“Horrifying experience!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Paris Express Cafe - CLOSED

Paris Express Cafe
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Description: French Authentic Cuisine since 1921!
Jacksonville, Florida
“Horrifying experience!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Do NOT go to this restaurant!!! I never write these bad reviews but I had to say something about the experience I had. My food came out all wrong it was sent back 2 times and it was still not correct! I asked to speak to the manager and she YELLED at me saying she doesn’t give discounts! She said our waitress could take it out of her salary if she wanted! We of course paid; we didn't want to punish our waitress for the horrible kitchen service and the most unprofessional restaurant owner/person I have ever met! Do not go to or buy anything from this restaurant!

• Visited October 2012

Jacksonville FL
“Awful service, mindbogglingly rude ownership.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Paris Express was recommended to the group I was in town with by the Omni hotel, which is just down the street. One of the members of our party had actually eaten there and thought it was a great idea. We had a part of 9 so we called ahead that morning to ensure we could sit down when we got there.

After ordering we were chit chatting and started to realize we'd been waiting for our food for quite a while. The waitress explained it was coming out soon. When the food did arrive, it was one plate every few minutes, not at the same time (which is completely forgivable in my mind). As we started to eat we realized almost every dish was not as we'd ordered.

Out of the 9 people in our group, 1 order was correct. Some of the mistakes were on things that were changed by us (say, asking for mozzarella cheese instead of Swiss) but most were issues of the food not being served as the menu explained it. One of my friends is a vegetarian and ordered a meal that did not have any meat listed in it's description. As she began to eat, she found chunks of ham in her meal! I ordered the vegetarian omelet, which was listed as including "julienne red and yellow bell peppers, portabella mushrooms, diced tomatoes, and diced red onions." When I received it, it included only mushrooms. Out waitress took the dishes back to bring out corrected versions but many were still incorrect the 2nd time we received them (the 2nd version of my omelet still only had mushrooms and tomatoes but I was hungry). A few of us had even planned to get pastries to take home and changed our minds once we realized they couldn't even make items as they were described on their own menu!

As we were finally finishing up, we asked to see a manager. Considering the fact that 8 out of 9 meals had to be re-made at least once, we were expecting some sort of discount on the food. When my friend explained the issue we were having to the manager, the owner of the restaurant said they were 1 person short in the back but that she could not give us a discount of any kind. My friend let her know, calmly and politely, that we would all be sharing our experience in any way possible if she couldn't have fix the problem. At that point, the owner raised her voice at my friend and at the waitress. She then informed us that she couldn't give us a discount because she "has a family to feed" and basically informed us that she didn't care who we told about our experience.

In the end, we paid full price for food that, in most cases, was never prepared quickly. The entire meal took over 2 hours. The prices are not particularly good (I paid $12 for a veggie omelet and a cup of hot tea) and certainly not worth the hassle.

2 Thank kklausser
Aurora, CO
“Funky Breakfast in a Strip Mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were staying nearby so we decided to grab breakfast before a long day at Disney. We walked in and the waitress/hostess/owner? greeted us and took us to an upper level that was not real apparent from the outside. The service was excellent, very attentive, they orange juice was fresh squeezed. I had a bacon/cheese omelet that was very good, the rest of our party had eggs. Everything appeared to be very fresh and they served a little croissant that I did not try but the rest of my party said was very good. It was a little on the high side pricewise but I think it was worth it. Overall, very good service and very good food, I would highly recommend...

Davenport, Florida
“Real French Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The sauces were very authentic and therefore made with real cream and rich cheeses. I had salmon spaghetti which was very good but very rich. We both had onion soup which was absolutely wonderful. My husband had the steak entree which he said was great. We shared a chocolate mousse for dessert which was also excellent. Hint: share entrees they are very large and very pricey.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“HORRiBLE AND GROSS WORSt PLACE ON THE PLANET”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

wORST PLACE EVER!!! wAITEd over two hours for my food !! They got the order wrong! Sent it back and it was wrong again! Was there for over 3 hours ! Never got my order right! food was burned and gross!! complained to the manager/ owner and she would not give us a discount and yelled at me because I complained! Have never been to a ruder place! Who yells at their customers???? She refused to give a discount and they never got our orders right! I left shaking form getting yelled at by the owner! Soooo rude!! never go here ! THiS plACE should be SHuT DOWn!! Don't waist your money or time!! he place was nasty and not clean on top of it!! sHould have all the cops on her!! Will be reporting this place to the better business burro for its rude owner and lack of cleanliness!!