“Fantastic Hotel, will return again & again!”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Yorkshire, England
“Fantastic Hotel, will return again & again!”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

One of the best hotels we have stopped at, what a wonderful resort with plenty of things to do. When we weren't out & about around the parks, (which are all in fairly easy travelling distance of the hotel) we were playing golf/basketball/tennis or simply enjoying one of the many pools, spa or gym. If you don't have your own transport the hotel does provide transport to & from some of the parks, but we highly recommend hiring a car as there is SO much to see & do.
The hotel was never over crowded & we always got a great spot around the pool, apart from on Independence Day when it was totally PACKED out, but the hotel laid on plenty of extra staff offering poolside service, if you happen to have your stay around this holiday day ensure you are up at the crack of dawn to reserve your seats around the pool!
All the restaurants are lovely serving fantastic food and top quality service from all the staff, a little disappointed that the Zen restaurant was closed during our stay, but found a lovely little chinese restaurant just a short walk away next to the supermarket, serving fantastic food.
This was my second visit to the Omni & my partners first, and we both thoroughly enjoyed every second of our 2 week stay, can't wait to come back soon hopefully next summer maybe.
We booked the whole package through Virgin Holidays and had superb service from start to finish.
I would highly recommend the Omni to anyone looking to book an Orlando holiday - Enjoy you wil not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetoholiday30
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your many happy returns!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 21, 2010

In town for a business trip, we were booked at the Omni. Unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy the pools, however, they looked very clean and inviting. The catering and convention staff were excellent. Housekeeping left personal notes each day just to say hello, or to thank me for my stay. I would definitely stay here again, especially if I return for vacation!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
We love to hear from our convention attendees and we hope you will decide to return for a leisure stay with us soon. Best regards!
Miami,Fla
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We were there on business for 3 nights with a golf outing the first day before spending the rest of the time inside for meetings. The resort is quite large with a lot of areas to explore and enjoy. Most rooms are facing the golf course, so the views are nice. The staff are very nice, professional and accommodating. The rooms are nice and clean, but a little on the smallish side. The meeting areas are convenient, clean and spacious. One problem with the meeting areas (ballrooms) is the lack of cell phone service inside.
The pool areas are extensive (including the "lazy river") with plenty of chairs, cabanas and lounging spots. All in all, a very nice resort with friendly, professional staff and nice, clean rooms. The only downside is the location, which is about 10+ miles outside of Orlando.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
We are happy that your business travel brought you to our resort and that you had the opportunity to experience the golf course. We hope you decide to return.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I booked a room at this place for 6 nights for a conference and leisure. From the website and photos, I was very excited about going there and having a great time on the lazy river. Needless to say, the place is gorgeous and the website is totally accurate. Unfortunately though, during my registration the front desk staff seemed very unorganized, unwilling, and ridiculously slow! I walked up to the desk and they were all standing their socializing and just stared at me? I said hello I would like to register for my stay and they continued to stare with a blank face. Then I said am I in the right place? They finally got their stuff together and helped me. That was my first negative experience and I let it slide. The other negative experience was throughout my stay and it was with the pool staff. When I say pool staff, I mean the teenager boys they have employed that are supposed to gather used towels and I guess make sure nobody is doing anything they aren't supposed to. Well their were about three of these young boys that had the worst stuck up attitude like they were the sons of the owner of the place. They walked around with their nose in the air and looked at people like they were trash. It was a ridiculous experience with these boys considering they are in no control position. Other than those two negatives, everything else was great! The room was fantastic, HOUSEKEEPING STAFF IS AMAZING!! Restaurants and bars are great and have great environment. Oh and I forgot to mention that I was there for a Best Western conference so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from hotels, I don't speak without credibility.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
We are very sorry about the service you experienced at the pool. Since you were specific with the dates of your stay and the group you were with we were able to address the issue with the appropriate staff members. Thank you for pointing out the facilities and services you enjoyed and for recognizing the associates that gave great service. We value your feedback.
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My wife and I decided to spend the week in Orlando for our 7 year anniversary. We played in Orlando for 7 days and stayed at the Omni for all 6 nights. As a matter of fact we spent a couple of the days relaxing at both of the pool areas and floating the lazy river. So relaxing and refreshing. From the time we arrived until we sadly had to head home, we were treated like royalty. We also signed up for the Omni select rewards... already trying to plan our next Omni-cation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay with us. I enjoyed communicating with you on twitter and discovering that it was your anniversary. There are more than 40 Omni Hotels nationwide in the most desirable destinations. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in helping you choose your next Omni-cation.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights, during trips to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens, we also spent one day making the most of the hotel amenities, it just has to be done!

Pros
Grounds are stunning as is the lobby of hotel
3 pools all of which are slightly different and a HOT HOT HOT tub which was fab!
LOVED the lazy river
Towels provided for pool use
Continental breakfast was included in our room rate, nice although not amazing, we liked the Italian/American waiter, he sounded like he was in the film godfather, lol : - )
24 hour fitness center

Cons
the location - we had to drive to go anywhere which was a disadvantage as my Partner could not have a drink during dinner as we did not want to pay hotel prices, although it looks as though this is an upcoming area and they are building a new resort around the hotel??, so I guess there will be more places to go in the evening in a year or two

This is the only con, if the hotel had more restaurant/drinking choices close by we would definately stay again

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. There are future plans for a ChampionsGate Village that will offer more dining, entertainment and retail options within walking distance. Until then, we are within a 10-20 minute drive to several locations. With a car rental desk on property it is easy to arrange for transportation for a portion or all of your stay.
Worcestershire
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed in this hotel after we got married in florida. The hotel is an amazing hotel, the tallest in Orlando I've heard. A little difficult to find though both our limo dropping us off and our car delivery both had trouble finding it because on the sav nav it gives you to different address so make sure you put in Championsgate DAVENPORT. It took both drivers to a housing estate no where near to the hotel. The lazy pool is great enough rings for everyone, breakfast was buffet style, not the best I've had but not the worse. Be weary of the free transport to disney as these have to be booked in advance and you have to book quick otherwise it will get fully booked. We tried to get the 9:30am coach but it was full so next one wasn't until 11:30. We also wanted to make a show in downtown disney at 6 pm but the latest time we could leave would be 4:30, just bear this in mind they are not very frequent. Staff we're very helpfull also. Not close to alsot of places so a car would be useful if planning to go out. Rooms are lovely, very clean and tidy, we had a suite which was spacious, had internet connection, a desk, wardrobes, sofa, his and hers sinks, bath and shower.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
You bring up a great point about the driving directions. ChampionsGate is not recognized by most GPS systems. Champions Gate (two words) is recognized by Mapquest. There is an identical street address in Orlando that is 30 miles from the resort. If you are mapping to the resort using a GPS, enter Davenport as the city. We are located at exit #58 from I-4 (from either direction). We continue to work with NavTeq on these mapping issues. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of others.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hilton Orlando
#52 of 339 in Orlando
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 339 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!