“Very Nice accommodations”
Sweet Home Vacation - Offering over 1800 beautiful vacation homes close to Walt Disney World! Sweet Home Vacation - Offering over 1800 beautiful vacation homes close to Walt Disney World!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeff R
Austin, Texas
“Good house, Lots of problems”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed 12/22-12/29 in the Solana rental and all-in-all, the place was OK, however a few things contributed to a poor experience for the amount spent. We were a group of 11 people ranging from 7 to 69 yrs old.

1) Booking - I had some issues getting prompt responses from the SweetHomeVacation email address. We were able to get questions answered eventually, but it took numerous attempts to get responses.

2) Arrival - Everything went well upon arrival. No issues with check-in or property access.

3) Unit condition - Numerous issues here:
> Pool Heat - We opted to pay extra for the pool heat but upon arrival the pool filter was busted and water was leaking into yard. We got the property manager to come out and fix the pipe, but the heater was still not functional. The property manager returned again and removed the timer clips on the heater, and that worked for a couple hours, but not long enough to heat the pool. Repeated text messages to the property manager went unanswered so we got in touch with Clement who worked to get the heater fixed on Xmas eve. We were not charged for the days the heater was not working, but it was disruptive to my vacation to spend so much time pushing to get the heater working.
> BBQ Grill - Unusable. I'm a camper and don't mind a bit of grittiness to a grill that's shared, but the burners under the grates were so rusted out as to be unusable. I discussed with the property manager when he was at property on 12/23, and he said that he'd address it with Clement and get it fixed/provide a new one. That was the last I heard of it. No replacement BBQ grill was provided during our vacation.
> Patio - One chair on the patio was broken. No big deal, except that it really should be removed from the property. My father nearly sat in it and it would have collapsed. We removed it from the area for the remainder of our trip to prevent an accident.
> Lighting - One light bulb in kitchen was burned out and one was missing entirely. We asked the property manager on 12/22 to bring replacements, but none were ever provided.
> Game Room - It's the garage.
> Game Room - Ping Pong Table - The ping pong table was 3 sections, badly warped and with the net unable to be clamped in place. The sections were nearly an inch difference in height near the middle of the table. Again not usable.
> Game Room - Pool Table - Figured hey, Ping pong is not working, let's just shoot pool. We removed the sectional ping pong surface and got the balls out of the pockets, then noticed there were no tips on the pool cues. Not surprised by this point (over halfway through week long rental), we didn't even report it.
> Game Room - Foosball Table - This was the only source of fun in the room. We played with it, even though one man dangled loosely on the spinning rod (a screw attaching him was missing) and person on the south side of the table had a decided advantage since the table badly sloped towards the north goal.

We also had quite a time trying to figure out where the switch for the always-on ceiling fan in the living room was. Didn't appear to be able to be turned off since it was > 10' up to fan on vaulted ceiling.

The worst part was my son slept alone in the boy's room, and got numerous red swollen bites all over his torso and legs. Don't know what caused it, but we thoroughly washed everything upon returning home.

The house itself was fine. Rooms looked mostly as promised, and most items worked fine. The lack of good management and the disrepair of the amenities that sold me on this place really left a sour taste in my mouth.

The location of the property is only good if your time will be spent solely in Disney. It's quite a haul to get into Orlando proper, and the restaurant selection in the general vicinity is mediocre at best.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ability to vacation with my extended family
Liked least: The lack of good property management
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Feb 3, 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am sorry to hear about your poor experiences in my home. There are no excuses for any of the inconveniences you had to go through. However I will still offer an explanation for what happened.

Just prior to your arrival, we had a back to back booking where the group checked out on the same day you checked in. Unfortunately the previous group had a party in the house and did a number of damages in the pool area and games room. With the limited time frame, my house keeping team did their best to get the house ready, but could not fix everything up in time. We have since then repaired and replaced all the damages.

I have also requested my management team to increase their staff as we were definitely overwhelmed during the peak holiday season.

All feedback is always good feedback, and we have always learned and improved from it.

Thanks again for staying with us,
Clement Ng

person found this review helpful

UT
Reviewed December 6, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing