“MORE THAN THE FISH”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

There's a lot here that goes beyond the sushi and sashimi. I have had salmon, steak and many dinners that could satisfy those not wishing Oriental. All have been specially prepared and served with a good eye to presentation. Wonderful ambience, good service and a great place to go for those who appreciate atmosphere, and being made to feel that they are not part of the rodeo.

There are newer reviews for Sake

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Pricey for what the food is and how much you get. Ordered tuna lovers sushi roll, had the thinnest piece of sashimi on it you could possibly cut and barely and rice on it. Nice inside but it's supposed to be about the food. Not worth trying

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am a local and I ve been to several sushi places but none like this the fish was fresh the waitress was profecional my husband and I love it best in town!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been a loyal customer of this restaurant since it opened. I used to go to that restaurant every 2 weeks and for me it was one of the best sushi place in the USA. I could not believe it how good this place was until one year ago. I do not know what happened to this restaurant but my Sushi was not fresh, poorly prepared and very very small portions. I wrote an email to the manager and also called the restaurant and asked for the manager/owner to call me back about my bad experience. My email or my call was never returned. Because of this, I boycotted the restaurant for a year. My wife and I decided to go again today. It was worst than my experience a year ago. I had the giozas, they were covered with sesame seeds. I do not understand why. I ordered spicy tuna roll, spider roll, unage roll, california roll and a rainbow roll. The rolls looked like they were made by a newbie who had never done sushi before. Just like my giozas, the sushi were all covered with sesame seeds. The spicy tuna rolls were made with cuts of tuna fish as opposed to the tuna puree with the spicy sauce... the california rolls did not have any fish eggs on the outside and again, everything was covered with sesame seeds. Why why why???

I was so disappointed, I did not eat everything and my wife felt let down by the restaurant.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I went to Sake because we are staying in a vacation rental in Davenport, FL. We were a little leery since the area is a bit remote - not sure if Sushi was there thing here. Boy, were we wrong. The restaurant was GREAT! We has a waitress that was new and a little shaky at first but very sweet girl from Russia. She was very accommodating with our 4 children. They had a lovely selection of wine and sake. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!!!