“Beautiful hotel. Beautiful resort!”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Orlando, Florida
“Beautiful hotel. Beautiful resort!”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My wife and I got married here and stayed for a long weekend in November 2010. First and foremost the resort and hotel itself is nothing short of amazing. Very beautiful, modern, classy and clean. A great place for a romantic getaway or even a great place for familes. The resort has so many things to do, basketball, golf, swimming pools water slide, lazy river, arcades, bars, pool tables, and alot of onsite places to eat. Just remember that it is a high end resort so you will be paying high end prices. (most bar drinks are $10+) which makes the value 4 stars.
I also give their service 4 stars out of 5. Everyone was wonderful from front desk, housekeeping, room service and restaurants except the manager to the Zen asian restaurant mr. [-], he really needs to be more open minded and willing to help future guest. ( he would not accommondate us for a large group ) claiming his kitchen couldn't handle it. So we chose a local sushi restaurant in celebration FL.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank danielxcha
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Thank you for being our guest! We value your business and your feedback . We will look into the issue you experienced in ZEN and explore what we might have done differently to accommodate your party. We hope you decide to stay with us again soon. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I have to say that earlier this month my partner went on TripAdvisor and lambasted this property over some glaring issues we encountered over our stay there and let me tell you that not only did a representative apologize on here but they also contacted him personally to get a more in-depth explanation of our grievances. After hearing his story they were profusely apologetic and did all they could to assure that such an experience would not happen again if we gave them the chance to earn our business again. We were so impressed by the level of care they have that I felt compelled to write this follow up. The Omni corporation, unlike other properties, actually value their guests' opinion and reviews of the property and it really shows. Now THAT'S how a stay at a 4-star resort is supposed to be. We will be more than happy to book our next stay at the Omni the next time we find ourselves in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JFlow08
Springville, Utah
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I have to say that before we booked our trip, I read many of the reviews on tripadvisor. I travel frequently for work and stay at probably 30-40 hotels a year, so I have learned how to read reviews and filter out reviews of people who are just looking for a reason to complain. I read several reviews of people saying that this is a "terrible" hotel and it was "their worst stay ever"... That is absolutely ridiculous! I have stayed at everything from Motel 8 to the Ritz, and this hotel definitely rates much closer to the Ritz than the other end of the spectrum. If anyone really felt that this was the "worst experience ever", they are either making things up or they are a member of the Royal Family.

I took my wife and our 2 young boys to the hotel and stayed for 7 nights. First of all, we got an incredible rate and we were completely aware of the resort fee and parking fee, so that wasn't a surprise to us. It is listed right in the booking process, so if anyone missed that, it's their own fault. We specifically chose this hotel because it is not right at Disney, but plenty close to get there quickly. They have a free shuttle that is part of the resort fee if you choose to take it. We had a rental car, so we drove each day. The grounds are beautiful, and the pool and lazy river are perfect for kids. We found the staff very friendly and they even had a special check in gift for our 2 kids.

We only ate at the hotel for one breakfast, and it was great. Our server was very friendly and the food was as good as you would expect. The area also has a Publix, McDonalds, Subway and Walgreens within a block or 2, so we had access to everything we needed. The only drawback of the entire week was that the weather was a bit cold. It was in the 40's for a couple of days and breezy, so we weren't able to use the pool as much as we wanted (just stuck to the hot tub).

Anyway, overall we thought this was a great hotel and would definitely stay there again. Don't let people scare you away by calling a 4 star hotel "the worst ever!" This is absolutely not true, and anyone who doesn't have crazy unrealistic expectations would agree.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
new york
Reviewed January 30, 2011

The front desk were the worse people I have ever had to deal with in my 20 years of traveling. Management should seriously "re-train" the front desk personnel.

With that being said, the banquet & shipping team were amazing. Professional, attention to deal with, and always willing to help our team. The 5 star rating is for the banquet & shipping team only.

The hotel is also in need of a face lift to the rooms. No flat panel tv's, bathrooms are old, beds are old, you can hear everyone coming down the hallway and the list goes on.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for your experience at the Front Desk. We invite you to contact the Resort Manager with the specific issues so we can be sure we have addressed them. Regarding the guestrooms, we will be upgrading our inroom TV's in April. Thank you for your compliments to the Banquet and Shipping departments. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Littleton, MA
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I had some trepidation about the resort after reading earlier reviews, but I found the room nice, the resort clean and well maintained, and the staff friendly. Some earlier reviewers complained about fees, but they should have educated themselves before staying here. I was expecting the parking and resort fee, and even with that my price was reasonable for the quality we received.

Our room was clean and quiet. I slept better here than I have at many other hotels. We had a chance to enjoy the lazy river, and the resort is convenient to Disney. It is a bit far from Universal, but that wasn't too big a challenge to overcome.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bjenczyk
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2011

This resort is fab! Golfing on property, great lazy river, tennis courts, etc.. the works. ALSO: Free shuttle to Disney which was so great while we were in NYEve traffic in/out! Stay at the villa if your going with fam or friends as its perfect :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Florence
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My wife and I recently met friends at Omni Championsgate Resort for a short vacation trip. It is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Every aspect of out stay was outstanding. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Every single member of the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. They were all sure to see that our every need was satisfied. There are plenty of activities for kids.i can't think of a single negative thing to say. I will be back again every chance I get. Thanks Omni for a great experience!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,594 reviews
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 336 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,138 reviews

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!