I posted this (I wasn't looking, and I should have been) on the IOWA Davenport Days Inn earlier, but the review is for THIS hotel. First of all, and this is the main reason I'm leaving the review, the hotel staff was WONDERFUL. The Front Desk Manager, whose name was Bev, was just as wonderful as I could have wished - knowledgeable, friendly, the very epitome of helpfulness, calmly and politely answering all my questions (since it IS hurricane season, and I did want to know whether the no cancellations/no refund policy would have been amended in the case of not being able to travel in the wake of Irene, who is, even now, barreling towards the Carolinas - Gods help them) and just being, all around, the very model of a perfect front desk manager. That ALONE made me look forward to my trip even more than I already was, and when I got there, I was FAR from disappointed. The room was clean and well kept, and the price was great, to boot! This is our second time back here to this location in a year - and it will CERTAINLY not be our last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel was bought recently and has been upgraded and is under new management and has a new staff attentive to hotel guest needs and services. We have clean and comfortable rooms at great prices. Our location is excellent, right off 1-4 on Highway 27 but is in a quiet area away from traffic noise. We have 2 room suites, Double beds, King bed, Pet rooms(pet fee applies), and rooms for the handicapped, rooms with fridge and microwave (fee applies) and smoking rooms. The hotel amenities are excellent, such as a heated pool and spa, free continental breakfast, in-room coffee maker and in-room iron and ironing board and hair dryer,free WIFI, free HBO and over 30 other channels, computer and fax in the lobby and guest laundry facilities and 24 hour check in. The hotel is within miles from Disney attractions, Universal Studios, Gatorland and other attractions like Busch Gardens and area casinos are not far away. Shopping is 5 minutes from the hotel at the Posner Park Mall with over 30 stores like JC Penny, Belk, Ross, Staples, Dicks Sporting Goods Store and within miles from Wal Mart, Eagle Ridge Mall, Lakeland Mall and The Loop. There are great restaurants in the area such as Bob Evans right in front, Perkins, Cracker Barrel, Beef OBradys, Dennys, Sonny's Barbecue, Manny's Chophouse, McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Cici's etc. We are right across from I-4 and US Highway 27. Local golf courses are within a few miles such as Southern Dunes, Highlands Reserve, Ridgewood Lakes, Falcons Fire, Deer Creek Golf Resort and Disney Courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Davenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Davenport
- Days Inn & Suites Davenport Hotel Davenport