“Better than I thought it would be”

Days Inn & Suites Davenport
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed May 24, 2014

They seem to be bringing it up, the price was very good the bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly (they treat you like a 5 star hotel would, the 5 star actually could use these guys) We got checked in by Mike and I was very impressed with him, very polite, upbeat and answered all my questions. The maintenance man Keith was the same way so friendly and helpful. No problem with none of the staff, the morning ladies were also good and cheerful (Moreen I think is her name). They need to upgrade the carpet etc but that's on the owners not the staff, for the price we paid we were happy. I just can't tell you enough the staff really helped with our stay even though the place needs major upgrading but they kept up with what they have to work with and clean. If you want 5 star pay for it because once this place upgrades there prices will probably go up but I hope not to much and please stay pet friendly. I was in the back, bottom floor king bed, pet friendly no smoking (stayed 3 nights). And I look under all my mattress where I stay and there were no bedbugs.And my wifi worked very well, this is my last night here and I'm typing this :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CindyWaynesvilleGa
Maureen M, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will let the staff members know that you were very appreciative of them and that your stay here was enjoyable and relaxing.
Hope that the next time you are in Davenport, you will spend your time here with us.

Again, thank you for your kind review.

Regards

Reviewed May 5, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

After talking to staff over the phone I thought this was going to be a great hotel !!!!! Was I wrong!!!! The lobby was well maintained. The lady that check me in was nice. My problems started after I took a shower one of our shoes was soaked we thought it was because we just left the pool. I dismiss thinking anything else. Went about my day Friday night came back in took my shower when we notice all the water between the wall and the bed I went up front to address the issue with the staff (Jawan) i was told he was the only one on duty and he could not move me because the hotel was full and he could not refund my money for the two rooms because he was not authorized to give refund his manager would be in about 830a.m.. I took my family out. When we came in about 1 a.m. my neice sat on her bed and jumped up screaming !!!!! there was four or more roaches crawling on her !!!! On her bed was more roaches (as if they was having a party on the bedspread). My sons took pictures as well as video of them in the room. I went to the front desk to tell of the roaches. The staff was checking in someone I was told earlier there was not vaccanies! I told (Diana) what happened the room. She tried to accomodate me by putting me into another room she promised to pass the message down to the hotel manager. The next morning I spoke to a Ms. MacDonald. She said she would refund my stay for those nights (she did not) The whole time talking to her the owner (Cakkos) was in front of me never saying a word. Family went out Saturday came back in children went to bed. 345 a.m. my children waking me up because of bedbugs !!!!!!! Again Diana comes to the room, she acknowledge the bedbugs she changes my sons room. I asks her to have Ms. MacDonald to phone my room when she gets in. I left to go to Wal-Mart to get wash for where the bedbugs had bitten her at. Ms. Donald call said she would refund my stay in room 129. I went back to sleep. 12 noon my sons wakes me up again to tell me the man (Jawan) was telling them they had to check out I told them they had a late check out because of what happened the night before. Jawan called them again so I called the front desk to ask him why was he bothering my sons about check out if I was told we could check out later. Jawan said to me " that check out was at 11 a.m. Ms MacDonald told him to tell them to get out! I told him I don't think so not on this day she did not. He said to me watch and see. I asked him where is Ms MacDonald.
To Keep this short..... We checked out a little after 2 p.m. Ms MacDonald refunded me back for only one room. I have tried several times to phone the owners I have left four messages, no one has returned my calls.
I will upload photos if this site allows me to.

Room Tip: Beware check out your room before paying