“"Not the same anymore..."” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Newport, Rhode Island
“"Not the same anymore..."”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

WHAT HAS HAPPENED? This used to be my favorite hotel when staying in Orlando--NO MORE. The Omni now charges a $14 PARKING FEE in addition to a $16 RESORT FEE. THATS ALOT OF FEES! There are, however, free parking spots that are open if you look carefully.....

Our room was substandard. Sagging beds, AC that is humid no matter how cold you set it at, linens with holes in it, pool towels with yellow "stains"--YUCK. If you did get a room with a view the windows are so filthy that it is hard to see out. The pool is great however, it is dirty. We found a dead mouse floating among the tubes...

The bigggest negative, however, is lurking in the serene ponds along the grounds of the Omni. We decided to take a stroll to the grocery store about a mile away. We were walking along the sidewalk when we encountered an alligator. There are no signs warning of this nor was I told of its existance. The Omni needs to remove this potential lawsuit from their property. When I complained, I was told they would send out yet "another" trapper ...thats comforting.....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NWC07
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is important in our efforts to constantly improve. Regarding the wildlife around the resort, we respond immediately to remove any wildlife that is found to be in guest areas. Lately we have noticed more staining of our pool towels as a result of guests’ use of self tanning lotions. We are exploring better stain removal options. We apologize for the condition of the windows during your stay. Our regularly scheduled window cleaning maintenance has been underway since September 3 and all 720 rooms and suites will be complete by September 17. Since you were not completely satisfied with your stay, we invite you to contact the Resort Manager for further followup.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Northwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

We went in August with Virgin Holidays and had a great time. Arrived on a Friday night and the hotel was fully booked because of a couple of weekends and a convention. Took a little time at reception.
Room on the fourth floor overlooking the pools and golf course. Room big and with nice linen. Asked about the Virgin upgrade ( to a room with a balcony ) but none available. But no real problem.
With Virgin we got free breakfast for adults and paid around $9 each for the children each morning - food was good and the buffet was large with loads of variety - could had a chef cook your eggs or omlette to order, loads of fruit and bagels and bread. But the food was pretty much the same everyday.
The pools were superb, the lazy river was great and there was always loads of staff to supervise. The jacuzi was really hot and they had a childrens play area, pool table and pay arcade.
Went to Davids Club on the first night for dinner, but found the food to be average but the prices for adults was quite high.
This is a great hotel - the Omni select guest is a great idea, complimentary drinks to your room each morning, up to 4, coffee, hot chocolate or juice. And you say what time to be delivered. The service was on time every morning, for 14 mornings.
Also free papers.
The housekeeping staff are excellent and the turn down did happen everynight.
The hotel is a little out of the way and and bit of a journey if you are going to the attractions, but they have a great Chillis nearby which i would recommend and a really good supermarket at Publix. The $4.99 cooler was a godsend. The hotel have a great icemaker on each floor.
Only criticism was when we left the hotel tried to chrage us for self parking which was ( with tax ) was $15 x 14 nights. The Virgin deal was with free parking, and the reception very quickly took this off. The resort fee was around $16 per night.
Would recpmmend the 9 holes of golf, the greens are kept immaculate.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Thank you for pointing out all of the amenities you enjoyed during your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return. Best regards!
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

I booked and stayed here Jul/Aug 2010 for two weeks, I had stayed here before in '09 and because of the great time we had the previous year there was " no decision" needed for this Summers Holidays. When I arrived I was told that I had a car park facing room but would be moved within 2 days " when the weekenders" had left. I got to the room and the toilet was blocked and the lights didn't work in the bathroom. It took Maintainance 3 days to come and fix.
The Valets are a different company to last year and " Lost " my car several times, even though I rang for it I still had to wait over 25 minutes to get my car.
I sent clothing to the Laundry on the Thursday of my visit and still hadn't had it by Saturday afternoon I called and was given a fob-off that it was on it's way. When it came not only did I have someone else's item but I had things missing. My son's England Soccer Jersey came stained( after they lost it for a further day), Marked and ruined (It went with a bit of sauce on it and came back with boot prints on it) I left a note with the hotel and spoke to head of housekeeping and nothing was followed through. I eventually complained and was told that I would be refunded for 1. The cleaning and 2. The Jersey( I never received anything - nor a credit on the roomservice ).
My Partner is Pregnant and realised that we had been eating and drinking goods out of the minibar that were 3-5 Months out of date, when I challenged reception they said they would credit my minibar bill ( Never received this ).
At checkout I pointed all this out but I was looked at as though I was stupid. I had breakfast vouchers for 2x adult breakfasts but was still charged for my child, even though I never had anything. The parking is ridiculous as the resort fee. I never got a new room either by the way, just the same one that overlooked a carpark with the contant drone of the air conditioning thing. I have written to the hotel but as of now ( One Month since I returned ) I haven't had the money owed OR most importantly an apology from (The front desk/Housekeeping Manager or the Director who was organising my refund) oh and two days after I left they billed my Credit card another $200 for something.... Absolutely Appaling..............Sammy and Blanca in Trevis are really nice though........

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely apologize for your experience and are in the process of trying to contact you based on the limited information that we have from your post. We would like to follow up with you on any issues that are still pending. We hope to be in contact with you soon. Best regards!
Brandon, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

Had a good time, the hotel was clean, etc.... My wife removed her wedding ring and diamond earrings in the bathroom. We realized the terrible mistake the next day. After arriving home my wife franticly contacted the hotel, she was instructed to call "Lost and Found". The employee told my wife that no one had turned anything like that in, Sorry he stated with little to no regard to the emotional termoil my wife was in. You would have thought that we left a pair of house slippers behind. He also stated, Usually stuff like that gets vacuumed up and never found. Hmmmm? Sounds a little fishy to me. I then called back and spoke to Charlie (a manager) he seemed sincere and told me to contact Michael, he was the "loss prevention Mgr" . I left Michael a long detailed voicemail and have YET to hear a word back from anyone from the OMNI HOTEL! I was planning a trip back (at least on a quarterly basis) I had a great time while there. I will on the other hand NEVER go back only for one reason, the Management (or lack ther of) obviously takes no interest in my their customers needs or concerns. I am very, very disappointed and will not recommend this hotel to any of "my customers" in the future. All I realy wanted was for someone to (maybe) so a small amount of intrest in this matter.
Mike Fetterhoff Brandon, Fl.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. Someone from the resort will be contacting you shortly. Best regards!
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

This Omni is great. They have a relaxing lazy river, small waterslide and two other pools. The hotel grounds were beautiful and clean. My only complaints were that my room had some scuff marks on the wall and the beds were like the Travelodge beds I slept in on the way down. Not very comfortable. The T.V. was not an LCD or Plasma. It was an old fashioned T.V. Just beware that there will be a lot of state and town taxes being added on to the room rate. I paid $79 base rate. With the $14 parking fee/night, the $16 resort fee/night added on and taxed, and county, state, and local tax, the room was going up to about $140/night. Tax, Tax, Tax! Other then that the place was GREAT!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of performing maintenance and care on all of the guest rooms and will be updating our televisions in the near future. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is our fourth visit and the hotel is nice with great pools and a lazy river. However, the first room we have had several scuff marks on the wall (which was surprising)....We were moved to 470 which had a great pool view. The hotel was accomodating, but I was suprised to see a room which wasn't touched up with fresh paint. Love Croc's (pool bar), lazy rivers and pool...We also stayed at the Hilton Bonnett Creek which is new and enjoyed it a little more this time. I did recommend the Omni to friends and they loved it...still would go back, just need to keep the little touches updated in the rooms...bathrooms and lobby are clean. They just started charging a daily parking fee which was suprising since there is already a $16 per day resort fee...wish they did not start charging for parking....

Thank LovetotravelSt.Louis
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the fact that you are a repeat customer. We apologize for the condition of your room. Since hotel occupancy is winding down for the summer we are able to focus on maintenance and painting of every guest room. We hope you will decide to return and see that we have addressed your concerns. Best regards!
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

The only reason i won't come back is because of the bad surprises I got there, when I book a hotel ( especially over the phone) I always ask all the questions right away, because i hate to get surprises when I get there.
So the first bad surprise was when I insisted over the phone that we want to get king beds in teach of the two rooms of the villas we've booked, and I insisted that if we can't get the king beds, then I will prefer to book two separate rooms, so the operator made me wait over ten minutes ( which I did not mind) to confirm to me after, that we can get in the villa's rooms king beds. And guess what happened when we got there; Sorry sir but it is impossible to get in the second room king beds, and that my friend ruined the whole vacation, why? well because we were two couples and both of us wanted to have the room with the king bed..... I will let you imagine how the rest of our vacation finished
The second bad surprise was at five in the morning, when over a hundred people were exercising, yelling and praising their stupid company who happened to gather them on the golf course ( five o'clock in the morning) for a seminar or maybe one of those brain storming ( actually brain washing).
I will stop here because really it was a nightmare vacation, and yes prepare yourself to pay for the parking!!!!!!!!!! ( no comments)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
We apologize for the miscommunication about the king beds. All of the villa master bedrooms are king bedded. The second and third bedrooms have either one queen bed, two double beds or two twin sized beds. There are no second or third bedrooms with king beds. We have alerted our reservation center so they can correctly inform guests. We regret that your stay was also affected by the group that was in house. We will take your experience into consideration for future guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,365 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Reunion Resort of Orlando
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,523 reviews

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!