“Great place to stay in Orlando”

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place to stay in Orlando”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent five days at Bahama Bay Resort and will certainly go back the next time we visit Orlando. Had a very nice two bedroom condo next to the pool and Trade Winds restaurant. It is close to Disney and a short drive to Universal and Sea World. I guess each condo is furnished differently and our furniture was a little worn on the edges and we had Goodwill brand TVs in the living room and two bedrooms. Staff was very helpful when we could not get the remote to work on one TV and one closet door came off its track. They took care of both problems quickly.
The pools are great - I think there are four but we used only two. Very reasonable priced! We also had a view of Lake Davenport which is shared by the property and some surrounding neighborhoods. The only cons for us was having to carry our luggage up to the second floor. They do not have elevators or anyone to help two ladies and a little boy. Also the yard area overlooked by our lanai was being used by maintenance to store some big poles and old fronds from the palm trees.

Room Tip: Stayed for the first time so unable to compare condos. But we did ask for a view and was in buildin...
3 Thank IndyLady46250

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Burnley, England
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed two weeks here from 29/5 - 11/6 and found it excellent. Booked through Thomas Cook and got an excellent deal. 3 spacious bedrooms and an apartment that had been recently renovated.
Grounds were lovely and well maintained, check-in staff were very efficient,and the pools were clean and well kept. My wife and I travelled with two adults, who have a learning disability and they loved it...staff were great with them. We managed to lock our bathroom from the outside, and Bernard, from maintainance was with us within 15 minutes.
Travel was roughly 25 minutes to Disney & 35 to SeaWorld/Universal etc. Reduced prices are available from the Conciege so it's worth taking a look there.
Publix supermarket is a 2 minute drive away, and the "Sundays" Pub-Diner next door did a super lunch...
The refreshing thing was that Wi-Fi is available in room free, and there were no charges for DVD rental or to use Pool tables, Tennis etc & also no Time -Share sales....
Thoroughly recommended..

4 Thank Rawson19
West Palm Beach Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Ok so I travel alot.. Stay in many different hotels .. I saw this resort on Bookit.com and from the photos and price I figured I'd try it.
Let me say this: I own my mistakes.. I did not take the time to research how far out from everything this place is.. It's not SUPER far from the theme parks, but it is a drive.. Your going almost to the city limits ..I like being in the middle real close to everything ..
Next- I did not read the print when I booked .. There is an 80.00 CLEAN UP FEE!!! you have to pay that up front when you check in.. EIGHTY DOLLARS!! For them to clean the condo when you leave!! Once again my fault .. Because I should have read the print .. So after paying the cleaning fee along with resort fees I had to pay another 100.00 on top of the 258 I spent to stay there.
I'm used to staying in a hotel where housekeeping cleaning the room is part of the price.
Just crazy to me.
Ok another thing.. Housekeeping does NOT come to your condo and make your beds or anything while your there .. Your on your own. So if you like that amenity .. You don't get that staying in this condo resort .
There was no elevators in my building .. I was on second floor. Thank goodness I did not have anyone with me that could not climb stairs.
Now onto the PAPER THIN WALLS AND FLOORS.. Oh my goodnesssss.. 545 am BOTH MORNINGS.. The people above me were up using the washer and dryer.. It sounded like it was in my bed !!! Then BAM BOOM BOOM BOOM from them walking .. And flushing of toilets.. Holy cow.. So both mornings. there was NO sleeping in.. Did not happen .. You can hear everything .. No insulation there. If you stay here make SURE to stay on top floor .. And tip toe so you don't become that noisy person above everyone else.. Especially if you have kids.
We stayed in unit 1010 in building 31.. It was a 3 bedroom unit.. Very spacious.. It was clean except for the carpet.. Carpet had obvious stains.. I posted photos on here. I was going to make tea and for some reason I looked into the tea pot they had there on the stove and it was slimy and rusted inside . The televisions are old boxy style.
The trade winds restaurant was very pricey .. And food was bland.. Except the pizza.. The pizza was good. The bar did not have a few different liquors I asked for.. The pools were nice... Along with the kid area. The grounds of the resort were nicely kept and security and employees were very nice.
Basically if you don't mind noise.. And not having housekeeping every day.. Also if you don't mind paying that 80.00 cleaning fee and being a little out of the way, then this resort will suit you fine.
I can see if your staying a week or 2.. Then maybe paying 80 for cleaning is ok.. But 2 nights?? No way.. Thank you

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank Fiveomom7945
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We just spent a week at the Bahama Bay Resort with our daughter and 2 teenage grandsons! This place was Awesome! Everyone had their own bed and space! Which is great when you have 3 teenagers! The condo was quiet and had everything you would need in it to include pool towels! The pool was great! lots of room everywhere we went! We will definately come back here when we come back to this area!!!!!!!!! You really cannnot beat this place!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and never heard anyone else!
3 Thank Gmhfay
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Then Bahama Bay Resort is all it is cracked up to be. The room was great! The pool area are wonderful. The location is a bit out of the way but still close enough to all the theme parks. The only negative comment I have is the bed wasn't comfortable, but that was the only negative. Be prepared to be serenaded by the local critters every night but that is a true taste of the South. The price is very fair.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank mrico1
Berkshire
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Bahama Bay is a great family friendly resort around 25 minutes from Disney World. I had stayed just off the 192 many times and I would class this as a good 4 star resort.

We stayed in Room 111 and it is a well sized condo comprising of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living/diner and kitchen.

If there were any downsides to speak of I would say that noise levels could be an issue. We travelled with our children one 5 and one 4 and on the first day we had jet lag so did our children and although they were not running around in the apartment their footsteps could be heard by our neighbours underneath us as we had reception call to let us know that the neighbours downstairs were complaining. The other downside was the cleanliness of the carpets in the condo. They certainly need a good steam clean to remove stains and general dirt. The fixtures and furnishings differs greatly thoughout as the resort's condos are individually owned.

I found the staff extremely courteous and helpful. The pools were well appointed throughout the resort and clean. The gym was reasonably equiped and can be accessed 24 hours and we used Tradewinds Restaurant a few times. As already mentioned by another reviewer the meals are basic but resonably priced and cooked well.

I would most certainly return to Bahama Bay and if you are travelling as a family its facilities such as washer/dryer is very convenient.

Room Tip: Choose the ground floor if you have young children
2 Thank MeganBerkshire
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our party of 10 stayed 10 nights in two, 3 bedroom units on the ground floor. Had previously stayed in the larger 3 bedroom but had a disabled family member who couldn't handle stairs and all of the larger 3 bedrooms are on the 3rd floor. Units were large and reasonably well appointed. All of the beds with the exception of the master in one of the units were old and uncomfortable (you could feel the springs). Would have liked bar stolls at the kitchen bar.

Pools are plentiful and nice. Never had a problem finding chairs and there was plenty of shade from umbrellas. One of the pools has a nice sand area with volleyball. The little kids enjoyed playing in the sand.

We were visiting both Disney and Universal. Most of the Disney parks were close enough we could go in the morning, come back to the resort for lunch and quiet time and then return to the park in the evening. Absolutely the way to go!

Our biggest complaint was the lack of noise abatement in the walls and ceilings. We were unlucky enough to have "young adults" staying in the unit about us and always knew whey they returned, usually between 1:00 and 3:00 AM. Loud music, running, shouting, car horns blaring. Could even hear their washing machine and dryer at 1:30 one morning. Resort secuirty was quick to respond when we called but at that point everyone was already awake. So unless you are a heavy sleeper I would recommend the 3rd floor units.

But given the rates are incredibly low, I would still recommend this to families visiting Orlando, especially Disney and/or Universal.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor.
1 Thank SDhiker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Floridays Resort Orlando
Floridays Resort Orlando
#19 of 335 in Orlando
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!