“Good place to stay”

Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Davenport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The lobby is nasty. The wallpaper is shreddng off almost all the walls an the carpet was stained and needs replacing. The room itself was clean and nice. Security a scary thought, in a shady area. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sondra G
hemant n, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am sorry you experienced and issue with your stay. We would like to have you come back and stay with us again, and give us an opportunity to make it right. Since your last visit we have finished our extensive renovations and would love for you to come back and see our new beautiful lobby and the other wonderful changes we have made.We want you to feel like the cherished guests’ you are and we take our guests opinions to the highest level of consideration. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible and we love hearing the feedback so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved. Thank you for the response.
Burkesville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton has been like a holiday for all of us. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our small dog travels with us and he was welcomed, not just tolerated which is very important to us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful response. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice quite hotel, convenient location. The staff was friendly and the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. I had breakfast each morning and it was hot and tasty.
I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful response. I will pass your kind words on to the staff. They are the "shining stars" we have at this property. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our hot breakfast. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 14, 2013

As a Diamond member, I took advantage of Hhonors' "Any Weekend
Anywhere" prepaid rate during the recent flash sale. I prepaid two
nights during the applicable promotion, and was supposed
to received 5,000 bonus points plus double stay credit (2.) I reserved
the Hampton Inn at 44117 Hwy 27 Davenport FL 33897 from Jauary 26-28
2013.

Upon arrival, I was told they called me which was strange as I never
received a call. They told the person who answered the phone (a male
and very obviously not me) that they were going to give me a room
upgrade. What's wrong? They gave my entire stay information to an
individual who had no business knowing my travel plans, where I was
staying, and my location. He did not know, nor was he supposed to
know, my location, nor that I was in Florida. However, Hampton Inn
happily divulged all of my confidential information and invoked a
security/privacy threat. The front desk agent who made the call (no name tag) argued with me and insisted it was ok because she was going to 'give me an upgrade.")

I escalated this Hampton-imposed privacy threat and spoke to a manager
who also was not wearing a name tag and refused to give me his name.
He thought there was nothing wrong and did not sympathize nor
empathize with the security and privacy violation. He thought it was
fine that his employee gave out all of my private information. He
finally huffed at me, "What do you want me to do about it?" I was not
expecting to be put on the spot for a privacy and security violation
when I walked into the Hampton as a Diamond member. He said he would
make it so no one would know I was at the hotel and changed my name to
"Hotel Hotel" so it would appear I was not registered.

However, the permanent damage was done. I asked for a copy of
Hilton/Hampton/Hhonors Privacy Policy and he refused me. He then told
me it is illegal to sue Hampton Inn, Hilton, and Hhonors. I certainly
hope Hilton/Hampton /Hhonors is licensed in thge state of Florida to
give legal advice,and am checking on that. After all, they would do
anything such as give legal advice without a license, would
they?

I did ask if I would receive full Diamond Hhonors credit with the name
change and he said, "Yes."

Instead of a relaxing weekend stay, I was beseiged with phone calls
from the person to whom Hampton gave my full information. In short,
because of this phone call, I have lost my home and must move and find
a new place to live.

The damage they did to me is extraordinary and outgrageous!

As a final insult, manager lied to me and I received no points and no stay credits and won't answer me.

It would be terrific if Hhonors had an ounce of privacy andf security for the guests who pay to stay there. The reason for my trip was mine alone, private and confidential, and no one else's business.

Just wanted Tripadvisors to know this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Elizabeth R
hemant n, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
I am sorry you experienced and issue with your stay. Since your previous stay we have finished renovations and would love for you to see all the new wonderful changes we have made. We want you to feel like the cherished guest you are. I am very sorry for the issues you had and know they have been addressed. Thank you for the response. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We love hearing the feedback from our guests so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved. Thank you again for making us aware of the situation.
San Jacinto, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just returned from a 2 week vacation in Orlando. We stayed at various hotels and resorts and this one had the most comfortable beds. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. Breakfast choices were good with lots of food options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful response. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our hot breakfast and comfortable beds. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family had a wonderful stay at The Hampton Inn in Davenport! The hotel is only 15 minutes from Disney and is close to the interstate. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

My only complaint was that the wireless internet was very slow.

We will definitly stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful response. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We love hearing the feedback from our guests so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved. Your kind words have been passed on to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#8 of 14 in Davenport

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South? Share your experiences!