“Fantastic owners, Descent place, good locale...”
other travelers have booked this property
Don't you wish you were here!
Our house Living room with tiled floor
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Our house
Living room with tiled floor
42' TV and DVD player in living room
Breakfast bar next to kitchen
Kitchen with dish washer, fridge/freezer with cold water tap, microwave, burner etc
Dining area, 4 chairs with 2 additional chairs
Master bedroom on first floor with 14' Hampton and Rhodes Premont Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
Twin bed room, TV, chest of drawers and wardrobe
One of the (two) public barbecue areas at the bottom of the road
Separate heated pool and clubhouse
Lazy river
Lazy River
Float on the lazy river
Lazy river
Shallow entrance to heated pool/lazy river
Sun loungers around the pool
Tikki Hut next to the pool
Fitness Room
Children Play Area
Pirate themed indoor kids play area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
Kgraves2
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastic owners, Descent place, good locale, Management could be better”
Reviewed January 5, 2018 for a stay in May 2017

The owners provided great and detailed instruction for getting to and the check in/out process. Very helpful. The unit itself was a little worn, but definitely functional for myself, my spouse, my mother, and my 18 mo old.

Carpet was worn very thin, several light bulbs burnt out, and air filter hadn't been replaces in what appeared to be a VERY long time, many toys missing/broken, cheaper end kitchen utensil (including 3 non-functional can openers).

We contacted the management company and someone came relatively quickly to fix the bulbs, air filter, and investigate the reports that we kept finding cockroaches.
Management said the unit was treated very regularly. When the pest control company arrived, and treated the unit, they informed us they had not been to this unit in over 2 years. We found roaches every day. Keep you food closed and wash all dishes upon arrival!

Nice short walk to the pool area, you can also drive if need be. Grounds well maintained. Nice play space for the kiddos. Good drinks at the pool side bar. Very short drive to a Dollar General for any basics needed, Longer walk, or very short drive to a nice grocery store and other shops that we did not visit (we visited the nail salon in the strip mall for a pedicure.... skip that, really. They were pretty bad, and took forever.)

There were some very useful items for the little one including a highchair, some toys (we bought a couple too and left them behind), some movies (I think, we did not watch much TV while there), and a pack and play portable crib with a sheet.

All in all, I am happy with our stay, and would gladly stay here again, if management steps up a bit and takes care of things the owners are paying them to care for in their absence.

Your age range 25-34
Jan 6, 2018
Many thanks for your review.

The guests stayed at the house in April 2017 and I was alerted to the issues after the stay following my request for informal feedback. It was pleasing that the management company dealt with the issues quickly. The issue in relation to the cockroaches was disappointing but also confusing as the previous guests who had stayed immediately prior to the guests' stay had not mentioned this and neither had they mentioned that light bulbs did not work. The house is supposed to be treated against insects every three months, a necessity in Florida where cockroaches are very common, and following investigation it appeared that the house had missed one treatment with the next one due. The statement by the pest control person that the house had not been treated for 2 years was incorrect and evidence of treatments was provided. Quarterly treatments were subsequently carried out and the management company will ensure that the treatments continue to be carried out at the appropriate times.

Re toy box - the toys are provided on a complimentary basis and unfortunately sometimes bits do go missing as they are not put back in the boxes and this is normally not reported.

The air conditioning filter is replaced every three months and the date when the filter was last renewed is written on the filter. The management company did replace the filter but I was assured that the filter was within the three months period.

Re can openers - I did ask the management company to purchase a new can opener and bin the non working ones. This is something that is not normally checked by the management company and the management company is reliant on guests mentioning anything that is not working correctly.

The house is cleaned after every departure but a thorough annual clean is normally carried out in May after the busy winter period and issues such as carpet cleaning and recaulking of baths was carried out at that time. We visited the house ourselves in August/September and replaced a number of items, including kitchen utensils, pots and pans, bed linen, towels, etc...

I always ask guests for their informal feedback after their stay as I want to ensure that any issues are addressed and that the management company carries out their job. On this occasion a few management issues were identified which could be improved and I am pleased that I was made aware of these issues so that they could be followed up with the management company. I can assure you that the management company has taken note.

I am pleased though that in spite of the issues raised, the guests liked the house and the resort and would be pleased to welcome them back to the house.
HappyGues...
Bridgwater
“Fantastic time at the house and resort”
Reviewed November 16, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed at this house before and love it. The house and resort did not let us down. The house was clean, well maintained and equipped. The beds were very comfortable and the house had everything we needed for our stay.

We love the resort - so relaxing after a day at Disney and staff were very friendly. It is great to be able to spend time at the pool and just relax.

When booking, make sure that you book direct with an owner as you will then know which house you will get. We always had great experience booking direct.

Nov 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your fantastic review and for your lovely comments. I am so pleased that you had a good time. Hope to see you and your family again soon.
Christina...
“Family Trip”
Reviewed February 16, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This was a great place to stay. Our first trip to Disney, we stayed at a hotel in Disney Springs and took a shuttle back and forth to the parks. This time, there were five of us so I thought we'd be much more comfortable in a condo and having a rental car. Boy was I right! The condo had plenty of space for the five of us, the kids loved the pool, and having a kitchen and washer/dryer was great. The drive to theme parks was less than thirty minutes. Facing the other options of cramming all five of us into one hotel room, shelling out for two hotel rooms, or staying in a nice condo with space to relax - I definitely made the right choice.

Feb 17, 2017
Many thanks for the fantastic review. Really pleased that you enjoyed the house and resort. Thank you so much for putting your trust in me.
Road63520...
“perfect family holiday house”
Reviewed October 20, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

A lovely place to stay, and a nice clean resort. It was a perfect family holiday for the four of us, 3 weeks of non stop fun. A well kept house with everything you need, situated a couple of minutes away from the pools and the excellent lazy river. Another plus is should you need anything the property maintenance man lives on site and is a great friendly chap.

Liked best: lazy river
Liked least: BBQ take your own charcoal, so did not use
Traveling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
Oct 21, 2016
Thank you very much for leaving the review and for the great comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Re property maintenance, Lawrence is great and always helpful. That he lives on site is a great bonus and of course handy at times of a hurricane on its way! Thank you for your booking. Ria
marie604
merseyside
“A really great place to stay”
Reviewed July 5, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We were a family of six, grandparents, parents and children who stayed here for two weeks at the end of May and had a great time. Everything in the house was perfect, upstairs was a large ensuite master bedroom plus two other double bedrooms with two single bed in each plus a large family bathroom. There was a fourth ensuite double bedroom on the ground floor proving plenty of room for us and could easily sleep 8. The living area and dining area on the ground floor was very comfortable with the addition of cable tv, wifi and DVDs to entertain the children.The kitchen was very good with large fridge/freezer, washing machine, dryer, microwave and cooker. It was like home from home.

The complex itself was excellent with a very good pool, water slide and lazy river, they even had organised games for the children. Snacks and drinks could be purchased at the bar. About 5 mins walk away there's a large supermarket, pub several takeaways and Applebys restaurant. There was also several other restaurants within easy reach by car.

All theme parks and airport are about 30 mins drive away and the directions Ria gave us to the resort from airport was excellent. She also gave us loads of useful information about the house, resort and the surrounding area.

Our stay in Ria's house was great and added to a wonderful holiday.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Having to come back home from holiday.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Jul 6, 2016
Many thanks for the fantastic review. I am so pleased that the house felt like home and that everyone liked the resort as well. Thank you for your booking and I hope to be able to welcome your family again in the future.
Cambridge
Reviewed April 16, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Traveling group: Young Children
Families with young children
Apr 17, 2016
Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback about the house, resort and me. I am pleased that you had a great time and that I was able to help in making your stay memorable. You were a great guest.
Vanressa...
Ontario, Canada
“Fun, fun, fun!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This was the first time I rented a house and Ria was phenomenal in guiding me though the process and answering all of my questions (thanks Ria!).

The house was great and accommodated all our needs. I loved that it was central to all the attractions such as Universal Studios, Disney World, Sea World etc. The house was also 1.5 hours away from the beaches, which was not bad. We drove to Clearwater and I highly recommend this beach. We also went to St. Augustine, which was also around 1.5 hours away.

When we stayed at the rental unit, we took advantage of the pool at Regal Palms and my kids and I loved it. We loved the pool, the water slide and the lazy river. We had so much fun!

I would definitely recommend this rental unit to anyone wishing to visit Florida and stay somewhere central. I am already planning my next trip!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked that it was central to all the attractions and amenities such as gas stations and grocery store.
Liked least: We had some issues with the television in the living room. It would freeze up. This was easily solved though by unplugging the box and letting it reset.
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing