“Relaxing pre-christmas break at Bahama Bay”

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
waterdown
“Relaxing pre-christmas break at Bahama Bay”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Fortunate to have an owner in the family and was able to use the apt for a week in early december. Pleasant staff and easy check in. Map and directions given to find location of unit which was close to Tradewinds.

Due to it being the downtown before christmas rush, the resort was quite quiet and they only opened tradewinds thurs-sun. Although it would definitely have been handy to have it open for the duration, it didn't affect the vacation in any way as most of the days were spent in and around disney and the shopping malls so it was easy to grab a meal before heading back if we didn't feel like cooking. The pool area was really quiet and almost had it to ourselves at one point.

Flew from Niagara Falls NY to Lakeland and picked up a rental car in Lakeland. The resort is in a really good location although you do need a car. No more than 20-30 mins to major shopping and the disney resorts.

No hesitation in recommending the resort.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We got an amazing deal - $75/night for a 3 bedroom condo. Fully equipped. Highly recommend Bldg 11, Rm 305. Thanks to another reviewer who recommended main level. Would not have enjoyed lugging our stuff up the stairs. Parked right outside our door. Great pools. Friendly bar and restaurant staff. Good pizza. But MOST importantly, thanks to Angel, the maintenance supervisor, and his staff who TOTALLY came through for us after we checked out, drove four hours away and realized we left our passports and wallets in the safe!! He worked quickly to find our items, put them in his safe, and triple pack them for Fedex. He even offered to make the delivery arrangements for us but we were happy to do it ourselves. Thank you Angel! We'll definitely be recommending Bahama Bay!

• Stayed December 2011
durham nc
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I came down for Christmas vacation and saw that the resort had over 4 start rating. I'm now starting to think affiliates may play a role in that. Yes the place is spacious and the grounds are nice. But the website puts a better spin on the activities and ammenities than what the resort actually offers.

First there was an issue with the misleading 3rd party booking company which didn't clearly post fees until afterwards. I found that several guests including myself had to cough up an additional fees at check-in, mine was $285 ($200 deposit and $85 fees for a 3 day stay and sadly, this would only go up for those who stayed longer. What irritated me is the fact that the resort had been having this issue with the 3rd party company and fully holds them responsible yet they fail to warn people as well and continue to use that bookit.com. I was mad because I only came down to take my daughter to Disney for her birthday which happens to be on Christmas. This put a HUGE dent in funds ruining our trip plans.

I check in and inspected to see what kitchen supplies were here. I barely tapped the vent of the microwave opening the cabinet above it and the vent face fell down. Obviously they someone knew it was broken but decided to sit it back up there for decoration.

I went to bake some biscuits in the oven for breakfast and the baking sheet and some black substance on it that regardless of how much I cleaned it, it wouldn't come off. I had to ask for a new baking sheet.

After a day out, I came back to cook dinner only to find roaches roaming the kitchen. On Christmas Eve, I realized the freezer was leaking and saw that there was mold under the freezer door. Not only that but the refrigerator stopped working as well. When I called in about it, I was told to wait til morning which caused me to loose all my groceries for Christmas meals.

Sadly, I was better off getting a hotel, it would have cost less, no "hidden fees", and I've never seen roaches in 4/5 star hotels! I won't be back!

2 Thank sugarnspice_11
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2011

we found this holiday by chance we had just come back from a great holiday in march staying at the best western lakeside that my friends said they where going to florida in november and we said can we come too. so we started looking for a good deal to florida tryed the usual tried our usual thomas cook woo too dear tried the internet and after a longgggggggggggggg shearch found jetsave deal too this resort.had a great time here and would come back

Room Tip: had a ground floor room which was ok but remember there is going to be someone above u and if there...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dougmac54
Montgomery
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Pros: large.3 br/2ba for the money, washer/dryer, pac n play and high chair in unit, plenty of towels, nice heated pool ( we only used the one by the clubhouse and hot tub), quick and easy check-in, beds were comfortable, but not plush, nice landscaping, great to have extra space and bathroom with three teenage boys

cons: No upgrades like granite counters, plush beds/ bedding, bedding had slippery hotel type spreads, distance was a little far from WDW for us, but not a deal breaker. Each trip was 15 to 30 minutes depending on traffic which was never really bad except near outlet shopping. TVs were relatively old and small, not flat screens.

Room Tip: We asked for a remodeled room as they told us some had been remodeled. We weren't really sure i...
3 Thank Donna03
White Oak, Georgia
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Decided to take the kids to Unversal for a long weekend. We heard about this reort from a friend at work, the price was right so I decided to try it out. We were surprised to find the condo so large, 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. Large living room and kitchen. It was on the third floor with no elevators but we have teenagers and they carried everything up. My opinion, for the price I can do without the elevator. Check in was fast with no hassels about buying anything. The $200 security deposit was charged and then removed at checkout. The resort fee was only $5.95 per day. There was 4 heated swimmin pools and free DVD rentals at the clubhouse. Sports equipment for the facilities could be reserved and used free of charge. We were in building 5 and at night we could see the fireworks from Disney. It is only about 20 min. from Universal and close to grocery stores. For a little over $100 a night for a 3 bedroom, we will use this place again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms a quieter.
1 Thank Chuck S
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My husband and I first came to this resort February 2005. We decided to go back since we had a nice experience and the place was ultimately very clean, etc. We wanted to take our children to Disney, this resort is actually great in proximity to the Disney World theme parks. However, in our recent stay that we came back today I have to say we were very disappointed due to sanitation of our villa. We found 3 large cockroaches in the villa, a medium-size beetle on the leg of my son's bed, small bugs all alongside of the window and another next to the sliding door. We didn't complain much but we did mention it to front desk they offer to do pest control in our villa for the following day. We also came together with another couple and they rented next door to us and they too found 2 large size cockroaches in their villa. This is disgusting! What upset me the most was when I went to shower at night I grabbed a towel from the rack and in between was a large silverfish bug. I then reported it to front desk as our family had enough with bugs and asked for fresh towels. We never got our towels at night because Front Desk had mentioned that they don't have towels in the Front Desk that security would bring me towels from another villa. I never received towels at night or the next morning. I complained and the only thing Bahama Bay did was extend our check out time an hour later.

In the kitchen, some of the plates were a bit dirty with food residue (looked like egg residue). Bathrooms were pretty clean not counting the towels with bugs though, the bedrooms seem clean and average, the living room was clean although the arm chair of the sofa was a bit stained, but the sofa was pretty comfortable. The villa was equipped with a highchair, vacuum, and even a pack n play which was pretty nice.

I don't think we would stay here any longer even though we have had a great experience in the past. Front Desk was not very helpful in bringing me clean towels. For the most part, its ok... ehh...due to the bugs...

By the way, read all the fine print. At arrival you do have to pay a $200 security deposit that has to be available and it is deducted out of the account so you cant use the money, it takes 3-5 days to return the $200 after check out.

2 Thank MrsG4boys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
#16 of 152 in Kissimmee
Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston

Been to Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!