“Staff really trying”

Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This hotel caters to Disney - lots of unsupervised kids and if you are on business and need your rest - not the place for you, I got a call at 1:00 AM and the kid hung up with giggles, what is a kid doing up at that hour?? - towels are a dingy grey NOT white as they should be, breakfast compared to other hamptons is dismal - eggs like gravel made from what I have no idea, in short this hotel is cutting corners and for reasons I can not fathom as they seem to be doing well - the hotel seemed full. The one bright shinning star were the staff, they really seem to be working hard to make things work but even they had to comment on the fact that they have tried to get the owner to upgrade the breakfast.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank fireman452
hemant n, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

I am sorry you experienced and issue with your stay. We would like to have you come back and stay with us again, and give us an opportunity to make it right. We want you to feel like the cherished guest you are. Thank you for the response. We don’t necessarily cater to Disney travelers specifically; however we do get a lot of overflow from the Disney properties that sell out in Orlando. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We love hearing the feedback from our guests so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved. Thank you again for your heart felt response.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed this weekend for one night, also for Disney. No problems. Room was comfortable and clean. Kids really liked it. Hotel was easy to find. Breakfast was great, one complaint was no eggs! (we really like eggs). We arrived late Friday night, desk staff was very friendly & helpful with check-in, Saturday am staff also friendly & helpful with check-out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank derek h

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful response. I will pass your kind words on to the staff. They are the "shining stars" we have at this property. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I went quick weekend trip to Disney and opted to stay at this Hampton Inn to save $20 compared to the Hampton Inn right next to Disney. The service was just as wonderful! Dee Dee at the front desk was more then accommodating. She had tons of information on the local area and things to do, tips for getting around and such.

The room itself was nice, no problems with the microwave, fridge, television, beds, bathroom amenities... There were 5 settings to the air conditioning unit. Something like "High Heat, Low Heat, Fan, Low Air, and High Air." When we turned the knob to "Low Air or High Air", it did nothing. It didn't really bother us because it was a pleasant temperature in the room already. We realized later that the air conditioning unit would kick on and off to keep the room at that pleasant temperature, so we understood why it "didn't work." :-)

Love the selection at the complimentary breakfast and the free tea, coffee and hot chocolate 24/7. The only downside to the breakfast was the lack of the Mickey-shaped waffle iron we had grown accustomed to at the other Hampton. The waffle was just as tasty though. :-)

If you're visit the Disney parks, this hotel is a great choice. It's not a far drive and super easy to get to. You can see it from the interstate before you exit so you know you're heading the right way.

My only quip was the road entering the hotel is a little beaten up and you have to drive behind a restaurant to get to it. Otherwise, I give it 5 stars all the way. Cozy, easy to find, not far from the attractions, and amazing staff. We loved our experience and will certainly book there if we go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kidstuffgirl

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful response. I will pass your kind words on to Dee Dee and the rest of the staff. She is one of the many "shining stars" we have at this property. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our hot breakfast. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is an excellent choice if you are looking for a very clean, quiet, hotel a little away from the touristy mess of 192 and I drive. It's about 20 minutes from Disney property, right off of I-4, which still makes it really easy to get to everything you need. Also, they had a nice fitness room with TVs in the equipment. Breakfast was great but be sure to go early cause it gets pretty packed. All in all a great place!

• Stayed: November 2011

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful response. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our facilities. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

We always stay at Hamptons when we travel, but this time, we got a timeshare for free from a friend, so we stayed there. The timeshare charged for internet access & I needed to send some papers for work while on my trip. I saw this Hampton while I was driving to Legoland, and stopped to ask if they would let me use the business center for 10 minutes to send my forms. The mgr & desk clerk were both so accomodating, and let me use the business center. This is just one reason why we always stay at Hampton Inns. The people (& the hotels) are awesome. Thanks Hampton.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful response. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I am HH gold and this is one of the better Hampton Inns I have stayed at. Excellent staff.

• Stayed: December 2011

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful response. I will pass your kind words on to the staff. They are the "shining stars" we have at this property. Since your last visit we have finished our extensive renovations and would love for you to come back and see our new beautiful lobby and the other wonderful changes we have made like our new HD channel lineup. Our Hampton family strives to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you coming back to visit us.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed one night before a visit to Legoland. Staff was friendly, price very reasonable, rooms clean, access easy, breakfast typical. BUT, one thing i did not like which I almost never complain about was that our mattress was AWFUL! The whole night i felt like I was rolling off the bed as the mattress had a huge slant in it. The rooms were big enough to handle queen beds but i knew we were getting doubles. Other than an awful mattress i found this to be a fine place to spend a night or a few.

Room Tip: Many restaurants adjacent to the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank doclorenzo

I am sorry you experienced and issue with your stay. We would like to have you come back and stay with us again, and give us an opportunity to make it right. Since your last visit we have finished our extensive renovations and would love for you to come back and see our new beautiful lobby and the other wonderful changes we have made. We want you to feel like the cherished guest you are and we take our guests opinions to the highest level of consideration. We try our very best to make every guests' stay as comfortable as possible and we love hearing the feedback so we can know what we are doing right and what needs to be improved. Thank you for the response.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Days Inn & Suites Davenport
Days Inn & Suites Davenport
#12 of 14 in Davenport
Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South? Share your experiences!