“Big tasty burrito, decent service and price..good spot for lunch”
Review of Tijuana Taxi Co.

Tijuana Taxi Co.
Ranked #6 of 262 Restaurants in Davie
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Miami, Florida
“Big tasty burrito, decent service and price..good spot for lunch”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I went Tijuana Taxi Co. for lunch with a friend and left satisfied with my experience. The Hacienda was above average in taste and very filling. The waitress was helpful in helping me make a decision between burritos. She was quick to refill our drinks and was attentive, but not obtrusive. Price seemed $2 to high for a burrito that it made think twice about ordering something else, but it wasn't enough to deter me. Ambiance and noise was okay...it's supposed to resemble a mexican dive bar, but it feels like you are stepping onto a set of "The Office" while they're filming a company lunch scene. To me it didn't add or take away from the place. Waitress wear shorts and tank tops and sports is on tv and it feels like anywhere else. But it's definitely worth coming back for another burrito.

• Visited February 2012

Davie, Florida
“Great Margaritas!”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This place is known for its BIG size margaritas. Very good food too.

Hialeah Gardens, Florida
“Great place to hang out”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This restaurant is a great place to go have a few drinks, eat a good meal and hang out with your friends and family. They have a margarita thats so big you can drown in it!..they are delicious! The fajitas are the best in town, the meat is so tender it melts in your mouth!.
The service is very good, they are very friendly there...l highly recommend this place.

“Good food reasonably priced. Great...”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Good food reasonably priced. Great atmosphere and service. This is not Mexican, the dishes are Americanized but very tasty. Fun place and not too noisy even though the place was packed.
This is a new favorite for us, we'll be back.

Davie, FL
“Safe Food Practices need to be taken seriously - Next time, Take Home the Evidence!”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My daughter & I visited Tijuana Taxi Co., Davie, FL tonight, 8/20/10, 6:30pm, & got more than we asked for.
We ordered two dishes: Beef Taco Platter & Shredded Beef Enchilada.
After completing almost half of our meals, my daughter discovered a "Large, ant-like insect" in her rice. It had to be at least 5/8" long, & light brown in color.
I immediately notified Mike (Assistant Mgr.) & he wisked the plate away & came back to ask us if we would like something else. Of course we didn't want anything else.
I then spoke to Barry, the Manager on Duty & Managing Partner, who began his investigation, coming back to our table offering to "comp" my daughter's meal.
When I indicated that I didn't believe we should have to pay for either meal (we never finished our meals), Barry immediately blasted out in an exclamation "Then I'll have to call the cops!"
I then asked him what his proper ethical action should be under the circumstances? He ignored my question & repeated his threat to call the police.
I paid the check, to avoid a open confrontation, but indicted to Barry that I will contact the Broward Board of Health, The State Attorney Generals Office, & the Better Business Bureau, regarding the issue & the way in which it was mis-managed.
Unfortunately, my only tangible evidence will have to be my receipt, which indicates that my daughter's meal was "comped."
If I ever find myself in a similar predicament again, I'll wrap the insect in a napkin, take the evidence home, & finally present it to the Broward Board of Health.
My only other action, other than noted above, will be to tell everyone I know about the incident (in order to hopefully help my friends, family, & the public-at-large, from suffering the same fate, to avoid sickness & a possible hospitalization) & never to go back to the restaurant.
Barry, the managing partner, needs to be fined for the occurance, sent to a Safe Food Handling Practices Program for Certification, & be required to have his kitchen staff formally educated as well.

6 Thank DavefromDavie