We stayed at Bahama Bay for two weeks over Easter. We left it late to book our holiday and so were unable to get a villa, which was pour first choice and this was basically all the travel operator, Thomson, could find within our budget. However, we were really pleased with the resort and accommodation and would definitely go again. The apartment was a ground floor 3 bed with en suite to master bedroom, fully equipped kitchen, tv and DVD in lounge and tv in main bedroom, washing machine and separate tumble dryer. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and well presented. Only slight negative was the patio area was very small and only accommodated two chairs and a small table. The resort itself consisted of a clubhouse which included reception, a small shop, spa (although we didn't use this) and DVD rental machines, which were free and the kids loved them! There were 4 swimming pools located around the resort with hot tubs at each and all very clean. The staff were very helpful too. We had a couple of hiccups on our first day in the apartment, such as one of the kids unwittingly locking herself out of the bedroom! But a call to reception and maintenance were there within 30 minutes. The resort is fairly quiet with the majority of noise in the evening coming from the crickets, frogs and ducks! But this is a great retreat after spending a day in the noisy, busy parks. The Disney parks are about 10-15 mins drive and universal about 25 mins but it can take a lot longer, depending on the traffic on the I4 which was at a standstill some days! There is also a supermarket within 5 mins drive. A couple of people complained about their accommodation but I understand that there is a program of refurbishment underway so this is perhaps why. But in our opinion, the resort, staff and accommodation were fantastic and we will definitely be returning.
P.s. please ignore my rating for breakfast and the spa. Accidentally selected these due to small screen and couldn't remove it! We didn't use the spa and the accommodation was self catering so we made our own breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Davenport is the beautiful Bahama Bay Resort and Spa. Just off the beaten path, Bahama Bay is a hidden gem amongst the theme parks. Take a stroll on one of the nature trails, go for a dip in one of the four pools, soak in the hot tub or play a game of tennis, the resort has everything whether you want to relax or be active. Your room has a fully stocked kitchen and a washer and dryer, saving you money on eating out and packing a heavy suitcase, as well as plenty of living space and a screened in patio to enjoy the Florida weather. With resort wide Wi-Fi, no parking fees, free DVD rentals in the lobby and a friendly staff on-site to help you with your every need, Bahama Bay Resort & Spa is where you want to be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort