“Awesome”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Edinburgh
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

First night back in Florida,this place is closest to villa so gave it a try,
Got a seat at bar whilst waiting the short time for food,good start,
Got seated waitress was nice and polite,and was running about like mad serving people with a nice smile on her face.
Food was nice,lots of it of course being America and the drink refills seemed to come every time you had a mouthful out of your glass
All in all a good first night meal

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Scotland
“Repeated Visit”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Having just read some very negative reviews, I thought it appropriate to share our experiences having visited the restaurant at least twice last month. We rented a vacation townhouse nearby and were very impressed with the food on offer. Service was a little slow but it was worth waiting for. Cant understand the one and two star ratings. I mentioned my visits to a colleague when we returned to the UK and she even remembered the restaurant when she visited 5 years earlier!! She was also impressed. What more can I say?

• Visited May 2014
Mauchline
“Was okay, good value for money”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Visited here for a late supper with our 4 year old. Found the place very cold....air con too high so wasn’t the most comfortable. Menu was lovely, food pretty good. Good value too.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jules221974
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“average review for an average restuarant”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

we were taken her as a treat by the inlaws on our last vacation, my previous memories of Applebee's were good, but some time ago, and several states away (las Vegas NV). The menu was comprehensive, but I wasn't think "Ooh I must try that" and the prices did seem a little high by american standards, although the 2 for $20 on at the time did make for a sensibly priced meal, I haven't really anyhting bad to say about the place, but I can't find anything which makes me say "hey you must visit" so average score for an average restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Having visited Applebees on previous holidays it was my daughters idea to revisit again despite warnings from a friend that the place was not as good as it once was.

We visited early on a Thursday evening and despite only about a quarter of the tables being occupied, the five of us were given a very cramped booth type table to sit at. I am not the biggest guy in the world yet found myself cramped in and pretty uncomfortable for the duration.

Our main course was brought out to us whilst we were still eating the appetizers, the waiter just gazed at me in a way that made me feel very awkward as though I was at fault for not eating quicker.

Amongst our meal I ordered a steak that was served on one of those "all show" hot sizzling skillet plates. Pretty quickly the medium cooked steak became over cooked and dry. It shared pride of place with the saltiest over seasoned fries I have ever had the misfortune of trying.

I was asked by our waiter if all was ok and my explanation of the above was pretty much ignored.

Oh well, guess I've had worse though it must be said, never in the USA.

1 Thank FrankSpanner