“We loved every second!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Stuart, Florida
“We loved every second!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I posted this (I wasn't looking, and I should have been) on the IOWA Davenport Days Inn earlier, but the review is for THIS hotel. First of all, and this is the main reason I'm leaving the review, the hotel staff was WONDERFUL. The Front Desk Manager, whose name was Bev, was just as wonderful as I could have wished - knowledgeable, friendly, the very epitome of helpfulness, calmly and politely answering all my questions (since it IS hurricane season, and I did want to know whether the no cancellations/no refund policy would have been amended in the case of not being able to travel in the wake of Irene, who is, even now, barreling towards the Carolinas - Gods help them) and just being, all around, the very model of a perfect front desk manager. That ALONE made me look forward to my trip even more than I already was, and when I got there, I was FAR from disappointed. The room was clean and well kept, and the price was great, to boot! This is our second time back here to this location in a year - and it will CERTAINLY not be our last.

Room Tip: Do compare rates across all the different sites, and DEFINITELY book at least two weeks ahead of tim...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gotoorlandohotel, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
thank you for your recent kind comments, we always try to offer superior customer service and a quality product. Please come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Keystone Heights, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is the worst smelling and dirty hotel I have ever seen and the staff was horrible with the exception of one. This hotel is suppose to be upgraded and it's not. The lobby was okay but when you go into the room O my goodness. When I called the hotel room directly to book a room, double bed, refrigerator and microwave the representive ensured me that I would have that however, when we got there, we had no refrigerator and the room was so nasty and old. After complaining (the gentle men was nice) he gave us a suite with mircrowave but, that room was so gross, it was like a old hotel. We decided to stay the night since it was late (traveling with kids) and just check out in the morning. When we went to check out in the morning it was a hastle just for us to get our money back for the night we were not going to stay, I had to end up calling corporate and complaining (finally got m refund). Overall, old rooms, very smells awful and rude staff. O yeah, lets not even talk about the continental breakfast...what a joke.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
gotoorlandohotel, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
We are so sorry that your stay with us was less than memorable. Although we strive for perfection, sometimes we fall short, as we did in your case. Housekeeping issues are addressed immediately and new training techniques are being implemented. This hopefully will eliminate this type of problem. Our breakfast is Days Inn Standards Daybreak breakfast. It includes many items for an expanded continental breakfast, but down not include eggs or meats as some of our competitors are required to provide. Our apologies if you misunderstood what a Daybreak Breakfast includes.

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments and please note that we take all comments seriously.

Best regards:

Bev T
Norfolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Will never stay here again. We left a huge coffee thermos in our room when we went to Disney for the day and when we arrived back it was late so we went straight to bed not realizing the thermos was missing. We got up the next day doubled checked the room to make sure we had everything and then checked out. We didn't notice it was missing until we got home and was unpacking. We called the hotel to see if they had it and at first they didn't know what we were talking about they said they would have to give us a call back. Well the next day they called back and said that they had found it in the room after we had left which was a lie because we checked and double checked to make sure we had everything. Then they said they would send it back to us and charge our credit card for shipping. How messed up is that they take your stuff and then want you to pay them to send it back to you. Sorry we ever stayed here lesson learned.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gotoorlandohotel, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for your recent comments concerning your stay with us. We welcome all comments and appreciate you taking the time to let us know your concerns. I have checked into your complaint and we have taken steps to ensure that something like this does not happen again. As I told you on the phone the day I called you, the theromos was logged into lost and found on the day of your departure and we would be glad to ship it to you. Please let me know if you have changed your mind about having ir shipped.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future:

Best regards:

Bev T
Oxford, MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

This was an older motel, but it was clean and quiet with a few nice amenities (pool, free breakfast and wi-fi) that I wouldn't expect at the low rate I got...I think it was $29 a night before tax. The room was basic, not too small (like some Motel 6s). Only room complaint was we had reserved the room for a family of four, and the room came with only two sets of towels. Also, the carpet was a little dirty (based on the not-so-white socks on my feet), but the room and bathroom looked like it had recently been updated. I liked that entire motel was smoke-free (clerk even reminded me at check in that no smoking and no pets were allowed). Grounds were kept. There were a lot of families there. Breakfast was pretty basic (cereal, pastries, juice, and a waffle maker). We stayed here to see Disney World - not a bad drive, about 10 min. on I-4 to the closest Disney exit. Several places to eat and shop close by, and it was easy on/easy off the interstate.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent kind remarks. Although we always strive for total guest satisfaction sometime we fall short. It is nice to hear that we lived up to your expectations. Again thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Best Regards:

BevT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

My sheet had a whole in it. Sheets looked like they were used and not changed . Should I say more. Ok found remote on the floor. The least housekeeping could do is pick it up. Bath tub dingy. Hmmmmm. Price great but cleanliness is zero and that means a lot for me to have a good night sleep.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

condescending desk help and penny pinching management you'll enjoy your stay. We had 3 people in the room and started out with 2 (yes, TWO) towels. Had to ask for more. I requested a refridgerator and they charged me $15!!! For one night!!!

Days Inn advertises that if you forget something (shampoo, toothbrushes, etc.) they can provide one. Well, I forgot to pack our toothbrushes so I went to the desk to ask for one and was told they didn't have any and I could go to the nearby gas station and buy one!

Internet reception in the rooms was off and on but okay in the lobby.

But other than that, it was a nice place to stay: the room we had was very clean and smelled nice upon opening the door. The pool and hot tub were clean and I felt comfortable letting my kids swim in it. The breakfast was nice with a good selection of pastries and cereals, waffles for those who eat them.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cynthany
gotoorlandohotel, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Davenport, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time offer your comments about our hotel. We strive for a memorable guest experience and seem to have fallen short. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate department heads to ensure that they do not happen again.

Again thank you for staying with us while in the Orlando area, we appreciate your business.
Lanagan, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

great breakfast!! they even had belguim waffels...fresh!!
the rooms were small, but they were clean. we used the no disturb sign,
so i cant comment on daily cleaning, but when we saw the lady she was kind enough to give us some more coffee off of her cart. the location was good, but it was about 10-15 minutes west of disney, next to the KAO campground.
pros- clean and quite
cons- small rooms, and they could use better pillows

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words. We know that you had a choice of lodging and really appreciate you choosing our hotel. Please come back and see us again soon, we really appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#7 of 14 in Davenport
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Days Inn & Suites Davenport? Share your experiences!