“So close yet so far!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“So close yet so far!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our family traveled to Central Florida in May 2013 and stayed at Bahama Bay. We loved the fact that it was convenient to Disney (20 minutes) but far enough out to feel as if you were away from all the busyness. This is a lovely property that is very well maintained: the grounds are beautifully landscaped! We got a great deal on bookit.com and were amazed when we walked into our 3 bedroom condo! It was clean and spacious, and the split plan allowed my husband and I to feel as if we were almost alone when the little ones went to bed! The pools and jacuzzis are conveniently located just behind a group of condos for easy access, and they were clean and spacious. We especially enjoyed the main pool at the clubhouse and meeting people from all over the world! The only issue we had was that a blind in one of the kid's rooms came crashing down the first night when we went to adjust it. We called the desk and maintenance came within 10 to 15 minutes. He apologized profusely for the problem and inconvenience, and fixed the problem in a timely and courteous fashion: very friendly and very professional! We will definitely recommend this property to friends and keep it on our list for future visits to Central Florida.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank savinmavin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have just returned from our week long vacation in Bahama Bay. What a great place! The grounds of the resort were huge and awesome, multiple pools, jaccuzzis, walking trails, not to mention the man-made beach and Lake Davenport! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We have rented a top floor condo, directly from the owner Jason and Marlena Moores. They were very fast in responding to our e-mails, despite being on the other side of the Atlantic. The condo was very spacious, clean and very well maintained. Our three children loved it and made us promise that we will come back next year. We will recommend it to all our friends & family.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 20, ssk for the top floor, great views!
2 Thank shaki86
Nova Scotia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our family booked through Transat Holidays,from the reviews i asked our travel agent for a refurbished condo and i emailed bahama bay to get ugraded from a 3 bedroom superior villa to the grand bahama condo. This did not happen... they had no record of the request. After checking in we went to get settled in the condo...we walk into a musty odour that caused sinus problems within minutes. The stains all over the rugs were disgusting and the furniture was shabby. The fully stocked kitchen was pathetic. After making several complaints, We decided within hours to find other accommodations after finding out that the front desk could not help us with another condo at our cost we located a beautiful townhouse at Regal Palms Resort. We had to stay in the Bahama Bay condo a second night and low and behold the next morning we found a cockroach...It was the biggest bug I've ever seen. The grounds were well kept and quite pleasant. REFUSE BUILDING 36 ROOM 205 AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Thank NovaScotiaLeBlanc
Keith O, General Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I have reached out to this guest to hopefully win their confidence back in our resort and certainly this one experience does not reflect well but also does not reflect the Resort as a whole.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed at the Bahamas Bay for a few days in May, 2013 during part of my vacation in Orlando. Excellent hotel, staff very helpful and caring, room was comfy, clean and huge, mine even had a full kitchen with microwave, coffeemaker and dishwasher. The only down, but I already knew that, is that there was no breakfast, but that is ok as there was a coffee machine (it's free!!!) at the lobby and there was a Dunkin' Donuts nearby. Also I have to mention that there were two pools available for swimming, one on our apartment area and the main pool. All in all, excellent staying and I'll definitely stay at Bahamas Bay again when I have the chance!

Room Tip: The hotel area is huge, if possible, ask for an apartment near the lobby!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Milton P
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stay at The Grand Bahama Bay last year and everything was great which is why we stayed here again this year. We stayed here for 2 weeks starting Jan. 18- Feb.2. I am only now getting around to writing a review.

The so-called "Grand Bahama deluxe room" that we are staying in. Building 8 room 809. There is honestly nothing grand about it at all the fact that they have it classified in a "grand" category is disgraceful. When I pay extra for a room that is suppose to be of a higher quality I expect it. I had called the resort before our first stay in 2013 and asked them what the difference between a deluxe villa and a superior villa I was told that deluxe has newer furniture, appliance and newer carpets. It did have new carpets.

The appliances are probably older than me. The fridge barely keeps our food cold (we had to throw things out) when its on max and the ice dispenser doesn't make ice. The couch has a rip in it. The dryer hose detached from the vent and the exhaust came into the condo. We reattached that ourselves, then dryer completely gave out I had to put a piece of cardboard there to hold it in place. The white kitchen sink is rotten and stained. The part of the sink that is behind the faucet is cracked and rusted. This brings me to the faucet itself which is loose and ready for the garbage. And 2 of the burners on the stove are broken.

I asked for a "Grand Bahama Deluxe 3 bedroom" understanding that it would be on the ground floor because there are 2 toddlers and someone with a slightly injured ankle with us did not happen. We were on the 3rd floor and these buildings are not equip with elevators. We were told we could be given a room that has 2 bedrooms which was a grand deluxe or a small 3 bedroom that has older furniture and appliances( I could only imagine what they classified as old)

We tried out the Trade-winds restaurant and could barely eat it. I had a pizza.............it had no taste to it at all. And on this particular day the poor girl there working had to work in both bars and be a waitress in the restaurant . People had to go looking for someone to serve them drinks and food.

And just to add one more thing .........to WiFi that is included in our room only works when it wants to.

The gym that they have there needs a serious makeover. Its very small and it becomes rather cramped with 5 people in there. They need to get rid of all the weight equipment to free up some space and just use free weights.

We had too many groceries purchased, and so much other stuff bought at the mall to drag it all down over 4 flights of stairs. We just put up with it and went on about our business.

I would normally not complain but there are just so many things that has added up here. And I know that all of this is out of your control. I just thought that I needed to say something about it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Debbie G
Keith O, General Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I am sorry this guest did not have a good experience. All the Gran Bahama 3 bedrooms are on the top floors of our buildings. these units are the larger of the 2 styles of 3 bedrooms. They are about 1600 square feet and very spacious. the units are sold by size of unit not by how they look. Each unit is individually owned so the units do vary a bit in decor.

as for her maintenace issues I will be reaching out privately to this guest to find out the unit number even though the stay was 2 months ago to make sure the items are in good order.

We do have a fantastic restaurant with good service and food.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My family and I recently stayed at Bahama Bay for a week and were very glad to find it welcoming and at home. We rented a 3 bedroom villa. I think the 3 bedroom villa costs somewhere around $180 a night (worth the price). The beds were comfortable and the rooms (and bathrooms) were very spacious. If space is something that is important to you, I recommend this resort. There is also nice lighting in the rooms. I know that in some hotels, there isn't much lighting. The resort gives you a full kitchen including a fridge, microwave, oven, silverware etc. The living room area had very comfortable sofas with a coffee table. Also, one of the sofas had a pull-out bed. My family and I really like the 2 big balconies offered for our villa. It was a nice place to work or relax. The furniture in the villa had a wooden theme, kind of cheap......but in a way.....comfortable. One thing that I did not like about our villa, however, were the small/old T.V.s. My family liked the fact that the resort had multiple pools so you could go to the closest pool without having too many people in it. The resort itself is located in a good location, not far from Disney World or other attractions. If you would like to go to Disney, this is a good location......probably a 15-20 minute drive. Overall, my family really liked this resort. It was comfortable, it had a good value, and it was convenient. Definitely coming again!

1 Thank Alex B
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We always enjoy our stays here. We have noticed that the condition and cleanliness of the accommodations are starting to decline. The carpets are very badly stained and dirty and there was a strong moldy smell in one of our units. We had to call the front desk to have them treat for cockroaches in the bedroom in the other unit. We hope that this review will prompt attention to this nice property.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you open your room and inspect it before checking in.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank zonk56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
#17 of 152 in Kissimmee
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!