“It's all about the value.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was impressed by the rate, and needed something in this area so I stayed here for three nights. Overall, I would say that it was an excellent value and could have easily been a a five except for a few minor (but surprisingly easy for the hotel to address) things. For example: the entire time I was there no one replaced the missing toilet paper holder, just left the paper on the counter; when I went down in the morning to grab a cup of coffee, the only cream that was available was flavored, I just wanted plain old unflavored cream; one morning I made 2 cups in the room and they replaced the regular I used with 2 more decafs so the next morning I had four decafs and no regular; the lock on my door was screwy - you had to keep jostling the door in place to get the lock to set, and when I got back one evening the door wasn't latched at all after housekeeping left - glad I hadn't left anything valuable in my room! So none of the things made for a bad experience, and I would stay there again, but it just struck me as odd that a hotel that so obviously tries to do right would have so many little things that shouldn't happen. They need to have some better training or something, then they would be a 5 out of 5.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After staying here a few months ago, we decided to try this motel again. We again got a great price for the night and check- in was easy. Staff was very friendly. We were on the second floor and couldn't find our room until we figured out that the room number had been removed. From last year we can plainly see this motel needs a little sprucing up - there were a few minor things that needed to be fixed in the room. The breakfast was ok - needed more fruit, but with it being included in room rate, can't really complain.Will definitely try this motel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank snickity
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Apart from inconvenient entrance from the highway and the fact that GPS does not recognize the address, all services of the hotel are superb. Rooms are spacious, clean, well equipped with microwave, fridge, coffee maker, safe, TV and internet. Useful information about hotel and local services is in the folder on the desk. I always wanted hotels to provide accurate TV channel information, finally, I found the hotel that does. Breakfast buffet was adequate. Wonderful staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SergeBor
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

When paying around 50. One doesn't expect the luxury that this hotel offers. I felt like I was in a more expensive hotel. I know the rates go up on the weekend but if you need a place during the week near the parks, I highly recommend this hotel. Clean room, comfortable beds, and quiet! Nice table in room and flat screen tv.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank roseofsharongardener
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights while volunteering at Give Kids The World and then came back week and a half later for 2 more nights because it was so good and inexpensive. Right next to Holiday Inn Express and Hampton both of which were quite a bit more expensive. Rooms were very clean and quite large - we had a king size bed. A hot breakfast was included and was very good with many choices including omeletes, TWO flavors of waffles (original and chocolate 1st time and pumpkin spice 2nd time), many types of bread, muffins and bagels. A little southwest of Kissimmee and Disney but right at the Davenport/Haines City exit of I-4 so it was a quick trip to Disney and Universal, and it is the exit for Legoland. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful, especially Omayra at the front desk who helped us tremendously several times. I strongly recommend this hotel for your stay in the area and I know exactly where we will be staying next time we come to the area. Highest rating we can give is a 5 but would rate even higher if possible!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stretch6518
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have stayed here before, and reviewed this hotel before. But we just stayed here again. Originally, Hanna helped us over a year ago, and was super, gave us a reduced rate, etc. Little did she know, that would be such a benefit not only to her hotel, but it persuaded us to most often stay at a Choice Hotel, or at least consider them where ever we stayed and needed a hotel! Sunday night, we stayed here again, and got just as good service as the original time with Hanna, this time with a different employee! We also found out they have two Jacuzzi Tub rooms, and we stayed in one of them, wow, talk about relaxing! Breakfast is the typical eggs (with cheese), sausage, waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, etc, which is not bad, but not great, but everything else was fantastic! If you want a room anywhere near the Davenport area, STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: We've stayed here before in the bedrooms in the back of the hotel, and they were very quite. Th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank yourswflnotary
ManagerFla64, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. It is very humbling to us. We truly strive to be among the best and with guest like you spreading the word for us, makes us quite happy! Please come and visit more often than one time a year though. We truly appreciate your visits and kindness.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here two nights while visiting Legoland. Joyce, the night clerk at the front desk, was very helpful. The breakfast was OK (my son enjoyed the fresh waffles) but I could have used more fruit options. The room had two queen size beds and was fairly large. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. The hotel faces a major highway, but the room was quiet. There are a lots of places to eat nearby. This hotel was a bargain at less than $45/night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank eileen31425

Eileen,
Thank you for letting me and the other readers know about Joyce. She is our newest member of staff. And has really become a shing star here.
Regarding our fruit selection, we have just changed our food vendor due to this specific issue. We will now be rotating, with at least 3 of the folowing: Golden Apples, Red Delicious Apples, Navel Oranges, Bananas, Pears, and fruit cups. Many other Comfort Inn are now doing this as an added feature, so hopefully you will see this at oher hotels soon.
We hope to see you soon, again!
Robert Testasecca

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
#3 of 16 in Winter Haven

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!