“Close to everything...”
other travelers have booked this property
Foyer Living Room
The Twin Bedroom Two
Garage Game Room
View
Ashleigh's Den @ Sandy Ridge
Beautiful and bright, even at night
Games room, pool / hockey table, foosball, darts, CD player
Child friendly. We've not forgotten the little ones
Breathtaking views, Child safety fence & alarm to pool area
A heavenly view of paradise
Chill in the privacy of the pool & jacuzzi with Florida glass,
Breakfast on the patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Melbugs77
“Close to everything...”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in May 2018

Mr. Martin was a kind gentleman, he was very willing to help with the issues we had. We enjoyed our stay for the most part; however we did have a few issues. The home it’s self is very inviting, roomy, and had a good lay out. When we stayed in the home we had 4 adults and 2 teens, everyone had enough room to enjoy themselves. Now I am going to inform those who may book in the future of somethings, not that I am trying to give a bad review, it’s just somethings that I would like to have known for my stay. Heating the pool was a waste of money, I don’t know if it was finally Mother Nature or if it takes that long to heat a pool. 1) On our first day/night of arrival I had to contact Martin to let him know the pool was not active (heater), he had to contact whomever to get that going. He then assured me that the pool was reading 84* I am a pool owner myself and it wasn’t until the last 3-4 days we were at the house the pool became tolerable to swim in. (we stayed 12 nights 13 days) again was it the heating or mother nature? And yes we put the pool cover on every night. When we visited Orlando we had 6 days of parks, and other days filled with running, so in the evening time all we wanted to do was unwind, we still got into the pool almost daily, just had goosebumps while doing it. 2) the lien we had an abundance of towels, and hand towels, however we only had 4 washcloths (bring a sponge/ loofah) 3) I am an OCD cleaning person, we had no cleaning supplies in the home (I have stayed at other homes and we were supplied these items, meaning more dishtowels to soak in hot water to wipe with, 409 spray, anything to clean with. We had to wash lien due to lack of cleaning supplies. Luckily we brought tide pods, however I ran out of them for my own cloths needing to wash towels) it’s hard to clean a home with only dish soap and a sponge. Again we spent most of our vacation running, so we didn’t notice the lack of cleaning supplies right away. 4) please be sure when you go to the store grab paper products, you are only given 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom, also only 1 roll of paper towels. (Again have not experienced this before) 5) the air hockey table doesn’t work properly. 6) You have to call the property management for the combination lock for the grill. 7) Even though the book/papers Martin sends you says you can adjust the air in the home, this is incorrect the house is set at 75.2* (24C) and will not budge. Bring a blanket for sitting on the couch, and plan to do nothing upstairs (without sweating) we travel with blankets (thank goodness) we would have frozen otherwise. (Yes I know heat rises, but its crazy the difference in the temperature) 8) the toaster didn’t work (unless you stood there and held down the handle) 9) be careful outside there are quite a few fire aunt mounds, around the driveway, and in the actual yard. 10) I hate to do this one because I am sure Martin and the property management has taken care of this, but the home has roaches, German/ house roach NOT water bugs. We again didn’t notice until the 2nd or 3rd day but the kitchen was infested with roaches, remember the toaster I mentioned as I was standing there holding the button down a roach climbed out of it. We also threw away any open food, I was not taking these home. Oh did I mention my husband is in pest control. I do feel for Mr. Martin, as he doesn’t live here and has other people taking care of his property, as well as I don’t know who has rented the home in the past or how long they have stayed, maybe it’s normal for them to see bugs. I have written an email, not to make anyone mad I know I would want to know. Also I am not sure what exactly the cleaning staff is responsible for, but the home could use a good dusting, and cleaning around appliances….. Thank you for letting use rent your home, it truly is close to everything we did, and the beds were a delight!! Yes I would recommend to a friend, and I would stay again. I am sure the bug issue has been resolved, and I would not pay $174 to heat the pool, and I would bring a fan for the upstairs (almost bought one) the home has ceiling fans, however I would have gotten a fan to bring some of the cold air upstairs in the hallway.

Your age range 35-49
Management Response
Jun 22, 2018
Heating the pool was a waste of money, I don’t know if it was finally Mother Nature or if it takes that long to heat a pool. On our first day/night of arrival I had to contact Martin to let him know the pool was not active (heater), he had to contact whomever to get that going. He then assured me that the pool was reading 84* I am a pool owner myself and it wasn’t until the last 3-4 days we were at the house the pool became tolerable to swim in. (we stayed 12 nights 13 days) again was it the heating or mother nature? And yes we put the pool cover on every night. When we visited Orlando we had 6 days of parks, and other days filled with running, so in the evening time all we wanted to do was unwind, we still got into the pool almost daily, just had goosebumps while doing it.
Owner Response: We always accept and appreciate guest feedback whether good, bad or indifferent and thank you for taking the time to express your views. There was an issue with pool heater activation for the arrival day of your vacation, due to our US Management Co not having selected the unit on. This was resolved by the morning of your second day and remained activated for the duration of your stay. We did advise the operating hours of the pool & spa heater are 09:00 – 18:00 daily, and the set-point temperatures during these times are Pool, 30.0°C (86.0°F), Spa, 35.0°C (95.0°F). As we have a remote pool monitoring system in place, we frequently check and confirm the pool temperatures during a guest’s stay, when pool heat has been paid for. On the one occasion you raised the issue with us of possible low pool temperature, we asked our Management Co to come to the home to check the temperature directly, just to ensure our remote information was correct. Ian from the Management Co confirmed and took a photo on his mobile device, of the pool heater reading at the time of his visit, 88.0°F, pool temperature (31.1°C). This figure equated to the information we had on our remote monitoring equipment here in the UK. At all times from after the second morning of your stay the pool temperature was ≥ 30.0°C during the hours of pool heater operation. When you requested pool heating for the duration of your stay, we did advise that with Florida ambient temperatures being ≥ 30.0°C at this time of the year, the pool may feel cold in respect to ambient and suggested you may not need pool heating during your stay. Outside of these hours, the pool will cool if mother nature has anything to do with it.

The lien we had an abundance of towels, and hand towels, however we only had 4 washcloths (bring a sponge/ loofah)
Owner Response: We do not and have not ever provided was cloths for guests as this would / could cause cross bacterial contamination. See the following:
“The whole point of using a washcloth is to cleanse your face or body. But if you take the spreading power of bacteria for granted, that seemingly harmless little towel could potentially introduce new germs into your system. Consider this: Nothing is ever completely germ-free, even a fresh towel that has just come from the dryer. So naturally a used washcloth that is left to air each day gives bacteria and other microbes more of a chance to grow and spread. And each time you use a cloth to wash your face, dead skin cells get caught in it, providing even more food for the bacteria that gather in the towel. Laundering your washcloth regularly may not kill every germ it contains, but it will lessen the overall amount of bacteria and decrease your chances of catching an illness”.

I am an OCD cleaning person, we had no cleaning supplies in the home (I have stayed at other homes and we were supplied these items, meaning more dishtowels to soak in hot water to wipe with, 409 spray, anything to clean with. We had to wash lien due to lack of cleaning supplies. Luckily we brought tide pods, however I ran out of them for my own cloths needing to wash towels) it’s hard to clean a home with only dish soap and a sponge. Again we spent most of our vacation running, so we didn’t notice the lack of cleaning supplies right away. Please be sure when you go to the store grab paper products, you are only given 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom, also only 1 roll of paper towels. (Again have not experienced this before)
Owner Response: This is a “SELF CATERING VACATION HOME” and whilst we do provide a single toilet roll in each toilet, a single paper roll in the kitchen, a single dishwasher detergent pod and a single washtub pod, the guest is aware the rental is on a self-catering basis and you are responsible for providing everything useable during your stay.

The air hockey table doesn’t work properly.
Owner Response: Not reported to anyone during your stay either by you or any previous guest, so how are we to be made aware if there is an issue.

Owner Response: The is a requirement because, if the grill were left unlocked and used by every guest without the Management Co knowing, how do we then resolve issues with regard to knowing which guests did not clean the grill prior to their departure?

Owner Response: We have a bespoke A/C control system provided by Proliphix. The system allows 3.0°C of deviation from set point either up or down as required by the guest both in heating and cooling modes. It is fair to say this is an electronic device that some individuals may not be familiar with, though our Management Co are more than happy to pop round and give an explanation of it operation if required. It is fair to say there will always be a dissimilar temperature issue between down stairs and upstairs, simply because it is a single A/C system supplying the whole house from a single point of control. With the thermostat being at the top of the stairs, the down stairs will always be a little cooler that upstairs. We did not design or build the house or choose the A/C type or installation, that was down to D R Horton, Florida’s preferred builder.

The toaster didn’t work (unless you stood there and held down the handle)
Owner Response: Again nothing raised with our Management Co ?????

Be careful outside there are quite a few fire aunt mounds, around the driveway, and in the actual yard.
Owner Response: This is Florida, and unfortunately we have no control over mother nature and where her insects live outside.

Owner Response: I am informed by our Management Co that any issues have now been resolved, but as we all know Florida is known for the odd roach and we would advise all guests to ensure all food stuffs are secured at all times whilst at the villa. After all it is only because people leave food out or fail to clean up after themselves correctly that invites roaches into any property.

Mike P
“Lovely clean villa with pool and spa”
Reviewed May 25, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Comfy couch. Big tv. Dining table all set and laid out. Long pool and spa cleaned weekly. Liquid soap in all bathrooms. Refuse bag, washing up liquid and sponge, dishwasher tablets and kitchen roll all supplied as a starter pack...very good. Never had this before in 20 years of visiting Florida. Pool table, air hockey, table football and darts in the garage. Would visit again

Amy S
“Perfect vacation home in Davenport!”
Reviewed February 23, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

Ashleigh's Den was beautiful and very well taken care of. You can tell the owner takes a lot of pride in his home, and it did not disappoint! The pool was amazing. We did pay extra for pool heat, and it was very comfortable our whole stay. The location was about 5 minutes to local grocery/food and 20 minutes to Disney. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely book this home in the future!

_ian_morg...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful holiday”
Reviewed February 18, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Beautiful villa, excellent location- had everything we needed. Would book again and have no hesitation in recommending.

Theresa W
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Best villa”
Reviewed January 13, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This villa is in a lovely and safe area ideal for visiting the parks , restraunts and shopping area. The home is well equipped with everything you could possibly need . It is a well cared for home . We did not have pool heating , you would definitely require this if using the pool at this time of year .
The owner supplied clear and accurate information before our arrival . Any questions were answered quickly .
We have just returned home so can’t comment on how long it takes to refund the deposit.
We would definitely return to this villa and recommend to our friends .

JC P
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed December 29, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Great house with lots of space! Loved how many bathrooms there were as we were getting married so our rental house was FULL of people getting ready! We rented the house to be close to Disney property for our honeymoon. Was a fairly decent drive to Disney from the house. If you can you should get pool heating!! We decided not to because we knew we wouldn't be getting in but one day it was 81 degrees Fahrenheit out but the pool was a little too chilly to even attempt getting in. Will be making more Disney trips in the future and could potentially make this our go-to vacation home!!

marcolisa...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent villa Ashleigh's Pad”
Reviewed December 1, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Excellent Villa very clean everything we needed , close to Disney & local Amenities.
Owner Martin answered all questions & replied quickly would recommend to Family & Friends

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing