This was our third stay at Bahama Bay and there is really nothing bad that can be said about this resort. After overhearing people talking at the bar one night, stating that they read bad reviews on this resort ( they too couldn't believe them) I decided to read them myself. Simply put, I was astounded at the bad reviews. I truly have a hard time believing most of them.
We have never had any problems with this resort and it is getting better each time we go. Where else can you get over 1200sq ft of space, with three bedrooms and two baths for this price? We have stayed in the Orlando area numerous times, since finding Bahama Bay we will never stay in a hotel room in Orlando again.
The 4 pools and hot tubs are great, the man made beach is perfect for folks that like the beach. Food at the restaurants is good albeit a bit pricey. Accommodations are getting bit dated but that is true with any place that rents rooms to the public. They are apparently in the process of upgrading most of the condos which will once again make our next stay even more enjoyable. The condos are nicely appointed, kitchen is always fully outfitted with whatever is necessary to make meals. TV's in every bedroom too.
People need to understand that these are privately owned condos and you really cant expect the owners to provide toilet paper and daily cleaning. This leads me to the cleaning fee, no matter what website I look at the cleaning fee is clearly stated, so why people complain about and say they were surprised is beyond me. Also, there is an owners closet which is locked and has a sign on it informing guests not to open it....so what??!! Its the owners storage, big deal!! Don't touch it!
The karaoke nights at the clubhouse bar is always fun. The Tradewinds bar located near the lake has great burgers and free pool. The resort IS close to Disney and not in the middle of no-where. How people take anymore than 15 minutes to get to Disney is beyond me, they are obviously getting lost or never stopped to ask directions. Walmart, Target, Publix and numerous restaurants are just minutes down the road. The need for a rental car is a must, you would not want to walk or take a taxi to anywhere. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stays at Bahama Bay and never had any problem with check in or uncleanliness. Don't believe the bad reviews!
Myself my wife and my kids cant wait until the next visit!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Davenport is the beautiful Bahama Bay Resort and Spa. Just off the beaten path, Bahama Bay is a hidden gem amongst the theme parks. Take a stroll on one of the nature trails, go for a dip in one of the four pools, soak in the hot tub or play a game of tennis, the resort has everything whether you want to relax or be active. Your room has a fully stocked kitchen and a washer and dryer, saving you money on eating out and packing a heavy suitcase, as well as plenty of living space and a screened in patio to enjoy the Florida weather. With resort wide Wi-Fi, no parking fees, free DVD rentals in the lobby and a friendly staff on-site to help you with your every need, Bahama Bay Resort & Spa is where you want to be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort