“The exterior of the property is a bit rough, however the...”

Quality Inn Maingate South
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Clearwater
“The exterior of the property is a bit rough, however the...”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The exterior of the property is a bit rough, however the rooms are recently remodeled and are very comfortable and appointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Christopher T, Manager at Quality Inn Maingate South, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Donald - Thank You for taking the time to share your visit to Travelodge Davenport. As you mentioned, our rooms have all be newly renovated and as we complete the process of working "from the inside out" we will be updating our walkways and driveway of the property. We will always have plenty of FREE parking for trucks, buses and cars. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Davenport Florida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Carbondale
Reviewed January 8, 2014

While traveling to an academic conference, I needed to find low cost accommodations. During this trip I stayed at three different brands of budget motels - one was far worse than this and one was far better, and all had approximately the same room rate. For the price, it's a good value but not a great value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Homestead
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel was so good, I really enjoy it. Not so close to the parks, u have to drive for 20 minutes to Disney world.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have stayed here for 5 days with my two kids on vacation. It is a clean and quiet place with an outdoor pool and service is very good. 1 min after I found a lamp was not working and called reception, Manager Chris came over and solve the issue. Nice location near Hwy 4 and close to Disney. Great value for your money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Christopher T, Manager at Quality Inn Maingate South, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
George G Thank You for your review. We are proud of our new rooms and hope our guests enjoy the NEW beds, 32" flat panel tv, granite tub surrounds and vanities and single serve coffee makers for that fresh cup every time. Our desk staff is here 24 hours a day to make sure every thing is perfect for you. Being right off I-4 at exit 55 makes it an easy drive to and from Disney, Legoland and Universal. Please come visit us again.
Westport, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I called the 1-800 number to get a reservation for 3 adults and our Schnauzer. I was told no problem, given a confirmation number and told to call before 4pm to provide a credit card number to hold our room as we were arriving later that evening after a 13 hour drive. I did so, confirming 3 adults and one small dog for the night. When we arrived, the front desk person asked if I told them we had a dog. because they had no more dog rooms. I said, "I certainly did tell them: TWICE." He asked if I knew who we spoke with and I said a gentleman by the name of Chris. At that moment , a young man came behind the desk and said, " I remember speaking with you but I should have checked further , we have no more rooms available for dogs." I told him we just drove 13 hours and you need to find a room for us and the dog. The initial person behind the desk instructed him to find us a room since he made the mistake and waive the pet fee. I was appreciative he was trying to fix things. I signed a paper with the "pet rules" which included taking them to a designated courtyard for the bathroom. My husband and I walked the dog to the area and noticed the grass was very overgrown and had trash in it. As we got back to the room we saw our dog had hundreds of burs and sticky seeds embedded in her hair. They could not be pulled off so we spent the next hour cutting her hair on her legs up to her shoulders. We went to sleep in a clean and quiet room. When we woke up the next morning we walked the dog to another area in the daylight and saw that the outdoor trash bins were over flowing , cups and other trash were strewn about. As we checked out I told the front desk person about the overgrown courtyard , the dog fiasco and asked if they have a grounds keeper. She apologized and said they were short-handed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank itsgotime
Knowing that you just drove from the freezing weather and poor traffic conditions of the North we could not turn you away with your pet especially since the oversight was on my part. We gave you a room for you and your pet and waived the fee to make things right for you even though we were sold out of pet rooms. Unfortunately with the windy weather as of late trash gets blown around the property from neighboring properties but our staff maintains the property daily. Because we are an exterior property, our guests sometimes store items outside their door. The cups you mentioned belonged to a guest and were filled with seashells they collected and wanted to dry in the sun. We apologize that your first visit to our property was not satisfactory for you and the team and I will work harder to make your next visit to Travelodge Davenport a better one.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very nice clean rooms, Just off Interstate 4 and Highway 27 and a short drive from Disney. The free breakfast was very good, it included both hot and cold items. Great value for your money. Has a heated outdoor pool and picnic area with barbecue grill. Did not come up on the Tom Tom GPS

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christopher T, Manager at Quality Inn Maingate South, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
love2travelcya Thank You for taking the time to share your visit to Travelodge Davenport with the travel community. Being just 12 minutes from Disney makes it easy to get to and from the park. Right off I-4 at exit 55 you can avoid the tourist traffic all together. We are proud to serve a nice breakfast every morning in our new front lobby. Our rooms, all brand new, include 32" flat panel tv, single cup coffee maker and BRAND NEW beds - all to make for a comfortable stay. Please visit us again when in the Davenport area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Days Inn & Suites Davenport
Days Inn & Suites Davenport
#12 of 14 in Davenport
Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Americas Best Value Inn Winter Haven
Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate

Been to Quality Inn Maingate South? Share your experiences!