“Neighborhood Sub Shop” 3 of 5 bubbles

Description: located in Old Town across from Nova Elementary
Fort Lauderdale
“Neighborhood Sub Shop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was kind of excited to go to Davie Subs; the idea of the small local family owned joint that doesn't have much of an appeal on the outside but is a treasure on the inside. Although it did not turn out to be the treasure I wanted it to be, I can say that it is definitely a family restaurant that the owners take great pride in. As you enter the door, you feel at home and they work to ensure customer satisfaction, which is probably the reason they have been in business for over 30 years. The restaurant itself is very quaint, but they do have a few booths where you can sit and enjoy a comfortable meal.

They have a really big menu with lots of options to choose from. I always have trouble making up my mind so it was a bit of a distraction for me, but I did manage to choose something and being the biggest lover of Thai food, I selected the Roast Beef Thai Wrap. I must add that the Roast Beef Thai Wrap was apart of their Boars Head menu. Apparently, they are the only sub shop in Davie that sells the Boar's Head Brand. The Roast Beef Thai Wrap was good but nothing special. It had a little too much peanut sauce and I didn't appreciate the cold refrigerated meat in the sandwich. I don't know if it was because I was expecting something more but I didn't feel like Davie Subs offered me something more than what I could find at any other sub shop, dear I say like Subway. If I went to school in the area (Broward College is next door) or lived or worked in the area, it is worth coming for a quick and affordable lunch, but since none of the above apply to me, sadly, I probably will never be back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

florida
“Best Subs in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

This family owned sub shop has been making great Boars Head subs for years. They have terrific Roast Beef, Turkeys, Hams, Cheeses, Great Philly Cheese Steaks, hot and cold subs, they can even make you a veggie sub with portobellow mushrooms. Sides, - they have a dry frying machine that makes fries, onion rings, mushrooms, seafood platters, nothing greasy!!!! They can also make you frozen coffee and fruit smoothies and have that tiny frozen ice cream balls in various flavors. Very nice owner and staff, always welcoming. And the prices are good!

• Visited March 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best cheese steaks and tuna subs around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very nice family owned place to have lunch! While you are there look around because all the Miami Dolphins eat there after workouts.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Nash111
Memphis, Tennessee
“Grimey, Dirty, Filthy, just gross.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Have driven past this place dozens of times since it opened. Have debated about going there for lunch. The place claims to use "Boars Head" products. Finally gave in and decided to give it a try. OMG, what a mistake...... The kids working there are slow, lazy, and act as if you are interrupting them. The place has not been cleaned in years, there is old greasy film on all the walls that has black crud over it. The floors are red brick but are so dirty they are black, the tables are in the same array. It was too late after noticing all this filth, because we already ordered. The section of counter they were using appeared clean. Ordered a kids meal for my son and the place did not have any "kids" cups so the owner (who just came in) told me for a 1.00 I could buy a regular size cup. He then joked, "its only a dollar more" I did pay it since my son was thirsty..... but normally.....
So in short, I will never go to this nasty place again, please save your money and go to the sandwich place south of Nova Dr. on the west side of the street - you wont be disappointed. Oh, for the food at this place, it was "just a sandwich".....nothing special and nothing worth mentioning......

• Visited April 2011