“Comfort Inn, Davenport, Fl.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South

Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Dyersburg, Tennessee
“Comfort Inn, Davenport, Fl.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

After leaving a rented condo near Disney, we needed a room for 3 more nights. Since I am a Choice Rewards member and like their points system, I usually start my search with them. Once I locate a suitable property, I then look at the reviews on TripAdvisor. We located this motel and the reviews looked great and the price was RIGHT. I had a code and booked using it to get an extra 20% off their best rates. Friends traveling with us were hesitant because the rates were so good. We booked, then drove over to look at the motel while we still had time to cancel.

This is a fairly new motel, can't be very old at all, EVERYTHING still looked brand new. The worst thing the reviews said about it was getting to it....and they were correct. You can see it from the interstate but good luck in getting to it if you are not using a GPS. From directly across the street (Hy27) you can see the motel but you have to drive about a mile to work yourself back to it. There is a HI next door that shares the same situation though.

They served a HOT breakfast which really surprised me. We had been paying about $15 or so each day for breakfast (per couple) so this saved us even more.

It did take a bit longer to get to the Disney parks from here but the savings made it worthwhile. It usually averaged about 15-20 minutes to get to Disney, a little longer to get to Universal.

Our experiences with this motel were 100% positive. Give it a try if you are looking for reasonably priced accommodations fairly close to Disney.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank wingrider_00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Loveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here during my 3 weeks in Florida. Both times have been very good, friendly staff, clean room and a nice breakfast. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again next time I'm in this area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Malcolm T
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Super spacious, clean, and beautiful room. Great location, close proximity to Magic Kingdom. Great price, great value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Disney parks. .........................................................................

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3-4 days each for 3 weeks between moving apartments. VERY GOOD VALUE. Staff is very nice and accommodating. The manager happened to check me in 2 of my stays and upgraded my room for me. Rooms are great, clean, nice bathrooms. Their continental breakfast is great with omelette, ready to make waffles, sausages, bagels, muffins, yogurt...etc. I would definitely stay here again and would absolutely recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank xhelloworldx
Eagle Mountain, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went there for six nights to visit Disney World. Our trip did not start off well with Southwest Airlines losing my wife's luggage. But when we arrived late in the evening, the staff was so helpful. They offered free toiletries including toothbrush and toothpaste, etc. We had already stopped and bought some of these but the staff was very helpful. They said that the airlines routinely deliver lost bags during the night and they would sign for the luggage when it arrived.

Our room was wonderful with a King bed, a sofa, table, comfortable chair and really clean and in great condition. The room included a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and iron. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom. Everything worked great including the cooling system which operated on a thermostat which was a nice touch compared to some hotels where you just turn on the air and have to play with it to get the right temp.

They provide breakfast each day including fresh fruit, cereals, 'make your own' waffles, juices, coffee, milk, yogurt, toast and bagels. They had egg omelettes and sausage patties. All in all, a good breakfast that was included.

There was a nice outdoor pool but we did not have time to use it. There is a small exercise room with treadmill, etc which was very nice.

We paid $46 per night as we took the pre-paid, non-refundable option when we reserved the room. Very reasonable for what was included.

Now with the only negative about the hotel....its location. The hotel is just off Interstate 4 (Ramp 55 for SR27). However, in order to get there you have to go past the hotel, make a U-turn and then go back and watch closely for Hotel Drive. It is a very small street next to a gas/convenience store and you is not clearly marked. So, we missed the turn the first time and had to rive 1/2 mile to where we could make another U-turn, go back, make another U-turn and then get to the hotel. Once we knew how to get there it was OK but still a little nuisance.

All-in-all, this was a great place to stay and the people working there made it even better. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Disney World if you are renting a car as it is about 10 miles from the parks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JABIII
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

First of all, finding this hotel was an adventure! I've never seen so many U-turns in such a small area! We stayed 6 nights to visit a sick family member. Once we got to the hotel it was worth it. They are very reasonable in their price, the room was outstanding, and their breakfast was hot and tasty! On the first night our smoke alarm's battery needing replacing as it was continuously beeping. They fixed it within 15 minutes. The reception personnel were all friendly and helpful. They had complimentary USA Today newspapers each day. We would definitely stay here again if we come back.

Room Tip: The king suites are very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Art O
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

First of all, the reason I stayed in this particular area was because I was attending a Richie Bros. auction with my dad.

The hotel is in an area where you will find a lot of truck drivers and such, so just to be clear. No surprises make for better trips.

Like other reviewers have stated, this hotel is indeed a bit hard to find because you have to go out of the main road into one that's between two gas stations, but once you get there, there's absolutely no problem at all.

The hotel is well maintained, the rate was dirt cheap ($49.95 all the time), the rooms were clean, the a/c worked perfectly, the bathroom had a good size and the beds were comfortable.

The room also had a safe, mini fridge and microwave, which is always a plus. Housekeeping arrived at around 10 a.m. so the room was always clean by the time we returned at around 1 p.m.

Check in was a breeze and so was checkout. Everyone was courteous and helpful. The hotel includes free breakfast that consists of waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, cereals, mixed breads and fruit. Juices, milk, coffee and tea (that I can remember).

This hotel has a lot of restaurants nearby (Denny's, Wendy's, Bob Evans, to name a few) and a Walgreen's about half a mile away.

I will definitely stay here if I have to return to an auction. If that's not your case (going to the parks or even the outlets) then I would consider something closer to Orlando.

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms are about the same, but the elevator is a bit on the slow side, so if you can...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Alberto G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#7 of 14 in Davenport
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!