“Additional charge that was unwarrented”

Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was with a group of golfers from MacDill AFB, Tampa, Florida that had rented 21 condos for at least 5 nights each. Due to an injury, I checked out on the forth night of my 5 night pre-paid reservation. The day after I left I was contacted by office staff asking when I was going to check out. I informed them that I had followed their procedures for check out when the office was closed and that I had left my card key in their drop box. They confirmed that the information was understood so I thought no more about it until a charge was placed against my debit card for $94.24 a full 5 days later. I have been in contact with the manager since I challenged the charge with my bank and have had no satisfaction for the last four days. Their excuse is that they have 2 computer systems and are too busy to resolve their mistake. I would never recommend this resort to a worst enemy as they are very rude and uncooperative.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Richard C
tuscana1, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

We appreciate your business. I am sorry I do not understand what happened. You would have been charged for the 5 nights, no more than that. Reservations are non-refundable after 48 hours of check in. I am sorry that no one has been able to resolve this problem for you if you will send us an e-mail to reservations@tuscana.net or call direct to 407 787-4808 I will be happy to try to work with you

There are newer reviews for Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

#1 when we arrived we were greated by Jenny who could use a lesson in customer service and satisfaction! Rude and not accommodating at all!
#2 building 9 is horrible to stay in it is not in walking distance from the pool.....when we inquired about a different room with jenny we were told NO this is NOT a hotel! What ever that means!
#3 $6.50 margaritas at the pool....this is not margaritaville! And they make you buy their food and drinks because you can't bring your own in the pool area or the alternative hop back in the car and drive back to your condo in a wet suit to eat!
The rooms are nice and clean....the shades don't close so if you can't sleep in the light in the early am then you're not sleeping in on ur vaca! we did book this 8 months ago would have liked to be by the pool! they failed to mention A $300 deposit also which was never mentioned when we booked the condo!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Rn1013

We are sorry that we could not accommodate you in a condominium closer to the pool. At the time you were staying at the resort we had a full house and all condos were rented to other guests. Some guests prefer to be in building 9. It is only a 5 min walk to the pool. The Tavern restaurant’s liquor license will not allow other alcoholic beverages to be consumed in the area covered by their license which is the entire pool. It is against the law. Snacks can be brought in for the children. In our confirmation letter and on our web site we tell our guests about the $300 security authorization that is required at check in. If you booked through a travel agent this information is also given to them to advise each guest. I am sorry if this was not passed on to you. I am happy you found the accommodations clean and comfortable I hope we might have an opportunity to have you stay with us again. Thank you

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Well I am sat round the pool on my last day and extremely sad to be going home! Was a little nervous before we came as there had been a few negative reviews, but I cannot fault resort and we are already looking at saving to come back. The resort is beautiful, clean and everything you could need for a home from home, apartment was spacious beds clean and very comfortable, it had every mod con you could need from a washer dryer to a huge oven, microwave and fridge a godsend with small children!

The pool area and bar are lovely clean and our 2 and 6yr old loved it, there were plenty of loungers even when it's busy and the food and drinks are lovely and they have a great happy hour!

You are very close to Disney 15mins and only 25mins from Universal, the local conviences are just a 5minute drive away and about a 20min walk and have a good publix supermarket and walgreens pharmacy, a macdonalds open 24/7 and a lovely restaurant called Chili's amongst a few other things. We flew to Sanford and that was about an hour away and an easy straight forward drive!

All in all an amazing holiday which we have really enjoyed in a fabulous complex thank you Tuscana for a great place to stay and relax :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
TuscanaR, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We are very happy you had a wonderful holiday while staying at our Tuscana Resort. We are glad you found our condos to be the perfect accommodations for your Family holiday. The convenience of our resort to all the area attractions, shopping and restaurants are a plus for guests staying with us. We look forward to having the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at the tuscana resort we had a lovely time there, the apartment was spotless and well equipped,however some things could do with updating ie..tv's and maybe an electric kettle.
We stayed in block 5 witch was quite close to the i4 so we did experience quite a bit of noise.
The staff were all friendly helpful and had a problem with being locked out my apartment one day and after reporting it to reception someone was there within 5 minutes to fix it.
The pool area is lovely and has free wifi and a pool bar that serves food and drinks...my only problem with this was that you was not allowed to take your own food or drinks round the pool so are forced into buying from the bar never had this before at any other self catering apartments we have stayed in before...this meant we had to keep going back to apartment so we could give my granddaughter drinks...this was quite an inconvenience as it was quite a walk to the apartment and because of this we didn't use the pool quite as much as we would have liked to.
The location is conveniently located just off i4 and within a couple of minutes of a publix supermarket, 7 eleven, macdonalds and a chillis and 15-20 mins of disney.
I would definitely consider staying there on any future trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time and write a nice review about our resort. We are pleased your found our condos comfortable for your family. It is not our intention to keep you from bringing beverages for the children to the pool area and this will be discussed with the Tavern staff. We are glad you found our staff attentive to your needs and look forward to your stay on your next holiday to our area.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We arrived at Tuscany on 13 of sept for two weeks this was my first time in Florida, we had a fantastic time there was eight of us in two apartments and both were spotless and trust me they were because im a bit of a tidy clean freak! They were quite big open plan with really good air conditioning and everything we needed the pool area was great bar staff were very friendly. Our toilet was blocked we went to reception to report it and the plumber was knocking on our door in five minutes and he sorted it straight away he was also a really nice guy. There was a supermarket, McDonald's, 7-11 and places to eat just round the corner if u didnt want to go far for something to eat or just have a bite and a drink round the pool - bar if you've had a long day, the food was lovely there.
The parks were about 15-20 mins in the car and about an hour to bush gardens but well worth the ride.
Id definitely stay here again at the same time of the year! I really don't get some of the bad comments on here and would definitely recommend this to anyone although we did have the top floor in block 7 so didn't experience any noise which was a bonus! Overall a great resort.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Mandywright01
TuscanaR, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay at Tuscana Resort. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the pool area and service by our employees. We look forward to having the opportunity to have you as our guest again during your next visit to our area.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very nice place lovely big suites, with great rooms Very quiet area with a good pool and bar. The only downside is if you get a ground floor apartment and have noisy people above I did complain but nothing ever changed. S&D TRANSPATION was great he was always there to take us anywhere we wanted. Disney is about 20 mins away. seaworld, discovery cove and universal about 30 mins

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TuscanaR, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our Tuscana Resort. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the noise from the unit above you. When we are made aware of a noise complaint, we do notify the unit to please be more considerate of the guests around them. We are also glad you found the transportation company convenient during your stay. We look forward to having you as our guests during your next vacation to our area.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

very nice and clean the staff were very helpful ,our two bed suite was great very well kept and the grounds were safe and secure ,s&d transportation (simon) was A STAR ALWAYS AVAILABLE VERY NICE AND POLITE WOULD RECOMMEND HIM FOR YOUR TRAVELLING AROUND ORLANDO ,the only down side was niosey people upstairs we did complain but they didn't stop so a few bad nights sleep !!! also you are out away from the attractions so need to drive or been taken by taxi as they don't do an attraction bus

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TuscanaR, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Tuscana Resort. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our condos comfortable for your vacation. We apologize that you did experience a guest in the condo above you that were noisy; when we are made aware of these situations we do contact the room and ask for them to please try to be quieter. I will pass on your comments about S & D Transportation as we do recommend them for our guest's use. We look forward to having you and your Family as our guest again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Caribe Royale Orlando
#86 of 340 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Been to Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston? Share your experiences!