“Grand Hotel With Amazing Pools but Isolated” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Washington DC
“Grand Hotel With Amazing Pools but Isolated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2006

The hotel is grand. Very elegant. Large rooms. Ask for a balcony overlooking pool. Pools are amazing. However, the hotel is fairly isolated. The deli prices are astronomical so bring any supplies you may need or you'll pay through the nose. Restaurant by pool is reasonable.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank WashDC1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2006

We stayed at the Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate. Let me tell you, we couldn't have asked for anything better. Check in was smooth and pleasant. As we came in we were given a package which included our keys, resort map, welcome letter, and select guest door tags (more on that program in a second). The resort manager was aware that we would be celebrating our first year anniversary during our stay and in our room we found a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of bubbly, a congratulations card signed by hotel employees and some other goodies. The attention to detail did not go unnoticed by us. The rooms were well appointed, clean and roomy. The pool area was incredible. There were 3 pools to choose from, which included the quiet pool, a zero entry family pool with a great waterslide and an 850-feet lazy river pool. There were basketball courts, tennis courts a par-3 golf course and of course the championship golf courses. I played the par 3 golf course which was fun. My wife had a spa treatment done (the hydrating island wrap) which received rave reviews. Do yourself a favor if you stay here. Sign up for the select guest program. It's free of charge!!! On the doortags we were given you can select what type of morning beverage you would like, which newspaper, and an option for affordable breakfast starches. You can also choose preferences online which include extra pillows, extra towels, high floor room, low floor room, etc. The turndown service that comes with the program is great. We would come in every night and find our bed ready for us to jump in, also, mint chocolates and a card indicating the weather for the following day.The location was great for those who decide not to stay on disney property. 20 minutes to Universal and 10-15 minutes to all Disney attractions including Downtown Disney. The championsgate complex has convenience written all over it. There you will find a supermarket, a pharmacy, a McDonalds, a pizza place, Chilis and 2 gas stations. We were very happy with the Omni and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006
7 Thank pennstate4ever
Odenton, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2006

Will stay here again next year. Stayed two nights and then had reservations at the Disney World Swan (wish we could have stayed here for the last three night!) Pools were AMAZING!!! Rent a cabana and enjoy the quiet time. We didn't eat at the hotel but went to a great Tapas rest that the valet suggested (ask them for the rest in Celebration, amazing food and sangria) Room was spacious and comfortable, not too lux, but this is the Omni not Four Seasons. Great hotel for families, though it does get conventions, which can be loud (1 night ) I think the major problem with this resort is it's newness. The staff is good but not great, we when asked to change rooms, it took over an hour to handle the request. Some of the staff just seem unexperienced. Overall, the hotel is beautiful and well appointed, just don't expect top top notch service just yet.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank glory4
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2006

Now this hotel gets it! Customer service is a simple concept, but few companies perform it at the superior level of this hotel. And it doesn't come across as forced, their willingness to service their clients feels very genuine.

I have traveled a fair bit over the years, and this hotel ranks in my top 2-3. Beyond the customer service, the rooms are very nice, the property is beautiful and the multiple swimming options are terrific. Yes, love that lazy river! And we were there over 4th of July weekend and they had lots of options for kids.

The only reason I wouldn't rate it as my favorite hotel ever is because of the cost of meals. Yikes, $9 for a sandwich (no sides included) in their deli! Crocs, the restaurant by the main pool is a little more reasonable. That said, the food I did have there was great.

The hotel is just a bit isolated, though there is a grocery store and Subway/McDonalds about a 1/4 mile away.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank COGal
ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2006

My husband , daughter and I stayed from June 8-11. After spending a few days in Disney it was nice to get out of the park activities. Lots of families, small children. Not a lot activties for teens, other than the river, my 15 yr old was bored. Game room was pale.

Not much for eats outside the hotel other than McDonald, Subway and a pizza place, which we did not try. The hotel food was average. Great to get a cup of Starbucks early in the morning.

The rooms were very clean! Did not find the bed very comfortable and seemed rather small even for full size. Upon arrival, our reservation, which I made myself, had been cancelled. I had even called to reconfirm. The staff was able to reinstate it, so luckly no problem.

The highlight of this hotel was the raging river(which could have moved faster) and golf. Would go back again as long I did not want to go to Disney everyday....too far to drive and not much else around.

• Stayed June 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank lucy8181
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2006

In previous years we experienced the Orlando "5 parks in 5 days" vacation--not very relaxing. This time we wanted a quiet and restful vacation. I choose the Omni based on reviews, age (it's very new), the pool/lazy river, and the golf courses. The resort exceeded my expectations which made the stay even better. The golf (very pricey) was a treat to myself and the kids spent 8 hours a day in the pool and lazy river. Service was above avg and the prices were in line with a resort. We split our week- 3 days at Omni and 4 at the Hyatt Grand Cypress. We split the vacation just in case the Omni was not great we could count on Hyatt. What a mistake. After 2 days at the Hyatt I was longing for the Omni. The Hyatt is enourmous, completely dated (hello 80's!), the "heated pool" is small and all the great pool pictures on the website are not heated so the water was about 69 degress---nobody was in those pools so you had hundreds of people in one pool- yuck. The resort itself was nice but nearly as nice as expected and way too expensive. Back to The Omni- the pool was great for our 3 y.o.--zero entry and very very clean water. Lazy river was a blast. The resort itself is in a less developed area which is fine. 10 mins to Rt 41 (?) in Kissimmee which is a busy area and easy ride to parks. There seems to be a lot of conferences/business meetings which means less tourists- there was a nice mix of business and tourists so the pool was not too crazy but my kids made lots of friends. The British children seem to be very friendly and behaved. I have 3 kids (3, 7,9) and we traveled in April 2006. Will stay again next year but will look for coupons for the golf- $155/ round is a lot even for a golf nut like me.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2006

We recently stayed at the Omni at the end of May 2006 and it was, without exception, the best hotel I have stayed at in Orlando. I have visited Disney many times over the years and this was the most luxurious, family friendly resort with all the amenities you would come to expect from a luxury hotel. We booked over Priceline and paid $100/night and I feel like we robbed someone. If you stay here though, I would definitely rent a car. Downtown Disney is about 10 minutes and the parks between 15-20 minutes. We stayed at the Doubletree on Hotel Plaza Blvd and the shuttle took longer than that and we were in the park! Unlike others who reviewed this resort, I found the food excellent but yes, it's pricey. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank duchess0011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,366 reviews
Reunion Resort of Orlando
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,526 reviews

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!