“downhill”

Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Let me start by saying that we have stayed here many times during the past two years.We have found that the hotel is slowly,but surely,going downhill.The common areas are in horrible condition.The carpeting is absolutely filthy.The trash buckets were overflowing.The breakfast area was a dirty mess with no attendant in sight the whole time there.The bathroom had a used washcloth hanging up .As usual all the front desk employees were friendly but this hardly overcones all the problems.I'm not usually a complainer,but this last experience was disheartening.The breakfast room chatter echoed my feelings.Sorry,Robert.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bravesfan9
ManagerFla64, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thanks for the response but is I that should be apologizing. You have made several valid points of which I will address with the staff. The carpets are the bane of the industry, and our number one complaint. We have scheduled cleaning for this upcoming week, after Labor Day, to get the carpets cleaned and refreshed. So on your return you should see the improvements as soon as you walk in the door.
And please never apologize for informing me of what can be improved. We respect our guest opinions. You are our eyes and ears. Our guests spend more time in the rooms than any staff member, and we rely on you to tell us how to make things better. We never want to go down hill.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Internet rate of $47/night. Clean rooms and accomodating staff. We were there for a baseball tournament and had to leave unexpectedly after the normal checkout time. The manager was very sympathetic to our cause and didn't charge us for an extra night, or any fees. I would highly recommend this hotel and I'm sure that if you stay there you will be posting a positive review also.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 6CPops
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night and I absolutly loved it! The staff is extremely friendly and the cleaning crew is very prompt, offering fresh towels first thing in the morning. Very clean, room smells clean, I loved it. Beds were very comfy. It is also close to a few restaurants and there's a gas station right next to it. I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cookiez1589
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is located on HWY 4 and Rt 27. My room was on 2nd floor 206 and window as facing Rt 4. In morning it was very noisy I asked for quiet room but did not get one. Rooms on back and North end, or facing Hwy 27 maybe quieter.
Pros - rooms are larger than most, beds are comfortable and has microwave, refrigerator, safe and coffee machine in room. Has discounts on rates for AAA and seniors.
Con- bathroom was small.
Great breakfast choices including fresh Belgium waffles, yogurt, boiled eggs, sausage pattie, Danish, coffee and juice. Except Lemonaid was undrinkable and no salt for eggs.

Room Tip: Rooms facing hwy 27 or North side (away from Hwy 4) could be quieter. First floor may be quieter th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank irene m
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I choose to stay in this hotel after reading the reviews on it. Excellent location..Very Clean and NON SMOKING (EXCELLENT). Very Good Breakfast. The only CON, the beds are too high for me. I recommend this hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Goga171
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My sons & I stayed here one night, before spending the next day at LEGOLAND. We arrived around 10:30 PM, and were checked in quickly by a nice young lady at the front desk. All rooms can be accessed through the lobby or doors on either end of the corridor. We settled into our room right away. It looked just like the online photos. Unfortunately when my son turned on the shower, it sprayed water ALL over the bathroom. The mirror, the ceiling, everything was getting wet. I went back to front desk where I was given a new room right away. The new room was on the third floor with the window over looking the parking lot. The hotel was fully booked- the new room was a handicap room, and the last one available. Although I could hear the road noise, it was not very loud, and did not disturb our rest in any way. We checked out the free breakfast. It was the usual- doughnuts, toast, bagels, cereal waffle station, juice, coffee. We went the Denny's next door. This brings me to the only problem I have with this hotel... the entrance. There is only one way in and out of the hotel. If you are trying to get to the hotel from SB US27, you have to go past it and make a left turn, then a U turn, and a right turn to go back to the entrance- No U turns at the first light. When you leave the hotel, it is a right turn only- meaning you are headed NB on US27. No U turn at the first light, so again left and then a U turn and right again. Not a big deal, but some what of a hassle. Other than that minor issue, this is a great hotel, with very helpful, polite staff. We are looking forward to staying there again soon.
BTW, I saw the maint. man leaving our original room the following morning, so I am guessing the shower is fixed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I loved the bed, the room, the free breakfast. Overall great stay worth it! Great stay! I enjoyed 3 nights here with my bf visiting disneyworld for the first time. Its very clean and nonsmoking! I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#8 of 14 in Davenport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!