“Wonderful Service - GREAT POOL!”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Service - GREAT POOL!”
Reviewed February 5, 2007

I'm a frequent business traveller (50 + hotel nights a year) and I was wary of my stay as it was my first at the Omni. I couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel itself was beautiful. The pool was the best I've ever seen (I LOVE the lazy river). I was most impressed with every employee I interacted with. From the front desk to room service, everyone was kind, attentive, and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Orlando for business or pleasure. I look forward to my next stay!

• Liked — Service and Pool
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank onenyctraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
michigan
Reviewed January 23, 2007

After reading all the great reviews on this site,we had ourselves expecting something wonderful.Well,not wonderful.First we booked on priceline and wondered if that had a bearing on our stay.Upon check in we were given a room with one king bed overlooking some huge steaming roof top furnace,even though the girl at the desk told us they had a huge amount of people check out that morning and she could see it was myself,my 6foot4 hubby and my 13 year old son.I called the front desk and asked for a room with 2 dbls.They moved us,view no better even though the place was deserted.At least we can use the beautiful pool area,wrong.The water was ICE COLD!Beautiful to look at but to cold to swim in.The only other person down there was in th (small) hot tub,and she commented about the water temp.Parking is not to great either.You are either valet(very expensive)or you walk a great deal.Room was nice but not wonderful,horrid view,cold pools,unfriendly staff and a 13 dollar per nite resort fee.I wouldn't stay here again.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — staff
4 Thank picturechick
CT
Reviewed January 23, 2007

My husband ran the Disney Marathon in January of 2007 and he signed up a bit late. So, many of the hotels in Disney were booked. He found the Omni online and we loved it. We rented a car and it took us about 15 mins. to drive from the hotel to the parks.
The hotel itself is very nice and reasonably priced. We had a very nice room with a very comfy king size bed. My sister in law and her husband also stayed at this hotel with us for a few nights before transferring to the Animal Kingdom lodge. They wished they had just stayed at the Omni because it was so nice. The service was wonderful and this hotel was a great alternative to staying at one of the hotels right in Disney.

• Liked — Great rooms, nice pool with lazy river and accessibility to Disney.
5 Thank kellydb
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Loved our stay at Omni Championsgate. The room was adequate size and very clean. The staff was very pleasant. The food was very good at all restaurants. The spa was enjoyable, especially the Hot Stone Massage. We played the International Course - great layout. Will visit again!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank RLJackson15
Kanata, ON
Reviewed January 13, 2007

My girlfriend and I just returned from a week long stay in the Orlando area. We were only able to book the Omni Championsgate for a 4 day stretch due to it being fully booked for conferences.

The hotel itself is absolutely wonderful in every way. The room was decorated in a colonial style and was very tasteful. The beds are very comfortable and we enjoyed a quiet sleep each evening.

From our 10th floor view, we overlooked the gorgeous gardens and pool area extending out towards the Championsgate courses and David Leadbetter Golf Academy.

The pool has been awarded a "top pool in the US" designation and I understand why. We were happy that it was open (even in January) until 10pm each evening and we enjoyed having a dip and a few tours around the lazy river after dinner. I could not imagine how they could possible have a better pool area. The facility has 2 pools, a 15 min lazy river (through gardens), a sand volleyball court and waterslide all spread out over approximately 6 acres.

Our prime reason for going to the Orlando area was to enjoy the area's fine golf courses. I look for high end courses which offer the best combination of service and experience to price. Unfortunately, we felt that the Championsgate courses were very overpriced in comparison to the other courses in the area. We did end up using their practice facility and the service was outstanding and is indicative of the overall experience one might have playing there for the day. That being said, the courses are in wonderful condition and if you don't mind the nearly $200.00 per round fee and don't want to leave the resort, then they are a good option.

We made reservations for two outstanding courses that I cannot recommend enough: Eagle Creek (near the Orlando Airport) and Celebration GC (near Kissimmee). Both were outstanding and we played at each for less than $50.00 per round (after 2pm) and managed to get in 18 holes before dark.

I will also add that the Omni has a pitch and putt course that is lit up in the evening. We didn't play because we were already playing 18 holes a day; however, they are a great option for the family and casual golfers who don't have their clubs with them as they provide a rental set with the $15.00 fee.

I will also mention that there is a resort fee, but that it is entirely reasonable. I believe it was approximately $15.00 and it allows access to all the recreational facilities, shuttle service to Disney, free local calling, high speed wireless internet (works flawlessly) and parking for the duration of your stay. Considering that most high end hotels charge $15+ for parking and $20+ for high speed access, I believe this is a good deal and I had no complaints.

I would also recommend eating at a steak and seafood restaurant called Salt Lake. The ribeye is out of of this world!

We didn't eat at any of the restaurants at the hotel but I'm sure they are quite good.

The point I must relay to you is that the Omni manages to provide an environment where all their staff seem genuinely happy to work, which leads to a high level of satisfaction by guests. The Omni is rated at the top of many customer surveys with respect to overall satisfaction and the staff is the biggest reason why. We left the resort feeling relaxed, rejuvinated and very happy. We will most definately be returning.

Although there are many hotels that are closer to the theme parks and much less expensive, I highly recommeding getting a rental car, driving the extra 10 minutes and spending the extra money to stay at the Omni Championsgate. You will love it!

• Liked — Service, views, room and pool facility
  • Disliked — No reduced green fees at Championsgate for hotel guests.
  • Tips/Secrets — Take a 9pm dip in the pool before bed!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank reclermo
Munich
Reviewed January 13, 2007

arrived on Jan 6th,2007 from Orlando airport by cab (70$); check-in was very fast and very friendly. Dinner in the on-site Italian restaurant was absulotely excellent! The room was clean and quiet. No problems with check out next day. I would come again!

• Liked — cleanliness, friendlyness of staff
  • Disliked — I don´t like "resort fees": why don´t they ask a price for the room - period!!
  • Tips/Secrets — take a pasta dish in the on-site italian restaurant
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
8 Thank freqtravmuc
London
Reviewed January 12, 2007

The Omni is off exit 58. It is not close but not bad. Our Sat Nave took us a further 12 miles as it didn't recognise the exit from 58. if you are using sat a Sat Nav to get to the hotel, just get off exit 58 and turn right, straight on until you get to the hotel. We stayed here in December for 5 days. We had two rooms. They couldn't give us adjoining rooms as they were full to capacity. Disney had a male and female soccer competition at the time we were there and there were a lot of football players around, male and female. They were all very pleasant, and well behaved. The Omni is amazing, valet parking is $14, the car park is quite close enough, you can park yourself. They have wireless. The rooms are very well appointed, our room had a view of the pool, lazy river and the golf course, what a view. My children loved the pool and were prepared to stay in the pool all day. There is a giant water slide that I was persuaded by everyone to go onto, never again. My kids loved it though. There is a basket ball pole fitted in the pool. The kids just refused to leave. There is a quiet pool, where you can only sit or swim quietly They also have a spa that is amazing. The massage is out of this world. They also do quite a long list of beauty treatments. There is a games room and the Omni camp which we didn't use. The hotel has a festive and elegant atmosphere. There were a lot of weddings. I think there were three weddings taking place while we were there. There are few shops in the area including a barbers and hairdresser and dentist. Definitely will come back. We stayed at three hotels during this stay, The Renaissance, Peabody and the Omni Champions gate.The Peabody won hands down for the service, standard, beauty and elegance. The Omni was second place for the lazy river and being far away, and the Renaissance (though okay) didn't half compare to the other two

• Liked — The pool and the lazy river
  • Disliked — Too far
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the Spa
3 Thank Jessica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Reunion Resort of Orlando
#12 of 152 in Kissimmee
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#28 of 335 in Orlando

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!