This year was the thrid time we have stayed at Regal Palms. Several factors in returning to this location were: price, amenities, townhome. We thought we'd try a different place after our lacklustre (not disappointing) experience 3 years ago but we could not find another resort within our desired pricepoint with the waterslide, lazy river, pool, hot tub, playground area for our kids. So, we set out to find a townhouse that had mostly tile flooring instead of the normal carpet that is standard. We found a great place on vrbo.com, owned by folks in Denmark. It was great! The standard construction and fixtures of these homes in Regal Palms are average. They are built for rentals - nice enough to stay for a couple of weeks but I would make some serious upgrades if I were to live there. The folks who own the unit we stayed in are continually making upgrades - tile floor was installed on the main level, new carpet in the last 4 months upstairs, freshly painted within the last 2 months. It was a great unit for us! Lots of room for my family upstairs and for my inlaws in the second master on the main level (with ensuite). It has 3.5 baths altogether. Each townhouse is owned by various people with a few owned by the resort itself. Check in for us was smooth and efficient - probably because the communication was smooth and efficient between us and the owner and the owner and the resort. The owner had a manual on the coffee table with all the information we needed to help us enjoy our stay should something go wrong. So when we had an issue with the front door pin pad, the management company they use was very attentive, professional, and quite friendly. Very positive experience this year.
As already mentioned, we knew we'd be hanging out at a pool and our kids absolutely loved the waterslide, lazy river, "warm pool", hot tub, playground area. With a tiki bar, Banana jacks restaurant and convenience store, we had all we needed right on the resort. I used the gym once - dumpy old equipment - very disappointing. The landscaping in the whole securely gated community is top notch. Very well maintained.
It's about a 20 minute drive to all the Walt Disney Parks; Highlands golf course is next door; Publix, CVS pharmacy, Applebees, banking and some other small retail shops are within walking distance.
Yes we would stay here again if we find ourselves in the Orlando area IF our kids are still small. If they are teenagers before we go back we're likely to try some place different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regal Palms Resort & Spa is a private Resort consisting of bars, restaurant, health spa,gym, a spectacular pool area with water slide and lazy river, 24/7 check in, guest services, theme park tickets and Banana Jacks childrens restaurant and gaming center. The resort is surrounded by 598 privately owned townhomes and 700 pool homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Regal Palms Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regal Palms Hotel Davenport
- Regal Palms Resort And Spa
- Regal Palms Davenport
- Regal Palms Resort Florida
- Regal Palms At Highlands Reserve
- Palm Regal Resort