“visit 9th too 23rd May 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston

Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston
Chester, United Kingdom
“visit 9th too 23rd May 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent location near to all parks.stayed in two bedroom apartment very spacious, clean, and fully equipped. Staff excellent, very friendly, and helpful. First day the toaster would not work, reported it to reception, and within the time we went to the pool, and back there was a new toaster waiting on the work surface.
Pool excellent for children. we were with grandchildren 4 and 2 years old had a fabulous time. meals served at the pool side bar, staff very efficient, and prices very reasonable.
Only concern no safe in condo..............but after 2 weeks stay, did not need it, which is what reception pointed out.

Room Tip: higher floors in apartment blocks ideal no noise from heavy feet pounding on your roof.
1 Thank Jhudson9
TuscanaR, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your Family holiday with us at Tuscana. Our guests love our relaxing pool area with the special area splash area for the little ones! We are also glad you enjoyed the wonderful food and drinks at the Tuscana Tavern. We look forward to having the opportunity to host your Family on your next Central Florida vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

2 weeks ago my wife and I decided we were going to spend the weekend at Disney World and use the last few days up on or Florida resident passes since they expire on June 7th 2013. Originally we were just going to drive back and forth. After all, it is only an hour drive from our house. Then it hit me! Let’s stay at a resort and make it a mini vacation to kick off the summer. On May 28th she spoke to the Tuscana Resort and made our reservations to check into a two bedroom suite. We were all set to check in on May 31st and to check out on June 2nd.

Friday arrived and we were all set. Everything was packed and ready for a great weekend! We had some issues at home though that we had to address before we could get on the road. She called the hotel to notify them that we're not sure we would be there in time to check in by 10pm and to please put the key in the box if were had not arrived by 10pm. She was told where the box was located and given the key code to retrieve our key and instructions. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 pm, parked under the overhang and went to the lock box to retrieve our key. Upon opening the box it was completely empty! However, she noticed some people standing inside at the desk. When we went to open the door however, it was locked. When she knocked another guest let me in. We saw her name on the welcome sign and thought it was pretty neat! One of the guests at the desk seemed to be having issues with their deposit so we waited in line. After about five minutes of waiting a gentleman asked if he could help us. She told him we are here to check in and that the key was not in the box. He took our name and went to get another man from the back because his stack of keys were all mixed up and just had room numbers on them. After the second man came out he gave me my room number and my key as well as an Insider’s Guide to Walt Disney which had the resort map and gate code on the back. He showed her on the map where our room was located and where we should park. She asked if he needed anything else and was told no. So we left the front desk with the map and key and was ready to get settled into our suite.

When we arrived to the unit we found it clean and well kept. We had a full kitchen with full size appliances including a stove/oven, Dining room, Living room, screened patio. Two bedrooms with walk in closets, as well as two bathrooms. It was great! I walked around to all the doors and windows to make sure they were locked, just as I does any place we stay. As I made the rounds checking it all out he realized all the air vents were closed, so I took a chair around to each of them so I could reach and open them. The next thing we noticed was the false drapes in the bedrooms. On either side of both windows were a single drapery panel hung to look like open drapes, however they were not on functional rods and could not close to cover the window. The only things covering each bedroom window were thin mini blinds. Since we were facing a parking lot, the rooms were fully illuminated even with the blinds closed. My wife have a very hard time sleeping with any light so this was a definite drawback for her! The two bedrooms and the living room all three had a 19-22 inch tube TV. I was not very impressed by the lack of updating to the TV’s. The size and age of the TV’s did not bother her as much as not having local news channels available to watch on them. The bath tub in the unit was so slow to drain. She finally had to unscrew the drain plug completely just to try to get the water out faster. 8 inches of water in the tub only drained to 4 inches of water in 2 hours! After removing the drain plug completely the water drained quickly. It had one of those fancy push button drain plugs, step once to close and again to open… all it did was block the water, even in the open position. Finally after the shower it was time to sleep. Both rooms had a queen size bed. The beds were firmer than I like, but were ok for a couple nights.

Saturday morning we woke up and made pancakes in our room for breakfast then headed off to Typhoon Lagoon to spend the morning. After Typhoon Lagoon we went back to our neighborhood for our annual block party. When the party was over we took our girls (ages 8 and 5) and headed back to the resort. When we arrived back our room key would not work, so to the front office we went. Since it was after 10pm the office was closed. On the door is a sign with a phone number to call as well as a phone to use to call the afterhours staff. She called using her cell phone so she could wait in the car. After 20 minutes of listening to “elevator music” she decided to walk into the bar to see if there was someone there who could help us. After speaking to the nice man who runs the resort bar she was informed that she was actually on hold with an answering service and they would have to try to reach whoever was on call for the night and that he had no access to anything to do with the resort and it could take hours to get into our room. Finally after 30 minutes of being on hold a person answers the phone and takes my info. She told her the on call person will call her back shortly. She walked back out to the car where I and sleeping kids were waiting. I am completely fed up by this point. I decided that I am going to go inside to the bar to use the bathroom and we will try our key one last time before going home. I've been wearing contacts all day and they were bothering my eyes, thankfully we had my glasses with us, but not the lens case/solution. it was in our suite. I took my contacts out and threw them away wasting a brand new pair of month long contacts. When we went back to the room to try for one last time, I noticed a man with a clipboard near our room looking around. This was apparently the on call person there to let us in. The on call person however NEVER tried to call us. We finally made it into the room at 11:30pm got the kids settled into bed and then showered. By the time we made it to bed it was almost 2 am and there was no way we were going to be able to wake up in the morning to go to Disney World with the kids.

Sunday morning we woke up around 9am she went straight to the office to find out about our key and to check out while I made us breakfast in the room. The lady in the office said that the key was only programmed to work for one night and we were supposed to come back on Saturday morning to check in… My wife thought that’s what she did Friday night!? Needless to say, she were upset. She checked out with the credit card that the resort had on file and went back to our room. There was no way my wife and I were going to last all day at Disney so we had to disappoint our girls and tell them we couldn’t go. Since our tickets expire the 7th this was our last weekend to be able to use them up. The girls watched a little TV in the room while I packed up everything and we left the resort at 11am. On the way home we stopped by the Florida Mall and let the girls get some m & m’s from the m & m store. While this mini vacation turned into a major disappointment for our family, I’m hoping the girls will only remember the fun stop at the mall and not the fact that they didn’t get to go to Disney.

To make matters worse, Disney raise the ticket prices the very next day. Since my wife and I had tickets to use for this trip were would have all had tickets. Our tickets however expire on the 7th of June, which means if we try to come back later in the summer we will have to spend an additional $201.40 on tickets for me and her to use. While we thought the resort was nice and had a great location, we would never feel comfortable staying there again unless there was a staffed front desk 24/7. The last thing you want is to be locked out of your room with no place to go in the middle of the night with two small children, even if home is only an hour away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ricard S
tuscana1, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I was very disappointed to read your review and see that you rated us with only a 1 after you state that the condominium was great! It seems that there was a mistake at your arrival and you were not given all the information. When you check in after 10:00 PM you must wait till the next morning to sign your registration papers. When you register the key is extended for the remaining amount of nights you will be staying. I apologize that this was not made clear to you. If some one is locked out the after hours our employee will always meet the guest at the door of their condo so we can verify ID and be sure we are letting the guest in the correct condominium. We do have three local news channels the TVs and over 70% are upgraded to flat screens in the living room.I am sorry that you were not able to make it to Disney before they raised the prices. Thank you for taking the time to contact us by phone, e-mail, and now through Trip Advisor
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here with a family of 5-parents and 3 boys 19, 17 and 14 for a lacrosse tournament- It is super easy to get around from the property to any surrounding park or attraction and the 3 bedroom condo was plenty of room! We will definitely stay here again - The staff was super nice and accommodating and check in and check out were both a 5 minute process! They have a lock box for late arrival check ins and it is a gated property. Very nice and very clean. Fully equipped kitchen and washer and dryer was a definite plus for us!

Room Tip: Higher floor may help you sleep in later, if that is what you need!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TuscanaR, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Tuscana. We are convenient to most of the area sporting venues and welcome the teams to stay with us, since our location is convenient to the area sporting venues. I will share you kind comments to the stay. We look forward to having the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Arrived back on Tuesday after a two week stay and have to say it was the best holiday ever staff were very friendly the pool was lovely our condo was really nice and clean and spacious , it was luxury for two weeks , we would love to come back for another visit hopefully in the near future

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad you and your Family enjoyed their stay with us during your recent vacation. Many of our guest tell us how much more relaxed they were having the spacious comfort of a condominium. Our relaxing pool is the perfect way to unwind after a busy day at the parks or even you "day off". We look forward to having your stay with us again.
Jacksonville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked this hotel via Groupon after looking at the reviews and the nice photos of the resort. The reality was a huge shock. I had a 2 bedroom Condo right next to the freeway. The Carpet was filthy and sticky with black / red stains all around. The bed was horrible. It was like like lying on top of a few springs poking You. When You had any questions to the front desk regarding the quality of the rooms, You will get a response as filthy as the rooms are. one of my big and expensive mistakes. It cost Me about $500, just flushed down the drain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank FairandTrueReview
tuscana1, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We are very concerned about the comments in your review. Tuscana Condo's are all privately owned but each condo must meet the quality standards set for the resort. I do not know what condo you stayed in but like most of the resorts located in Orlando you will have some buildings that are closer to the roadway. We have very good reviews from our guests and have just received the Certificate of Excellence for 2013 from Trip Advisor. If you called our front desk to address your concerns we would have had housekeeping sent to the condo to clean or we would have moved your condo, if it was possible. I do not understand what happened during your stay. I see that this is the first review you have written. You can contact us directly so we can check the condo and be sure the quality standards are met. We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. Thank you
Portland, M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Tuscana Resort is a great option if you do not mind a 15-20 minute drive to the Disney properties, and you would like a nice quiet place to relax. The Tuscana Resort is conveniently located right off I-4 and is down a quiet road with no other properties on it, so quiet in fact that I almost turned around to make sure I was heading the right way.

This resort was great for a weekend, but I would be a bit disappointed if I were staying there on vacation. The pool area is clean and nice. However, there is only 1 pool, and it is only located close to the lobby. You would really have to do some walking if you were in building 9. I found it funny that they refer to the area that building 9 is located in to be the "conservation area" especially because the 1st thing you see is a massive back-flow prevention system and a series of 2 dumpsters.

The rooms are clean with granite counter tops, showers were poorly constructed, and not sealed correctly leaving them very dirty looking (please refer to the many pictures that others have posted and you will see what I am talking about). Try to be on the top floor if available, or hope that you are below a family that puts their kids to bed (or themselves) at a decent hour. I don't care how insulated a building is, nothing stops the sound of jumping. We had a 2nd floor unit, and you could hear a lot of noise above us.

The staff was OK, the check-in process is a little odd as there is no front desk area. There were 3 people sitting at desks and no one really showing people where to go. I would imagine that this would be frustrating if you were checking in at busy time.

I am not sure that I would go back to this resort as there are many others that are closer and offer more amenities, but it worked for a short trip. I would seek out other options if you are looking for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Top Floor is a must!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TuscanaR, Director of Sales at Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for y our comments; we do take pride in our Tuscana and the perfect location, far enough away for some quiet time, but just a few minutes to the attractions. We are glad you enjoyed our pool area. I have passed your comments about the shower grout to our maintenance director. We created our front desk area so it is more personable and comfortable for our guests while checking in- no waiting in a long line at a front counter. We hope that you have to opportunity to stay with us again on your next visit to the area.
Petworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have just returned from a holiday at tuscana. I have been visiting florida now for over ten years and have stayed at many resorts. I can quite easily say tuscana resort is by far one of the nicest places. The rooms are very clean and ideal for your needs which also give you that home from home feeling.

It proves to give you great value for money, and the location is perfect which ever holiday you are planning. It's an easy drive to the parks. A stones throw from many golf courses and numerous restaurants and shops with in a short drive.
The staff are very polite and will always make you feel welcome.

The pool area is good again very clean. And the bar/restaurant Are an added bonus if you are not in the mood to travel out.

I will for sure return to tuscana and can't thank the team there enough for ensuring my stay was an amazing one.

4 Thank R0b1977
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are excited your family enjoyed their stay with us during your holiday. We strive to make all of our guests stay and pleasurable as yours. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Floridays Resort Orlando
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,526 reviews
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston? Share your experiences!