$52
HIExpress.com
$129
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South(Davenport)(Great Value!)
$71
$111
$88
Cancelon
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
6,055 results
All reviewsgolf courselazy riverself parkingwave poolfamily poolbeautiful hotelfire pitformal pooldavid's clubbusiness conferencebroadway deliadult poolsports barchampions gateplay golfpool areagreat amenities
Reviewed December 29, 2010

This "resort" is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. My family & I were looking for some rest & relaxtion when we arrived to kick off our after-Christmas vacation. That idea went straight out of the window as soon as we stepped foot into our room. The carpet was filthy. As soon as I kicked my shoes off, my brand new white socks were black. As we laid down in the incredibly small bed, I was greeted by a spring digging directly into my back. I called housekeeping the next morning after getting no sleep, to request a mattress pad or new mattress. I was put on hold for 15 minutes after explaining the problem to housekeeping. Then, when the gentleman finally took me off hold, he asked me how he could help me, forcing me to explain the problelm again. He then told me he would have to "run it through his manager" before he could do anything for us. I asked him to please do so & have our bedding situation fixed before we returned for the evening. Absolutely nothing was done and we spent another sleepless night in this nightmare of a hotel.

Aside from the bedding issue, I was applled that they charge $14 per night to park, but don't have nearly enough parking. We came back from the parks late both nights and had to circle the lot 5 times before finding a spot.

On top of the bedding & parking fiascos, they pre-authorized a total of $115 on my credit card without telling me how much they were going to hold on the card, tying up all of this money for the remainder of our trip. Our total bill on checkout was about $33. I called the hotel to ask them to call my card company & release the excessive hold and I was told this could not be done. I called Amex myself & they told me it could be done, the hotel just had to call & ask them to do it. I called the hotel & gave them the direct number Amex gave me to accomplish this and I was still told it could not be done. I was then told "well it's ONLY $115".... yeah ONLY $115...but that $115 to me was a lot! I was on a very tight budget this trip & that $115 hold caused a lot of embarassment when my card was declined at the next hotel when I tried to pay for a room at another hotel hoping to get a decent night's sleep.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

We are very sorry for your experience and would like to pinpoint what room you were in so we can be sure that we've addressed the issues you pointed out. We would also like to verify that your accounting issues were resolved if you would be willing to contact the resort manager and reference your trip advisor. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed one night. Rate was $90 plus additional $30 for parking and resort fees. I appreciated all the hotel had to offer. The pools were so warm. It was 72 degrees outside and slightly windy. Pool water has to be warm for me to go in. I spent a few hours in the lazy river and family pool. When they say heated, it's heated. (I also stayed at the Hilton at Disney World and their heated pool....was not that heated. I stayed about a minuted in that pool.) So to me, it was worth spending the extra money on resort fees for a real heated pool. Because I have children, the volleyball court, basketball court, pool table, and tennis courts were a welcome source of activities. They supplied all equipment without fees. Our entire family was able to spend the entire day enjoying ourselves outdoors. Also, they had a very late checkout ...3pm! The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only issue with our trip was the double beds, why not queens? I did not find the beds that comfortable.

Reviewed December 22, 2010

We went to stay at the Omni Resort only to be greeted with a very rude car hop. As we were trying to remove our luggage from the car to check in, because we did not choose valet parking, we were told that we must remove the car immediately as to let others in who chose valet parking. That is where they make their tips. We went and parked in handicap parking and because we returned so quickly, the car hop asked where we parked, when we told him, his reply was "I doubt you need to park there." Told him he could see the tags for himself and it was not his call on telling us about where we could park.
We were told after we complained that our room for the first night would be compensated. It never was.

When we got to our room it was nice. However, the beds were very uncomfortable, springs poking through the mattress. When we took a shower, we ended up standing knee high in water because the drainage was extremely poor. We finally gave up and checked out. We left 10 days early. They never bothered to ask how our stay was or why we left early.

W

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camptraveler01
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2010

We are very sorry for your experience. Our Resort Manager invites you to contact him and reference your trip advisor review. Best regards!

Reviewed December 18, 2010

Visiting currently in December 2010. You pay $14-$18 to park daily plus $16 a day resort fee. What a rip off!!!!! Hotel does not have anything special enough to pay $68 extra in addition to the room charge. Sucks.

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank divadi02
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I agree 100% with the review posted by kelsum02. Our experience was virtually identical. The hotel is really lovely, but the fees are an insult. We got a super price on this place thru Priceline and were initially very excited. Then we realized that the "Disney Main Gate" zone is no where near Disney and that on top of the rate, we'd have $30 per day in fees. We were there the week it was 30 degrees in Florida. It was crazy and really put a damper on our plans. We certainly could not use the pool! When we asked if instead we might be able to use the sauna or steam room in the Spa, we were told we'd have to pay extra for that. Give me strength. I was more than aggravated by that point. I felt terrible for the very nice kids at the Front Desk who must hear complaint after complaint about the fees. One other point of irritation: the shops close at 5. What hotel does this? We came back from Disney at 6 pm and wanted to buy a magazine. Not happening.

We really loved our room (except for the old TV) and the best part of all Omni hotels is the Select Guest program. They will deliver coffee/juice/water to your room first thing in the am (you tell them when) for free. There is nothing better than a pot of coffee waiting at your door when the alarm goes off.

I would not call this a developed area, and the McDonalds is a good 10 minutes away by the time you factor in getting to the parking lot, getting out of the parking lot (half the time, our card did not work to get us out), and then ride down the road a mile or so. There is a Chili's, a supermarket and a drugtore nearby -- and that's it. Anything else is a minimum of 10 miles away.

If you are going there for an event, or to play golf, you will not be disappointed. If you are there to do the parks, you will want to consider another location unless you don't mind spending an hour a day in the car going back & forth.

2  Thank AllisonNNH
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

We are happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the trouble you experienced with getting in and out of the parking lot. Some guests have trouble when swiping their room key. We are training our associates to give more specific instructions during the checkin process when they are programming the guest room keys for parking access. We regret that the weather was so cold during your stay. With the purchase of any spa or salon service, guests may enjoy the full amenities of the spa, including locker rooms, lounges whirlpools and sauna. In addition, all resort guests have 24 hour access to the fitness center. I will share your feedback about the gift shops closing early. We will be replacing our televisions and armoires in early 2011. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Best regards!