“Revised review; Still a good value, but going downhill.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South

Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Florida
“Revised review; Still a good value, but going downhill.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I posted a very positive review right after this propoerty opened in 2010, and continued to stay here on business for the next year or so. It truly was the nicest Comfort Inn I had ever experienced. I was back in the area last week, and stayed for one night. I was very surprised at how worn the facility looks after just two years. The carpets are dirty and stained, and overall the place just doesn't appear as clean as it should. There were lots of little things, most of them housekeeping related, that needed attention in my room. I noticed they have the same general manager, who was always quite friendly and professional, so I am not sure what the problem is, but I cannot reccommend this hotel as highly as I did in 2010. Still a good value though, if you just need cheap Disney-area lodging.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RoadDogFla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Saint Clair, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn the second week of January to visit the disney area for a couple of days. The reviews are right on! The hotel is new and clean with very nice staff. The rooms are huge with wonderful beds and fantastic pillows. The breakfast was great for people that wanted an early start with some coffee and eggs. This hotel is right off the 4 highway so all of the attractions are easy to get to. I really hope this hotel remains so nice , we will be back soon if it does!

Room Tip: Dennys next door!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel & everything was great!

Location was good, room was comfy, service was excellent & we loved the free break-fast. There was plenty to choose from, including cold & hot items.

Most of all, we loved how corteous the staff was & how each & everyone of them, went out of their way - to help us in whatever we needed.

Will stay at this hotel again (we're coming back to Orlando in the summer) & will recommend this hotel to family & friends!

Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed in room 221 1/18-1/20/2013 and when I tried to take showers there was no hot water. Checked in Friday night and went off to Disney, Saturday morning woke up late and didn't want to wait for the water in shower to heat up...seemed like forever. Came back from Disney after 9pm with sleeping kids and tried to take shower but no hot water again. Okay it's late I'm tried so I go to bed without the shower. Sunday AM... I really need a shower...I play around with the faucet for 15 minutes trying every which way to get hot water...even tried the old flush the toilet trick...that worked for about a minute...Okay now I am mad. I've had no stinking shower all weekend. I live an hour and a half away so I guess I have to wait till I get home.
We called down to the front desk to tell them we have no hot water and the front desk person tells us they have had problems with the hot water and have even had people in to fix it but no problem can be found. Her only suggestion was to see if she could find another room for us to shower in.
Sorry, I am checking out... I am not going to schlep to another room to take a shower.
When we did check out I explained how unhappy I was but, the front desk person acted as if it was my fault that I didn't react earlier.
I can over look the small faults of the hotel...well worn carpets, turntable in microwave wouldn't spin, poor located due to road system, small holes in towels. These complaints are petty. The rate was fair but not if the hotel doesn't provide hot water. Why should I pay the same price for a room as someone else who does have hot water?
On a side note..met a man on elevator Saturday morning and he said he had no hot water. His room was located somewhere on the second floor and had to go up to the fourth floor to take a shower.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in December 2011 we had no hot water every morning stuff done laundry this cost my room not to have hot water nobody knew what the issue was manager tried to downplay it made it seem simple let's see how much he likes a cold shower every morning stuff was very hateful and I'm helpful they shouldn't be in the hospitality business iron was crusty damaging my wife's closing breakfast was terrible location was in the ghetto hotel next door had people working on their cars pool was out of service informed me day a recent break and still have no security staff I park my vehicle in the front of the hotel parking lot was dark and creepy after 3 days this was a Christmas vacation we checked out went to the Embassy Suites Downtown Orlando excellent stuff excellent service consider twice before going here staff was rude management till today done nothing to solve our issues

• Stayed December 2012
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you don't mind to drive 20 to 25 minutes to Disney World, Stay here you will save a lot and the quality of this hotel was pretty good. We gave it a 5 since the price we paid was really good and you can cancel it easily before 4pm on the day of arrival. We booked this hotel because of good reviews here at tripadvisor. The room they gave us was spacious and quiet with a sitting area. The room looked very new with updated amenities such as large LCD TV, marble bath, microwave and fridge. The complimentary breakfast was typical with hot waffles and many other choices. Since our flight back to NYC was early in the morning, the front desk lady let us have the breakfast way before their posted time. So instead of getting a to-go bag we enjoyed hot breakfast nicely in the hotel's breakfast area. In general, if driving not a problem then you should like this hotel when going to Disney World.

Room Tip: Our room was kind of facing highway ramp but still quiet, probably will be even quieter if facing th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill L
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to Disney that was cost effective. Since I was a choice privlege member, I checked this hotel out online. It had quite a few good reviews. We were looking for several rooms for a short Chistmas family vacation. I booked two rooms. The day before we arrived, my niece and her family decided to also come. The hotel was booked up, but the staff did find another room. We arrived Christmas day around 2:00 pm. The desk staff were fantastic and very accomidating. As we were checking in, the really sweet lady checking us in said "I think I can do a little better for you." She upgraded us from a double queen to a king jacuzzi suite for the same price. Not sure if it was because we were choice privlege members or by upgrading us, they had a room available for my neice and her family or if they were just being really nice. Regardless, it was very nice of them and we appreciated the upgrade. As for the hotel, it is realitively new, nice rooms, very clean and offers a breakfast. Typical breakfast, nothing fancy and really, really busy. But, there was plenty of food and they did a good job keeping it filled. The hotel is located right next to the interstate. Our room was right next to the interstate and I did hear a little road noise, but nothing overwhelming. The other family members were in two room on the other end of the hotel and never spoke of any road noise. There are plenty of places to eat close by and several gas stations with mini marts. Disney is about 10 miles away. If you shoot up I 4, it takes about 10 minutes. Going up 27 takes a little longer, about 20 minutes. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay. Nice hotel, great price if booked in advance, ($60) not to far from Disney and a great staff that make you fell welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay again next time we are going to Disney World.

Room Tip: If you want a more quiet room, request one away from I 4.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#7 of 14 in Davenport
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!