I stayed at the Bahama Bay in October with my husband and 2 teenage children. We booked the condo through a helpful couple Linda & Bruce through Owners Direct and stayed in Building 12, number 401. We had read on Tripadvisor that the buildings in this resort are paper thin and that if there were people above you it could be very noisy, therefore we chose this unit as there was no one above you and was an end condo.
When we arrived the ladies on reception were very friendly and helpful. The condo was lovely and had everything we needed. It had 2 bedrooms, with our room being extremely large with a huge king size bed (some beds are only queen size and not very big) the bathroom was lovely with a large corner tub and very large shower. There was a his & hers sink and lots of towels. Our kids had the other twin bedroom which also had it's own bathroom connected to it. The condo has everything you need in it. There is a patio area which was good when we came back from a hectic day at the park to sit in and chill out before heading back out. When we read some reviews on tripadvisor we were worried as some people were mentioning dirty carpets etc but the condo we stayed in was extremely clean and had new carpets. I was also worried about bugs as when we've stayed in villas before in Florida you can get cockroaches etc but in the 2 weeks there was not a single bug.
The resort is large with 4 swimming pools. Where the unit is that we stayed in, it's near a pool with a sandy beach with very comfortable spongy loungers. I can recommend the pina colada cocktails at the swimming pools bar! There is a small gym on the site which we used a couple of times.
This resort is about 30-35 min drive to the main area of Florida but as we've been before the drive did not really bother us. There are restaurants on the 192 - I would recommend Bahama Breeze for a meal. There is a Super Target also and Publix on the 192 also.
All in all this was a really great holiday and would recommend Bahama Bay for a relaxing Florida holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Lake Davenport is the beautiful Bahama Bay Resort and Spa. Just off the beaten path, Bahama Bay is a hidden gem amongst the theme parks. Take a stroll on one of the nature trails, go for a dip in one of the four pools, soak in the hot tub or play a game of tennis, the resort has everything whether you want to relax or be active. Your room has a fully stocked kitchen and a washer and dryer, saving you money on eating out and packing a heavy suitcase, as well as plenty of living space and a screened in patio to enjoy the Florida weather. With resort wide Wi-Fi, no parking fees, free DVD rentals in the lobby and a friendly staff on-site to help you with your every need, Bahama Bay Resort & Spa is where you want to be! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort