“"Extraordinary Customer Service"”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
North Palm Beach, Florida
“"Extraordinary Customer Service"”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Though I personally didn't have the opportunity to stay at this hotel, my husband did. Upon arriving at home, he realized that he had forgotten his phone charger in the hotel room in which he stayed. Because he was immediately leaving for another business trip, I took on the challenge of trying to retrieve it. I called the Hampton Inn and spoke with Erika, the acting general manager. She was quite accomodating in trying to locate the charger for me...speaking to maid service & even going up to the room personally to look for it herself. Unfortunately it was not found. She discussed the issue with Hemant, the owner of the hotel who as well, felt badly that it was not found. He offered to send us his own personal phone charger to replace the one that was not found....and he did!!! I couln't believe it. As the saying goes..."the difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little 'extra'." This is a fine example of "extraordinary" service. " Well done, Hampton Inn of Davenport...well done!!!"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
hemant n, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
It was a pleasure having your husband stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful response and kind words for myself and my AGM Erika. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We love hearing the feedback from our guests so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved. Your inspiring comments have been passed on to Erika. If you or your husband are in are area we would love to have you as our guests' again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here overnight as we had friends visiting from the UK so we only needed somewhere to lay our heads for the night. On arrival we found out that the hotel was fully booked so we thought that might be a good sign.
The room could definitely have done with a good airing as it was so musty smelling that we went and got ourselves so febreeze, then later the house keeping were spraying something outsode in the corridors that made it a bit more tolerable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
hemant n, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I am sorry you experienced and issue with your stay. We would like to have you come back and stay with us again, and give us an opportunity to make it right. We want you to feel like the cherished guests’ you are. Thank you for the response. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We love hearing the feedback from our guests so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved.
Toronto canada, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Place looks really great if you dont mind the tables in ur room are never wiped down, My first day there were small micro mini bugs on the desk and night stand, whenever u turn on and off the lights but I thought because i'm in orida maybe due to the warm weather all the time that was customs, I found out that other rooms where also infested with bugs, not sure if they were ants or not Breakfast give u waffles, cerials, yogurt, bagals, cream of wheat, muffins, cream chesse, toast, ect, fruit salad everyday, instead of fresh fruits Hot meals fake scrabbled eggs every single day, sauages, bacon, french toast, chessy omlettte Staff R friendly :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Clarksburg, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Customer services were great during our stay at Orlando. Kids enjoyed the pool. Pool was very clean and well maintained. Price of the hotel is great. I would highly recommended to families and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hemant n, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful trip advisor. We strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.
Glasgow
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on the 27th of June 2013 whilst waiting to get into our rental home for the next 3 weeks and to be honest we would have easily stayed at the Hampton for the whole holiday.We arrived in the evening around 7pm and were lucky to get a room as its peak season. Jeremy who was at reception greeted me warmly and happily let me check the room before I booked. The room was spacious,well equipped and very clean.It was more like a suite with a seperate table and chairs,fridge,microwave,coffee maker,free internet etc etc.They even offer a hot breakfast included in the room rate. We landed lucky with the rate too as our total bill for a family of 4 was under $90 ! I would have no hesitation staying here again,by the way they also have an outdoor pool ! Thanks again to Jeremy and the rest of the very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful trip advisor. I will pass your kind words on to Jeremy. He is one of the many "shining stars" we have at this property. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.
Sarasota
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Clean room. Comfortable bed and pillows. Friendly staff. I stayed here while I went to a 4 day convention at the Omni (couldn't afford those prices). The first three days the place was easy to find parking and the breakfast area was welcoming. My last night I had a hard time to find safe parking under a light close enough to hotel door. The next/final morning the maid decided to knock on my door at 9:00 am just to tell me she would come back later. Check out is at 11:00 am, didn't appreciate the "wake up" knock. Also, there were so many people in the breakfast area you couldn't find a vacant seat. Seemed to be more people eating breakfast and/or staying at the hotel then rooms. Have a feeling outsiders were invited in for the free breakfast. Maybe a breakfast pass and parking pass should be considered to avoid these issues for the real guests of the hotel. Would I stay here again? - Absolutely. The room, which is the most important part for me, was again, clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry you experienced and issue with your stay. We would love to have you come back and stay with us again. During the time you stayed with us we had a very large group in house and all of our rooms were sold out. Thank you for the nice response about the comfort of your room. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We love hearing the feedback from our guests so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved.
Lake Placid, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This property is maintained and cared for in the manner one would hope it was. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. The pool was definitely over sized and very inviting. Breakfast was inviting and with a bit of change each morning. Front desk personnel, including the general manager were delightful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the wonderful trip advisor. I will pass your kind words on to our staff. They are the many "shining stars" we have at this property. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#7 of 14 in Davenport

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South? Share your experiences!