Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Serena Inn(Clermont)
Grand Palms(Kissimmee)
  • Restaurant
2,260 results
All reviewstradewinds restaurantlake davenportman made beachcleaning feegran bahamabed apartmentpools and hot tubstop floorwasher and dryermain poolthree bedroomno elevatormaster bedroomdisney parksthird floorminute drivefull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Four visits and there is always something new in Orlando and the surrounding area, so coming back to the same place always ends with me saying to myself "only another xx months before I'm back". Why do I like it so much?
Pros:
* Staff are friendly and helpful; I even had a US mail order purchase delivered for me to collect and bring home. Nothing is too much problem.
* Units are different sizes and many are privately owned. Each is furnished to a minimum standard, but each time is a pleasant suprise to see what yours has. The three bed Abacos units are huge - sleeps 6 in comfort and 8 if you use the sofa bed.
* Zip code says Davenport but the reality is that it is literally over the county line from being in Kissimmee (you pass the county line just outside the entrance). Why is this an advantage - simply because it means that fewer people book here because they think its further away from the attractions than it really is, which means it's never crowded, busy or noisy.
* Disney is less than 15 minutes drive away. Seaworld and Universal a little further but a combination of the US192 and I4 means they're don't take long to get there and back.
* If the big parks are not to your taste, there's plenty else to see. My favourites are Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tour and Orlando Grand Prix karts, both less than 30 minutes drive. Highlight has to be visiting a State Park and swimming with wild manatee - all for the $4 parking fee.
* On site gym, spa and multiple pools - the larger pools are near the clubhouse and bar, the smaller ones generally provide a quieter sanctuary, but still a good size to swim in. All pools have adjacent hot tubs.
Cons:
* There is an onsite restaurant, bar and small shop but if you want variety, you'll need to rent a car although in my experience almost every one does anyway! Supermarkets, restaurants are a short distance away.
* Apartments are not serviced daily, which means no-one comes in to clean and tidy. However, with a large supply of bath and pool towels, and a washing machine/tumble drier for the longer stays, it wasn't a problem when we stayed for 3 weeks. (Each unit is fully cleaned between rentals).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank DadHorley
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here for a Disney vacation. On arrival I asked to be upgraded to the largest condo w/king bed, only a bit more $$. Staff seemed slightly hesitant but accommodated us without complaint. We grabbed lunch while we waited and were very happily fed by a tasty meal. The salt water pool was lovely, the larger, main pool was great. Bit of a drive to Disney but nothing we couldn't handle. Three kids all happy with rooms. Master almost ridiculously huge. Laundry, kitchen (saved hundreds if not thousands on food), parking and grounds all terrific. I recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Annette B
Reviewed February 27, 2013

To start I just want to thank the hotel staff for their warm hospitality. They truly are what makes this resort work! I stayed with my partner and 2 kids ages 8 and 11 both happily entertained throughout our stay! Rooms were huge and lovely at a guess I'd say ours was very recently decorated as the carpets still felt very new! Would recommend a request for this 3 bedroom apartment (block 21 apartment 1003)

Pools lovely and a late night soak in a jacuzzis was right up my street!

Everything so easy to access from here but one word of warning ensure you have a map or directions handy, I messed up mine and left them at home so got to the airport and had to stop and ask for directions all the way! Used a hell of a lat of toll roads due to this error then!

Over all;
Would I recommend to friends - yes!
Would I return - yes
Would I change anything about my stay - no!

100% happy guests!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kayyak85
Keith O, General Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank for the wonderful comments about Bahama Bay. Clearly I think this review was scored wrong but the comments are really important

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a very nice resort. Good for a large family-We had 3 bedrooms and 2 large bathrooms, complete dining and living area. laundry room and little kitchen area. Stayed here for a Disney trip and would definitely stay again. Absolutely loved the outdoor pool area with the little faux beach setup and access to walk on a little boardwalk on lake. A night or two we could even see the fireworks for Disney, and it wasn't too far a trip to get there. And we got to see hot air balloons one day. Also loved the karaoke and little tiki club setup. The only downside was being on the third level and having to walk up all the steps with groceries and luggage and such. But regardless, I absolutely recommend this resort to anyone in the area!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tiffany W
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I and another couple recently stayed at Bahama Bay Resort for four nights in a three bedroom Grand Bahama condo (Bldg 16, Unit 113). This condo is 1,700 square feet and was spacious, well decorated and very clean. Each couple had their own bedroom with connecting bathroom, large closet, big screen television, and sliding glass door to access the lanai along the entire front of the unit. There was also a table and six chairs on the balcony to sit and enjoy the view and warm weather. This complex is very large and well maintained. There are four swimming pool areas with tables, chairs, umbrellas, hot tubs, and a beachy area with chaise lounges. Also saw tennis courts and playground area for kids. This resort is located away from the hustle and bustle of Disney, but is only a few minutes drive to get to stores, restaurants, outlet malls, and amusement parks. I would definitely stay at this resort again because of the tropical setting and quality of the facilities.

Room Tip: Grand Bahama condos on third floor are very spacious
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends