“True hidden gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in Posner Park shopping plaza Davenport Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The location isn't upscale, and the decor is OK but underwhelming. But, make no mistake - this is a real hidden gem. The food was amazingly good. The chicken parm was one of the best we've ever had. The salads were fresh and crisp. The steak was nicely seared. The pasta was delicious.

Service was friendly but inexperienced. There's a lot that could get better here, but the food is truly outstanding.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The restaurant was bustling on a Monday evening. My party of two was lucky to get one of the last few booths. The others quickly filled shortly after our arrival. Two large parties filled the tables in the middle of the restaurant. The two waitresses were extremely busy.
The Insalata Misto salad (mixed greens, gorgonzola, bacon in a vinaigrette dressing) was delicious. I’m not usually an eager salad eater, but I was licking the bowl of this salad in order not to miss a drop. The chicken piccata was equally delicious, and came with crispy potatoes and choice of vegetable (broccoli, asparagus, spinach or mushrooms this evening). My only complaint is that I wish they gave you more sauce with the chicken – only the bare minimum was drizzled over the chicken. It also came with a basket of bread with seasoned olive oil for dipping. Most entrees were $14, which is pretty reasonable for the Orlando area. Steaks are in the $20 range. Gluten-free pasta is available for an additional $2. Salad is not included - we ordered it separately as a starter.
Even though our waitress was very busy, she was attentive and service was pretty prompt, considering how busy the restaurant was. I would recommend this restaurant and would definitely return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went here just last night with a group of twelve. No one got the steak because of the price. Food portions were good but $14. for lasagna is too much. No salad included. Service was OK.... not outstanding. All of the twelve agreed that this place is priced too high for what you get.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The steaks are just what they claim, "The best in town". We're looking forward to going back real soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went here a few weeks ago. We had heard that the owner/chef was a chef at one of the Bravo restaurants. We could see why as he copied many of the exact same recipes that Bravo offers. We like Bravo very much so we did like his food.
However, when I was about 3/4 thru eating my salad I bit into something that felt like a rock. It turned out to be a piece of china from one of the plates. I let the waitress know and she barely apologized noting that that sometimes happens when a plate chips. She did take it off of our bill. However, if I was the owner/chef working that night in a small locally owned restaurant I would have come out and apologized profusely. He never showed his face.
I like Italian wedding soup and wanted more than a cup so I asked for a bowl. A bowl wasn't on the menu but I assumedthat here, like in most restaurants, a bowl would be a couple of dollars more than a cup. The cup was $4.99 which is rather high. I was charged $10.00 for a bowl of chicken based broth with some orzo and a few meatballs. It was not thick, mostly broth. When I questioned this, the waitress agreed that it was high and said that she had told the owner/chef previously but he said that it wasw twice the quantity so he would charge twice the price.
When we were leaving the chef/owner, waitress and a waiter were standing at the hostess station and I stopped to speak with them. I asked the waitress if she had told the owner/chef of my concerns about the price of the soup and she just looked at me. I then asked the owner/chef why he was charging $10 for a bowl of soup and he gave me the same answer as the waitress. He said that he was sorry for the inconvenience but that was the price. I told him that I would be going to Carrabbas from now on where you could get a large hearty bowl of soup for $6.95 and not find pieces of china in my salad and he just looked away.
Don't get me wrong, the rest of the dinner was good but this owner/chef obviously didn't know how to run the restaurant or treat customers.
I won't be going back and will not recommend this restaurant to friends.