“French food in Davenport?”
Review of Paris Express Cafe - CLOSED

Paris Express Cafe
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: French Authentic Cuisine since 1921!
Baltimore, Maryland
“French food in Davenport?”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The empty parking lot on a Friday night should have been our first clue that there is a reason the place wasn't busy. The atmosphere was dismal. There were so many things on the table - 2 signs and a clunky lamp in addition to the typical condiments - that you barely had room for your food. I'm not sure how you can mess up a "garden salad" which consists of romaine stalks, chopped tomatoes and dressing but they did here. I asked for oil and vinegar and got just oil. My son ordered the pasta as his side and we asked for butter and parmesan cheese and got just oil. The crepe, pancakes and omelette were tasty but overall the whole experience was not enjoyable. We won't return or recommend this place to anyone else.

• Visited April 2013

Hawes, United Kingdom
“New menu even better”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I must admit I'm a regular here, after golf it's either a breakfast... Benedictine is awesome or lunch... The burger or chicken wrap but evening the entrees are now really special... Not the cheapest around but cozy great service fantastic food on every visit for me and luv the wine list.

• Visited April 2013
“Not worth the money!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here today with a bill of 65.10. We split an appetizer , had 2 entrees and 2 glasses of house wine. Small portions and very average food. We cook better at home! Atmosphere ok, but rather loud vocal music did not help. Will not return!

Dallas, Georgia
“Wonderful food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went to the Paris Express for breakfast and got the Quiche Lorraine. It was exceptional! My sister and I shared one and still had more than we could eat. It takes a little time to get the food but that is because it is freshly made when you place the order. And it was well worth the wait. The staff is very friendly and made the meal more pleasant thanks to their demeanor. Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely go back again.

• Visited March 2013
United Kingdom
“Nice Pleasant Change”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was our first visit to Florida this year, and after seeing the reviews on trip advisor, we decided to take a look for ourselves. We were very pleased we did as it made a pleasant change from the usual Orlando area food troughs. The food was of a good standard and served by friendly easy going people. They seemed to be a hit with the local people also as they were frequented by some that obviously had a bite to eat but also used it as a social meeting place. Perhaps like one might find in a British pub.( Sadly a dying estabishment with the likes of Weatherspoons etc. taking over everywhere)
Go on, give it a try. You will not be disappointed

• Visited March 2013