“'s okay”

Description: Located in Posner Park shopping plaza Davenport Florida
Tampa, Florida, United States
“'s okay”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I didn't even know this restaurant was there until I saw one of the local coupon books that are left for free in different locations around town. This restaurant is located in the new Posner Center in Davenport Florida right off of I-4. You can tell it's geared toward tourists and vacationers in a strip mall. I went today on a Tuesday(08-21-12) at noon. I was expecting a wait. Instead there was no one there. Hum, red flag? A very pleasant, clean young lady was a hostess/waitress and said to sit anywhere I'd like and she took my drink order. Someone should tell the "chef" and the kitchen staff that a non busy front of the house and a bored kitchen makes for very loud conversations that can be heard by all. Even though the "all" was just me. The restaurant seemed to be clean but, the floors could have used a sweeping. They were tile, shouldn't be too hard to do. Older looking tables with a few scratches and a thick coating of shellac on them made them tacky. Sticky I mean. The booth I sat in was nice and clean but the bench seating had a loose long pillow on it that did nothing for cushion and it slid. I had went online to look at their menu beforehand so I knew I wanted to try the veal parm right off since very few restaurants carry it anymore. While I was waiting I looked over the wine menu. Nice, small. Could keep you busy I guess. A bottle of average wine called Mezzacorona that you can get for 12 bucks for the large 1.5L at your local grocery will cost you a cool 19 here for the 750 ML. and/or 5 bucks a glass.
What you order is exactly what you get at this place. My Coke came in a plastic glass, the silverware was the cheap thin kind that always looks water spotted. The surprise came when the waitress brought the Italian bread with garlic infused olive oil for dipping. (what ever happened to garlic bread?) The oil was excellent and the bread dense and good tasting. No salad. That would have been extra I guess. The plate/entree came with a nice mound of al dente fettuccine with Lots of olive oil drizzled over the top. I hope you like olive oil. The veal parm appeared to be breaded there but as you chew the meat you can almost hear the graininess of the fiber of it. Kind of odd don't you think? The sauce was nothing to write home about. Not much flavor but never fear the ever present and lazy in my opinion, mozzarella cheese was melted over the top to cover the lack of flavor in the sauce. I don't really think this was worth the $16.50 it costs but again, I was in the house of tourist not far from the mouses house. (Disney World) After eating half I ordered a Tiramisu. Wish I could tell you it was fabulous. I can't. A little 3-4 inch square of the dessert was in the center of a plate that was big enough for a whole cake and it was swimming in what I'm assuming was supposed to be coffee or instead of coffee liqueur. If it was made in house they need to fire the patissier or baker cause this was no where near worth $6.50. So for one person my lunch was $26.74 don't forget to add on the 5 buck tip. It's not the waitresses fault the food was at best average. I will give it one more chance. The old two strikes theory. Or just enough rope to... well you know the saying. It's up to you if you're feeling adventurous enough to try the place. Good luck.

• Visited August 2012

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Really good, fresh food!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped in for lunch. Hubby and I shared calamari and it was excellent, nice and light, served with marinara and their own aioli sauce. Minestrone soup was very tasty with nice fresh vegetables. We both had chicken panini sandwich and my husband had the caesar salad. All very good and very fresh. We could not resist dessert since they make their own, so I had tiramisu. Sooo good. Order this dessert and you will not be disappointed!!

Visited August 2012
Haines City, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stopped in a few weeks ago for a snack and ordered the roasted pepper & mozzarella bruschetta. Fresh ingredients, perfectly cooked, and just enough for a snack. So, while shopping we decided to have lunch yesterday. Chicken Parm sandwich was tender, but rather ordinary. Tuscan Chicken Sandwich, however, was excellent. Warm dipping bread with lightly seasoned oil was a nice touch we did not expect for lunch.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Lauderdal
“Worth driving 50 miles for.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Opening in 2011 we discovered this place in a strip mall off I-4 and US27. Great Italian wedding soup, mushroom bruschetta, flatbread pizza and creme brûlée. So fresh, so creative and so consistent after 4 visits. Wish they were in my hometown. :(

Lake Wales, Florida
“Fantastictico!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is the best Italian restaurant I have found in central Florida! The warm Italian bread with the garlic-infused and perfectly spiced olive oil for dipping is a great prelude to a wonderful meal. The Shrimp D'Oro is outstanding. It contains lots of large shrimp, spinach, and perfectly -cooked pasta. The house salads and Caesar salads are well prepared and large enough to share. The desserts are varied and and yummy from the Tiramisu to the Cannolis. The servers are very efficient and pleasant. Our toddler grandchild was with us and was well taken care of with crackers and a drink although she ate her own food that we brought with us.
We will go back again and again and hope they open a new one closer to us.

• Visited May 2012