“Best value near Disney.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South

Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Florida
“Best value near Disney.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

I have stayed at this property several times in 2010. It is brand new, and has all of the amenities you would expect, including a family friendly basic hotel pool. Comfort Inns are really a gamble - many are nice, but some are truly horrible - so I usually avoid them unless I have prior knowledge of the specific property. This one is absolutely the best I have encountered, and an excellent nightly rate of around $50 during the week has been available since January. It is a short drive to Disney via I-4 or Hwy. 192, and is next to a brand new shopping plaza with a Target, Best Buy, JCPenney, etc. Great for business travellers or families on vacation! (Free parking, and no "gotcha!" resort fees that are common in the Orlando market.)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

We live in Jacksonville and our friends from Nashville were coming down to Orlando and renting a house. We chose this hotel because it was only 3 miles away from the house they rented. I cant say enough about this hotel. It was perfect! Granted it opened in Feb 2010 so it was still "new" but everything about it was fabulous. The room we had was very spacious and clean. Bathroom was big as well. Beds were very comfortable and the lady at the front desk was nice. Their breakfast bar has doughnuts, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs and a waffle maker. The employee working the breakfast area said her boss always asks her what people are requesting and we mentioned yogurt. This hotel is right off of I-4 and is only about 10 miles from Disney main gate. No far at all. The price we paid was $20 cheaper than the Holiday Inn next door. There is a Target, Best Buy, Michaels, Belk, Bob Evans and plenty more stores/restaurants all within 1 mile of this hotel. If I had to say anything negative about it, it would just be the U-turning to get into the hotel. But I can deal with that! When we make our next trip down to disney or when our friends are in town again, we will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel! Kudos Choice Hotels!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Coral Springs, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

My girlfriend and I just stayed at this hotel, and I have to say hands down, if you are driving to the Disney area, you won't find a better place to stay for your money. This is a brand new hotel so everything was nice and clean; the linens were crisp, bed was comfy, rooms were well furnished, it honestly reminded me of my stay at another more expensive hotel, which was three times the price! The best part, we got a really nice size room with a jacuzzi tub inside the room, for only $65 a night! They also had regular rooms for like $45 a night which is a steal for this level of comfort and is better than any of the regular hotels on Disney property which normally go for over $110 per night on off-peak times! The other great thing about this hotel is it was literally less than a 10 minute drive to get to the Disney theme parks because you are right next to the highway. The staff was also very friendly and very willing to help, there was free continental breakfast too! The surrounding area where the hotel is was very safe and actually very pretty because of the hills and greenery (yes, one of the few areas in Florida that's not 1 foot above sea level haha). Basically I have nothing bad to say about my stay at this hotel, the only thing that could be a negative (which isn't the hotels fault I guess) is that although there is a free continental breakfast, you should probably get there early if you want to avoid the breakfast rush. Things did get a bit congested waiting for the 1 waffle maker to make your own waffle. All in all though, we had an excellent stay and plan on making this the ONLY hotel we stay at when we drive back up to Disney in the future. Two thumbs up for sure!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LqSilver
Bradenton, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

I cant say anything wrong with this hotel. itc very clean, the rooms were roomy and well equipped, had a nice TV with decent channel selection, the breakfast is good for a comfort inn, and when we got there the room type we wanted wasnt available so they bumped us to a suite at no additional charge. we wanted to stay over, and requested it the morning we were to check out, and were given no hassle at all.

pool is small but it has some major filtration going on. it looks like river rapids even when no one is in it!

hotel and room was very quiet, didnt hear anyone at all for our entire stay, and our air conditioner froze us out of the room overnight. we didnt realize it was set so low and when we woke up the next morning it was 63 degrees in the room. amazing!

overall I give this hotel a five out of five rating, because its amazing for the price you pay. if you ever stayed in a cambria suites before, the rooms are comparable to them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
grand rapids,mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Loved the fact that the hotel was new. Gentleman at the front desk was extremely accommodating and pleasant. Rooms are nice and modern. Flat screen t.v. Just the right distance from Universal and Disney for us. Not too far not too close. About 15 minute drive. Breakfast was o.k. Didn't have milk for two days. Oh well.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

My family and i came up for a disney Vacation and wanted to stay a little away from the busy area.. about a 10 min drive to Disney.. Let me tell you very friendly people that work here from the front desk to the breakfast lady who is WONDERFUL!!! She was there for your every need even went out and bought soy milk for some guest who requested it!! The rooms were nice and clean, and the beds comfy we all got good nights sleep.. The only down side I'd have to say the bathrooms were a little on the small side.. Oh yeah and all the uturns u have to make getting in and out of there..I'm sure on our next visit well stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

First lets talk about the hotel. Brand new opened in February 2010. The rooms are perfect. I paid around 70 per night and got a junior suite. It had a king sized bed and a ppull out sofa bed. mini fridge and microwave and a great flat screen TV maybe 40". FREE wireless, FREE breakfast, FREE faxes, and Free computers in the lobby. It was ne of those odd moments when i looked at the bill at check out and it only had room and taxes on it NO HIDDEN FEES! Not even for the safe! I Loved It!
Now for the staff: They could not have been better! To my delight the General Manager ran another hotel that I used to frequent in Lakeland. He is by far the best thing at this hotel. His name is Robert Testasecca and he doesn't hide, he's always in the lobby or the front desk talking with the guests. (Whens the last time you experienced that?) deffinitly glad to run into him again!
Housekeeping staff was nice, perfect attention to my needs and kept my room clean for the 5 days that i was there. Amir was working the desk and knows the area quite well. Jahirra, also worked the desk and wow! GREAT SERVICE.
I can not say 'AWSOME' enough!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#7 of 14 in Davenport
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!