“Great food with a family atmosphere!”
Review of Paris Express Cafe - CLOSED

Paris Express Cafe
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Authentic Cuisine since 1921!
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was our second visit to Paris Express. We live nearby and like the opportunity to dine at a sit down restaurant close to home. It appears to be family run and it is a small shop but the menu is quite varied. Breakfast options are available all day. We arrived there about 2:00 for a late lunch. I ordered the quiche, which was huge and delicious. It was prepared in a croissant style crust... very flaky and flavorful. I like the option of being able to choose a side salad, fruit, Paris potatoes (which are like hash browns), or ratatouille. Other people in my party had the French onion soup, the Croque Monsieur sandwich, and a club sandwich. Our waitress was very attentive and with her French accent made our experience even more enjoyable.

2  Thank Linda M

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The service is friendly and welcoming. The food is just scrumptious, fresh well presented. I love the onion soup and the beef stew. But I always make sure to save space for the creme brûlée, I always splurge myself with this pastry, Amazing! The prices are reseanable for the quality of food and service!

1  Thank Zjessy
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Waiting for our order @ Paris Express was defenitely worthwile. On one hand for the very comfortable seats, on the other hand for the crispy, buttery and so typical French croissants, proper coffee; yes, indeed, we drove a couple of miles just to get a decent coffee in florida.

2  Thank Arnaud_ZH
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Do NOT go to this restaurant!!! I never write these bad reviews but I had to say something about the experience I had. My food came out all wrong it was sent back 2 times and it was still not correct! I asked to speak to the manager and she YELLED at me saying she doesn’t give discounts! She said our waitress could take it out of her salary if she wanted! We of course paid; we didn't want to punish our waitress for the horrible kitchen service and the most unprofessional restaurant owner/person I have ever met! Do not go to or buy anything from this restaurant!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Paris Express was recommended to the group I was in town with by the Omni hotel, which is just down the street. One of the members of our party had actually eaten there and thought it was a great idea. We had a part of 9 so we called ahead that morning to ensure we could sit down when we got there.

After ordering we were chit chatting and started to realize we'd been waiting for our food for quite a while. The waitress explained it was coming out soon. When the food did arrive, it was one plate every few minutes, not at the same time (which is completely forgivable in my mind). As we started to eat we realized almost every dish was not as we'd ordered.

Out of the 9 people in our group, 1 order was correct. Some of the mistakes were on things that were changed by us (say, asking for mozzarella cheese instead of Swiss) but most were issues of the food not being served as the menu explained it. One of my friends is a vegetarian and ordered a meal that did not have any meat listed in it's description. As she began to eat, she found chunks of ham in her meal! I ordered the vegetarian omelet, which was listed as including "julienne red and yellow bell peppers, portabella mushrooms, diced tomatoes, and diced red onions." When I received it, it included only mushrooms. Out waitress took the dishes back to bring out corrected versions but many were still incorrect the 2nd time we received them (the 2nd version of my omelet still only had mushrooms and tomatoes but I was hungry). A few of us had even planned to get pastries to take home and changed our minds once we realized they couldn't even make items as they were described on their own menu!

As we were finally finishing up, we asked to see a manager. Considering the fact that 8 out of 9 meals had to be re-made at least once, we were expecting some sort of discount on the food. When my friend explained the issue we were having to the manager, the owner of the restaurant said they were 1 person short in the back but that she could not give us a discount of any kind. My friend let her know, calmly and politely, that we would all be sharing our experience in any way possible if she couldn't have fix the problem. At that point, the owner raised her voice at my friend and at the waitress. She then informed us that she couldn't give us a discount because she "has a family to feed" and basically informed us that she didn't care who we told about our experience.

In the end, we paid full price for food that, in most cases, was never prepared quickly. The entire meal took over 2 hours. The prices are not particularly good (I paid $12 for a veggie omelet and a cup of hot tea) and certainly not worth the hassle.

2  Thank kklausser