper. they also have a laundry mat. It wasn't a bad place, but if Im paying $100 bucks a night and I have to do everything my self...not too impressed. For $70 - $80 per night I would have been more than happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaGillard
Melbourne Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Alexandra was an exceptionally kind and patient front desk receptionist. I often get frazzled and stressed by traffic and the hustle and bustle when I travel to large metropolitan areas, but Alexandra was so nice and helpful that I felt like I was in quiet and cozy small town America. I had seen this hotel classified in the lower or moderate price range, so I thought it would be in a bad neighborhood or else be in bad shape. But the neighborhood seemed nice and safe, and was conveniently located close to the interstate, major stores and colleges. The hotel, room, and grounds were immaculate. There was plenty of parking and my room had a pleasant kitchen area....nice hotel at a nice price!

Room Tip: I presume I was in the basic or standard room, and it was fine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FoodFanatix
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is one of the best places I have ever stayed in. Clean, close to the stores and great eating faclities ( excellent location) and on top of that the price was too good to be true. The staff is outstanding. The general manager Shemika Turner is by far one of the best managers I have ever had the experince of speaking with. She made sure that my room and anything else I needed, was handled quickly nad proffesionally. This is the place for me. I will tell everyone I know who may be visiting in the Miami area to please make sure they get loggings with this hotel. I loved it, I did not want to leave,

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. No matter where you happen to be.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Traveled to this property for 4 nights in Dec 2012. I traveled for business, but took the family along so they could visit with family while I worked. We chose this hotel due to location and price. I was on a limited budget since my company was paying for the hotel. Due to the timing (right after Christmas) many hotels were higher priced. The recent reviews made it sound decent, so we gave it a try. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to I-595/Turnpike and lots of restaurants. Unfortunately, the hotel is in need of some renovations. Traveling with little kids involves a lot of "stuff" to be brought along. After unloading everything, we found that the door would not lock from the outside (room 301). Unacceptable. I went back to the office and was assigned to a new room. Both rooms had that "cheap motel trying to cover up a former smoking room" smell. The smell was bearable, but definitely noticable. The carpet was heavily worn and needed replacing. The beds were hard and each bed only offered two, thin pillows. The Kitchen area was fine, fridge and microwave worked well but we didn't use the stove top. The "kitchen table/counter" was a little sticky. The bathroom was fine, although the shower had some rust stains and mildew on the ceiling. The TV is still an old CRT style. The kids would have really like to have the Disney Channel available. The "Fitness Center" is actually access to the LA Fitness Center, about a mile or so away.

Overall this place has potential if they would complete a major refreshing project. I wouldn't re-book there until they did so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Miramar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is very close to the Airport and Cruise Port. University Drive, a major artery is 1/4 mile, major malls, shopping strips, supermarkets, and many eateries are within a 5 minute drive. Fort Lauderdale Beach is a 10 minute drive.
I have stayed here fifteen times in the last year, you can't beat the value on the rates.
The rooms are always clean, appliances are always in working order, there are pots and pans and enough cutlery for two.
Staff is outstanding and bend over backwards to please you, if there is anything amiss they will correct it within one hour

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like yourself who has stayed many times and always satisfied. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company's motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; We hope to see you again for the sixtieth time around..

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
WoodSpring Suites Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!