“Tuscana is a great property, we will be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston

Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston
Nashville, TN
“Tuscana is a great property, we will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2009

My family of 5 (2 adults, 15yr. old, 12yr. old, 4yr. old) arrived yesterday and was greeted by wonderful staff in the beautiful front lobby. We got to our 2 br. condo and we were impressed with the amenities and cleanliness. The unit barely looked used Everything we needed was provided. People who complain MUST remember that this is NOT a hotel, but a self-service property, meaning you can't expect concierge service or a hotel-like environment. The properties that are near the highway are for long-term stays, so for foreign travellers, this may not be the right property for you. For our family, it was perfect. The only issue was a small amount of left over trash in the kitchen trash can, but I'm not a germophobe, so not a big deal. Our kids enjoyed having their own room and own bathroom and I enjoyed having a walk-in closet and a washer/dryer. We will be be back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Kramos09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Hebrew first
Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2009

Our condo looked like it had never even been used! It was beautiful, extremely clean, and big! I have two boys under 4 and it was fantastic! It was just a few minutes drive down the highway from Disney, the pool was awesome for kids, with a beach walkin for little ones (18 mths old) and the pool was only 4.5 ft deep at it's deepest and HEATED!!! Most of the units are within a very short walk to the pool and you'd swear this was a resort in the Caribbean. The staff were very friendly and we wished we could have stayed longer. When we go to Disney again, we will definitely be staying here. The only, and I mean only downside was that the splash pool wasn't heated so it was a little too cool for the kids. Otherwise GREAT and would totally recommend!!!

2 Thank JKingston
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Tuscana resort in Champions Gate and will be returning again in the fall. The Condo was clean and very spacious, with everything you need. Less than half a mile away is a Chili's where you can walk to for diner of a few margaritas. 7-11 sells .02c a minute phone cards to call home. Walgreens is the cheapest place to buy cigarettes in the area, and Publix the grocery store is lovely and clean and lots to choose from. There is a liquor store next door to Publix and the bloke is lovely that owns it.
As for the condo the only thing I would say is if your a light sleeper do not book a ground floor and go for the 4th floor there is an elevator to get you to the top. The walls are paper thin and so are the floors so if you have someone that walks hard of kids jumping up and down they sound like they will land in your living room 4th floor super quiet.
The pool is wonderful with a hot tub, the bar area is run by a fellow Brit Dave and he is lovely. He does a good breakfast and lunch on the weekends. We met some great new friends and at night if you like to see nature you can catch a glimpse of the raccoon in the bin by the pool. Very funny!!!
As for getting to everything like Disney, Sea World and shopping the resort is just off the motorway and a 5 min drive to Disney, 20 min from the airport and the shopping is easy to get to. I highly recommend going to the mall of Millennia as the outlets are good but still high street prices. At the mall you get better quality and newer styles at the same price.
Don't forget to get plenty of dollar bills for the toll ways at a $1 a pop.
By the way there is no scams with this place I booked with last minute and it is all the real deal. No time share presentations no obligations no extra hidden costs.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank britishtex
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2009

I obsolutely loved this place. My family and I stayed for a week and we have no complaints. Everytime I went to the front desk, they were wonderful, they helped me with what I needed at all times. It is a very peaceful area and at a great price, we do plan to go back next year. The area is so clean, the pool was very clean, I don't have anything bad to say about the place. I can care less about a 24 hour person at the front desk because when the office people were there they helped out a great deal. We had a late flight so we got to the hotel at 12:30am and at the front door stands this nice young lady and gentlemen with my reservation and keys. Let me remind you that I was suppose to check in that afternoon at 2pm so I never called to inform them about us coming as late as we did. (That Was A Gamble) It was a very, very, very easy check in I have ever had in my life at any Hotels/Condo. It is close to all stores and if you have a car, Universal, Disney and all the other adventure parks are only 25 minutes away, which I thought was wonderful. As far as security goes every night we seen a security person driving the little carts around the area, because we was on the first floor so we really felt safe. I was so suprised to see the condo, it had a kitchen with all the amentities, washer & Dryer, Iron Board, T.V in each room (so no fighting over who watching what) and the decoration was beautiful from the dinner ware on the tables to the wall and the bathroom I couldn't stay out of. I never wrote a review and I'm glad I'm actually getting the chance to express that Tuscany Resorts I recommend to other visitors, family and friends..IT WAS GREAT!!!! :0)

2 Thank singingvibes
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

Stayed hear for two week at the end of January through to the beginning of February, so lets get the bad stuff out of the way first.
It seem strange with the golf course and the land available in this area why they choose to build some blocks less than a stone throw from the I4 and I therefore understand how noise could be an issue for those staying in these apeartments
Access to the resort is through a large gate and by punching in a four digit code given to you at reception when you arrive, there are no other sign of security not even a fences around the resort and therefore makes the gates seem rather pointless.
The apartments are clean tide and well equipped except when it comes to the televisions there was one 21 inch and two 19 inch no HD and no Flat screen , if each condo was selling for 360,000 dollar in 2007 surely one could have been provide in the sale?
There is no maid service except when you leave therefore cleaning the apartment , and clean bedding and towels etc are all down to you during your stay here,

Although it would appear from my critic above I would be reluctant to return here nothing could be further from the truth, we both enjoyed our stay here , as it was quiet during our time here regardless of the I4, also it is well a way from usual tourist traps of International Drive and Kissimmee but is close enough to a Publix and few other shop for the day-to- day provision without having to venture on to the I4 with its east and west access very close to the resort Exit 58
For those who wish to visit Disney Parks or Down Town Disney it is no more than a exit or two on the I4 east
The pool is clean and tidy and the gym was quite well equipped also a pool towel is provided

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thebairns
Chazy, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

I read the reviews prior to booking this resort and was hoping to find a "hidden gem." NO SUCH LUCK. When I walked into our 3 bedrm. suite, there were stains all over the carpet throughout. It looked like a child with a sippy cup went all over spilling his/her drink. Apparently the maid didn't notice. Also, the shower in the master bedroom was not clean. Someone else's hair was still on the floor. I reported both to the front desk and they told me that they would note the stains. When we returned from dinner the shower had been cleaned. Of course, I had bought cleaner and disinfected it myself prior to using. (Great vacation) The suites are actually very large and nicely set up. If the resort took the time for cleaning and maintenance, it would be a great resort. I got an awesome deal on this room so I cannot complain too much but I would have rather paid more and stayed elsewhere. The pool area is actually nice and does offer a bar and small cafe. This is the best part of the resort. However, this was listed as a 4 star resort on the site that I booked it. It would be lucky to receive a 2 star rating. I cannot believe that it is associated with Wyndham. I would only recommend this resort if people were going to stay in a regular room (Holiday Inn, Days Inn). They could pay the same amount here and get 2 or 3 bedrooms. Just bring your cleaning supplies and don't pay $150 or more cause it is NOT worth it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jkelsh
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed, with another couple, in a 2 bedroom condo. The condo was very clean, nicely decorated and very roomy. We never felt like there wasn't enough room for the 4 of us. Each bedroom had its own bathroom and walk-in closet. The pool/hot tub area was clean and big enough for quite a few people.

My only complaint about the resort itself was that the staff were not very helpful, nor were they very hospitable. However, we really didn't need them for anything, so it didn't matter!

The resort is very easy to find, close to Disney, Universal Studios, and other attractions. There is a Chilis, with great service, very close by. We also found the 7-Eleven, Walgreens and Publix to be very handy.

• Liked — The cleanliness.
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Floridays Resort Orlando
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
The Fountains at ChampionsGate
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston? Share your experiences!